Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is250 with the HKS S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-15, 05:15 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianIS250
quick question. did you receive your snow performance kit already?. if so do you use the boost juice that is already pre mixed or do you use windshield fluid and if you do what kind specifictly?. also are you still running on 5lbs of boost or are you at 7lbs of boost?. i plan on increasing boost to 7lbs what do you think?. will it run safe?.
I run Boost Juice with my snow performance stage 2 kit. Youll go through it kinda quick if you daily the car haha. Like i told you in PM, 7psi is fine to run, youll just need a smaller pulley size to up your boose.
Old 01-09-15, 07:33 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
I run Boost Juice with my snow performance stage 2 kit. Youll go through it kinda quick if you daily the car haha. Like i told you in PM, 7psi is fine to run, youll just need a smaller pulley size to up your boose.
Heyarms, is their a cheaper alternative?. Have you tried the windshield method? And what size pulley are you currently running on 7lbs boost?.
Old 01-09-15, 08:10 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Heyarms, is their a cheaper alternative?. Have you tried the windshield method? And what size pulley are you currently running on 7lbs boost?.
It feels wrong to cheap out and use windshield washer fluid, even if it is an alternative (I dont recall the comparison of effectiveness between the two; only blue washer fluid i THINK is compatible). I only use Bosst Juice from SP. I run a Procharger blower, my pulley size will not correspond with yours i dont believe, as your blower's internals arent identical to mine (along with a crank pulley that may be differet; you would have to calculate your pulley size or see if Arma knows by chance).
Old 01-09-15, 09:10 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Idk how you guys got an ARMA kit for 5k.....
I was quoted $7800 not including import and shipping fees.......
Old 01-09-15, 03:19 PM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
Idk how you guys got an ARMA kit for 5k.....
I was quoted $7800 not including import and shipping fees.......
What I've found out so far is sourcing the components independently of ARMA and finding a credible tuning shop where you live, and have them fabricate your piping/brackets/pulley set up.

I was tipped off by UtopiaBe about Underdog Racing, they sell the Rotrex C-30 94 for $2,095, which includes Rotrex oil reservoir, clamps, oil lines, a magnetic oil filter, Rortrex traction fluid, and a drive pulley.

http://urdusa.com/store/Forced-Induc...duct_info.html

You will need to source the intercooler, BOV, water/meth kit, which should cost you $1K.

I am sure there are many more components that I am missing, but this is a start.

Cheers!
HS
Old 01-10-15, 01:32 AM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
What I've found out so far is sourcing the components independently of ARMA and finding a credible tuning shop where you live, and have them fabricate your piping/brackets/pulley set up.

I was tipped off by UtopiaBe about Underdog Racing, they sell the Rotrex C-30 94 for $2,095, which includes Rotrex oil reservoir, clamps, oil lines, a magnetic oil filter, Rortrex traction fluid, and a drive pulley.

http://urdusa.com/store/Forced-Induc...duct_info.html

You will need to source the intercooler, BOV, water/meth kit, which should cost you $1K.

I am sure there are many more components that I am missing, but this is a start.

Cheers!
HS
Dont forget the most important part! the Mounting Bracket!
Old 01-10-15, 08:09 AM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UtopiaBe
Dont forget the most important part! the Mounting Bracket!
Haha yes, of course the mounting bracket. If I am right about to install this kit onto my car, and I don't have the mounting bracket, hopefully you will still have yours and you can sell em to me =D..

Cheers!
HS
Old 01-12-15, 01:48 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

It feels wrong to cheap out and use windshield washer fluid, even if it is an alternative (I dont recall the comparison of effectiveness between the two; only blue washer fluid i THINK is compatible). I only use Bosst Juice from SP. I run a Procharger blower, my pulley size will not correspond with yours i dont believe, as your blower's internals arent identical to mine (along with a crank pulley that may be differet; you would have to calculate your pulley size or see if Arma knows by chance).
I will probably just buy boost juice aswell. I spoke with arma and they told me that the pulley size was 100mm=3.28 inches, I asked them if I could run 7psi safely and they said yes but I am not sure?. Arma also commented that the supercharger was set at 0.4 + -0.5 bar. Should I go with a smaller pulley or is this size ok to set it at 7psi?.
Old 01-12-15, 06:11 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

I will probably just buy boost juice aswell. I spoke with arma and they told me that the pulley size was 100mm=3.28 inches, I asked them if I could run 7psi safely and they said yes but I am not sure?. Arma also commented that the supercharger was set at 0.4 + -0.5 bar. Should I go with a smaller pulley or is this size ok to set it at 7psi?.
What?

.4bar +/- .5bar? Or is is .4-.5bar? Being that .5bar is a little over 7psi as is, you dont need a different pulley. You also dont "set" a supercharger to a certain output; centrifugal superchargers (and roots style) are belt driven. The output is derrived from the RPM's achieved from the larger crank pulley spinning the superchargers pulley and the supercahrgers internal "step-up".
Old 01-12-15, 07:13 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

What?

.4bar +/- .5bar? Or is is .4-.5bar? Being that .5bar is a little over 7psi as is, you dont need a different pulley. You also dont "set" a supercharger to a certain output; centrifugal superchargers (and roots style) are belt driven. The output is derrived from the RPM's achieved from the larger crank pulley spinning the superchargers pulley and the supercahrgers internal "step-up".
Arma gave me these numbers 0.4 + -0.5 bar but I think it's how you are saying .4bar+/-.5bar. Arma assured that it would work with 7psi safely so I guess I will not need any thing else. Will start building it all soon!!!
Old 01-12-15, 10:01 PM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Arma gave me these numbers 0.4 + -0.5 bar but I think it's how you are saying .4bar+/-.5bar. Arma assured that it would work with 7psi safely so I guess I will not need any thing else. Will start building it all soon!!!
What Rotrex charger you got? the C30-94 or C38 ???
Old 01-13-15, 12:29 AM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by UtopiaBe
What Rotrex charger you got? the C30-94 or C38 ???
i received the Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger!
Old 01-13-15, 07:05 AM
leg3ndary
Pole Position

i received the Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger!
Start a build thread and keep us posted! I look forward to seeing the results.

How much is your all-in cost, including install/tuning?
Old 01-15-15, 06:34 PM
BrianIS250
Rookie

Originally Posted by leg3ndary
Start a build thread and keep us posted! I look forward to seeing the results.

How much is your all-in cost, including install/tuning?
yup, will start a new thread soon and have all the info there.
Old 01-18-15, 09:43 PM
UtopiaBe
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Altezzack
the tuned and me really can't believe the result ,But after we been try out more then 4 time , the result is the same.

So this HKS S/C kit add another 110.7HP at 0.5 bar and 125.4HP at 0.8bar..do your believe it?
i may go to other shop and dyno again see any difference ..

But one think i need to mention again ,we can't boost more then 0.6 bar, this is not safe as the ecu can't support the fuel after 0.6bar .sorry for the information i given last time ,as today dyno ,i have see the A/F @ 0.8bar is on 15 to15.8 ..this is dangerous , and i have lower the boost.
SO what boost you run now ?:P i need to know! going to change my pulley!

Quick Reply: Is250 with the HKS S/C questions