Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Intake or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 09:13 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexis350
Also it might be getting sucked into the filter?
Also my concern, does it over time get closer even touch or block a part of the filter?

OP:
This is a great idea! And a well executed DIY fabrication effort.
Thanks for sharing. Let us know if it shows any signs of restriction.
Old 07-30-15, 11:26 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Radical350
Also my concern, does it over time get closer even touch or block a part of the filter?

OP:
This is a great idea! And a well executed DIY fabrication effort.
Thanks for sharing. Let us know if it shows any signs of restriction.
There's no air restrictions at all because it used stock air duct inlet to pull in cold air from front bumper.
Old 08-24-15, 07:31 AM
CurtP
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed the F Sport Performance Intake...

I just installed the F Sport Performance Intake on my 2015 IS 350, and overall I'd say it delivers on the mild-to-moderate, but still definitely noticeable improvements. My observations so far:

- Sound: Actually slightly quieter overall, but a nicer, deeper, less 'mechanical' sound. This intake doesn't have the intake sound generator that the stock one does, but the sound that rumbles through naturally sounds deep, smooth and honest.

- Throttle response: The most noticeable of all the improvements. While the ECU was adapting to the new intake, it was making upshifts too late because the engine would hit the limiter before the ECU would respond. After a few days of driving, it has adapted nicely and I enjoy how it has modestly improved the overall power / acceleration feeling.

- Power: Probably nothing too dramatic here. I do feel like the vehicle pulls a little bit harder during acceleration while already at speed (i.e. 60-100mph), but the difference isn't dramatic enough to rule out the placebo effect.

- Appearance: Hey, it looks sexy as hell. Some of us might not want to admit it, but aesthetics also matter.

Was it worth the money? As an OEM part it was overpriced, yes. Though it is nice that the high-flow air filter included with it is a lifetime, washable part. Overall I'm happy with the purchase!
Old 08-24-15, 08:39 AM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

you'll also notice better gas mileage as well
Old 02-03-16, 02:55 PM
harkirath
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So read this whole thread and still have the same question. Get the F Sport Performance Intake or just get the F Sport Filter and drop it in to the OEM box?
Old 02-03-16, 03:15 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

the answer to your question is yes, do what you want.
Old 02-03-16, 05:52 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CurtP
I just installed the F Sport Performance Intake on my 2015 IS 350, and overall I'd say it delivers on the mild-to-moderate, but still definitely noticeable improvements. My observations so far:

- Sound: Actually slightly quieter overall, but a nicer, deeper, less 'mechanical' sound. This intake doesn't have the intake sound generator that the stock one does, but the sound that rumbles through naturally sounds deep, smooth and honest.

- Throttle response: The most noticeable of all the improvements. While the ECU was adapting to the new intake, it was making upshifts too late because the engine would hit the limiter before the ECU would respond. After a few days of driving, it has adapted nicely and I enjoy how it has modestly improved the overall power / acceleration feeling.

- Power: Probably nothing too dramatic here. I do feel like the vehicle pulls a little bit harder during acceleration while already at speed (i.e. 60-100mph), but the difference isn't dramatic enough to rule out the placebo effect.

- Appearance: Hey, it looks sexy as hell. Some of us might not want to admit it, but aesthetics also matter.

Was it worth the money? As an OEM part it was overpriced, yes. Though it is nice that the high-flow air filter included with it is a lifetime, washable part. Overall I'm happy with the purchase!
Added midepipe and exhaust or header you'll feel more power..
Old 02-04-16, 09:22 AM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harkirath
So read this whole thread and still have the same question. Get the F Sport Performance Intake or just get the F Sport Filter and drop it in to the OEM box?
My plan was to drop the f sport filter in if i was to replace the inatke i would go after market lol
Old 02-04-16, 03:47 PM
harkirath
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by asiandavid
My plan was to drop the f sport filter in if i was to replace the inatke i would go after market lol
That's what I'm planning on doing. Makes the most sense I think
Old 02-04-16, 04:00 PM
asiandavid
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harkirath
That's what I'm planning on doing. Makes the most sense I think
Yeah idk about you guys but im not gonna spend 400+ on an oe box rather do 200+ on injen or greddy or even better 70+ for just the filter but to each their own
Old 02-04-16, 05:43 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

I got Afe Intake stage 2 and love it.
Old 03-06-16, 07:46 PM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before you buy this stuff. Search google for before and after dyno numbers. 300-400 bucks for something that gains nothing or 1 whp is not worth it at all.

Has anyone here dyno'd before and after on an intake?
Old 03-06-16, 11:38 PM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vivid101
Before you buy this stuff. Search google for before and after dyno numbers. 300-400 bucks for something that gains nothing or 1 whp is not worth it at all.

Has anyone here dyno'd before and after on an intake?
If it's short ram with no heat shield. You will lose HP power not gain.
Old 03-07-16, 05:21 AM
Vivid101
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MWIS350
If it's short ram with no heat shield. You will lose HP power not gain.
yep. unless the filter is routed down behind the bumper, it is nothing but hot air getting sucked into the engine.
Old 03-07-16, 09:12 AM
MWIS350
Lexus Champion

They need to make something like this with real heat shield for Lexus.

The following users liked this post:
Fsportme (12-08-16)

Quick Reply: F Sport Intake or Not?