Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need exaust system advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 05:37 PM
lee786
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation need exaust system advice

i need some professional and experienced advice and tips from my fellow cl members. as the title states i need some help with exhaust advice, especially with exhaust prices, whats fair and whats not. im seeing different prices for the same products and im not sure as to which to trust, when the price is to low it just seems to sketchy and also when its over standard price, its just ridiculous. im not worried about the money as i have already put 10k on my car in the first two months of getting it. i just want to know if the prices are what they should be. im looking at two exhaust systems. the hks high power and greddy spec elite. and also if anyone fellow cl members could direct me to some honest aftermarket parts websites it would be much appreciated.

07 lexus is250awd
Old 10-09-14, 07:26 PM
nikogio38
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lee786
i need some professional and experienced advice and tips from my fellow cl members. as the title states i need some help with exhaust advice, especially with exhaust prices, whats fair and whats not. im seeing different prices for the same products and im not sure as to which to trust, when the price is to low it just seems to sketchy and also when its over standard price, its just ridiculous. im not worried about the money as i have already put 10k on my car in the first two months of getting it. i just want to know if the prices are what they should be. im looking at two exhaust systems. the hks high power and greddy spec elite. and also if anyone fellow cl members could direct me to some honest aftermarket parts websites it would be much appreciated.

07 lexus is250awd
What do consider your standard price and sketchy price???
Old 10-09-14, 11:19 PM
lee786
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sketchy price, something that is priced lower than what its actually worth which is sketchy, and standard price where the product equals to the price, instead of the product costing double or triple than what its worth. theres many shops nowadays that use the quick cash grab scheme, i.e marking the product higher then the said price and dropping it back to retail price making it look like its a discount. or selling refurbished or repaired products, im very quality conscious. so in regards to that, i want to know between hks, tanabe, and greddy which is better and best to the last penny.
Old 11-05-14, 08:52 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 393 Likes on 170 Posts

it also depends if u like exhaust loud or quiet... i had Greddy SP Elite & HKS Hi-Power and HKS definitely made my Lexus feels faster and sounds bad as hell but it is also loud and also have the loudest drone, Greddy SP Elite on the hand is quiet and sounds like a louder Infiniti G, i felt power lost after installin the Greddy compared to the HKS..