Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 02:53 PM
Whitelex09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best intake?

Im looking to get a intake but i wanna know which will give me the most HP
Old 11-28-14, 11:39 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey,
When it comes to intakes, hp gain is minimal (same with exhausts). The companies advertise "x" amounts, but those tend to be quite generous, and even if they were accurate, you would hardly notice a 7hp increase.

That being said, I love my intake because of the sound that you can get out of it from under the hood. (It is significantly louder than the stock intake, and finally you can hear something from the outside).
I have the Takeda intake.
It is said to be one of the loudest of the bunch.
I would recommend browsing forum threads about these intakes as there are already many. Youtube videos don't always do justice but they can give you some idea (for sound, as hp gain is minimal if any)

Hope you find one you like.
Old 12-04-14, 10:14 AM
rparkzy
Driver

I believe the Joe Z intake has the best gains

I love my F-Sport though.

Like the previous poster has said intake has very minimal gains
Old 12-04-14, 10:45 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I notice that your in california. I went F-sport due the fact that it is carb legal and it is supported by Lexus itself.
Old 12-06-14, 09:04 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fsport

u get gainssssss and u get soundddddd
Old 12-07-14, 09:36 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

PPE has a new, true cold air intake. I replaced my F-Sport with it and I love it. F-Sport was nice, but the PPE one is definitely much better. Sounds amazing and during the colder months you can definitely notice the car breathing better.
Old 12-07-14, 09:43 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AZ JB
PPE has a new, true cold air intake. I replaced my F-Sport with it and I love it. F-Sport was nice, but the PPE one is definitely much better. Sounds amazing and during the colder months you can definitely notice the car breathing better.
it's not open to public yet is it? i emailed them a while back and asked about it and Paul said "We are working on a cold air intake. We can make it for you, but we do not have any dyno data yet. Estimated gains for it are 3-4whp. Is this something you would be interested in?"

Didn't ask for price though
Old 12-07-14, 12:33 PM
Re3iRtH
Driver

Originally Posted by reyoasian
it's not open to public yet is it? i emailed them a while back and asked about it and Paul said "We are working on a cold air intake. We can make it for you, but we do not have any dyno data yet. Estimated gains for it are 3-4whp. Is this something you would be interested in?"

How does that compare to gains for the Joe Z and F-sport?
Old 12-07-14, 11:10 PM
2bais
Driver School Candidate

someone just post arma intake....
Old 12-08-14, 05:37 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

You could be right. Last I heard he was ready to start building them for whoever wanted one.

Originally Posted by Re3iRtH
How does that compare to gains for the Joe Z and F-sport?
The hard part with measuring gains on any intake is that the car isn't moving when the dyno is done. Based on historical data, a true cold air intake produces more horsepower than a short ram air intake due to where the air is being received from and how it is typically colder than air in the immediate area of the engine.

I know Joe Z has a great quality product in his intake, and I had the F-Sport so I know it is good as well. With that being said, I am much happier with a real cold air intake. The sound is awesome and there is definitely a bit more power comparatively speaking.
Old 12-08-14, 01:44 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Paul @ PPE mentioned estimated gains of roughly 5whp but that's purely a guesstimate (no dyno results yet but as AZJB mentioned, car is not moving during these tests)
Also since the 2IS can't be tuned, we won't be able to maximize gains from a CAI
Old 12-08-14, 04:16 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Paul @ PPE mentioned estimated gains of roughly 5whp but that's purely a guesstimate (no dyno results yet but as AZJB mentioned, car is not moving during these tests)
Also since the 2IS can't be tuned, we won't be able to maximize gains from a CAI
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that we are able to use AFC's to maximize the potential output from a CAI. I have heard that people are successful when using these but I haven't been able to try one out yet. I think Apex-i and Greddy both have ones that work for our cars, but you would need the mods to maximize the benefits..?

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Also, thanks for posting the pics Rey
Old 02-22-15, 01:59 PM
Lexusboy4
Driver School Candidate

Fsport intake all day bro