Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is250 with the HKS S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-14, 04:06 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Congrats on the install. Is that intercooler big enough?! haha how's it driving? Enjoying the new power?
it was really fun to drive and very power full ,but I am very confirm that this kit given 0.8bar boost on my car ,it was a little bit danger on our 12.1 compression ..the project haven complex , have been order the snow performance water injection as a safety to high boost..by the way our stock ECU can support the the boost or not...the answer is yes..I have airflow monitor on my car..when the car run in low rpm ,the airflow is around 14.3 to 14.7,after the boost start,the car magically add the petrol ...when 0.5 bar,I have a airflow on 12.5 to 12 , when 0.8 bar ,have even only 11 .1 airflow...it was awesome..

Last edited by Altezzack; 09-20-14 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-20-14, 04:49 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Exactly what I was going to say! That core will be good enough for 700+whp!

I assume that oil cooler is for the fluids running through the S/C unit itself?

I see your oil catch can there; good work!

Any thought to removing that intake box and getting a modified short ram intake on there?
Thank mate,I never think to remove the intake box and modified to open port intake.if will make your car getting more hot air and slow down the response .And yes,that oil cooler is for the s/c itself ,it same like the Rotrex Self-Contained Oiling System and that oil catch you see in the photo is the hks Oil Reservoir . I really can't find the place to install the oil catch tank..haha

Last edited by Altezzack; 09-20-14 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-20-14, 04:58 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shanksmoon
Great job! I want to see where you can source that kit in North America. Although I still do really enjoy my n/a engine.
Thank, I buy the kit in Malaysia ,May be you can try to ask the HKS USA to get the quota,Trust me .You must not retreat after you install the s/c kit.
Old 09-20-14, 06:34 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh wow, you're running 0.8bar?? It has always been said anything over around 7psi gets dangerous. Just a heads up, but if you're monitoring air fuel ratios and it looks good... That makes me want to up my boost haha
Old 09-20-14, 07:05 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, nice kit and nice job getting it installed quickly. Let us know how it rides and post a video if you can.
Old 09-20-14, 11:29 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Oh wow, you're running 0.8bar?? It has always been said anything over around 7psi gets dangerous. Just a heads up, but if you're monitoring air fuel ratios and it looks good... That makes me want to up my boost haha
Haha, to be afraid after know that running on 0.8bar not 0.5bar , have any one here boost more then 0.5bar ? it running fine after two day drive on the Road. .will keep continual monitor,and you sould do that ,please up your boost as it was really fun after 0.5 bar..hehe
But if no one boost more then 0.5bar over here,then I may reduce it until 0.5bar for safe , I believe that kit come with a small toy look like a air stopper or air reducer( I don't know how to call the name) it can less the boost until 0.5bar,..will go dyno next week and see.

Last edited by Altezzack; 09-20-14 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-20-14, 11:47 AM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Wow, nice kit and nice job getting it installed quickly. Let us know how it rides and post a video if you can.
Thank ,it take around 1day to complete ,is likely simple job as the kit come with all the bracket and ever thin you need..I not sure how to post the video over here,I will try it.
Old 09-20-14, 11:29 PM
jrule2
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Holy crap.. 0.8bar..

Are you running a wideband to keep an eye on your air/fuel ratio?

Would be very interested to see some dyno numbers for this setup!
Old 09-21-14, 11:53 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Yes, in one of the posts he listed the A/F ratios he was seeing while driving. Seems like you've got good A/F ratios there!

With the motor's safety in mind, perhaps dialing it back to just .5 bar until you have installed the meth kit would be a good idea.
Old 09-21-14, 01:35 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

I'm really curious if we can handle over 7.5psi safely. I've hit 8.2psi before after over tensioning the pulley and it was feeling great, but I STILL have not gotten my wideband installed. If your air fuel ratios are good, get it dyno'ed. I might end up throwing a smaller pulley on mine to up the boost when I swap my blower belt now
Old 09-21-14, 09:32 PM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Yes ,i have the OBD2 monitor in the car ,so i can monitor all the data and even fault codes,water temp ,air temp,intake air temp..etc.
However,i have some problem now , when I step hard on the throttle and the engine revs and s/c boosts up 0.6 to 0.7 in a sec , engine knocking happened (rattling sound) , it only happen when suddenly hard-accelerating and the boost is climbing rapidly , The funny thing is ,it not always occur when i do that ,until today i have 2 time this problem .By the way When I'm on normal drive and boosting at .8 bar it seems to be okay.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is it because there need to add extra fuel inject or tried retarded the ignition timing ?
Now i am using RON95 petrol and will changer to RON97 petrol see whether any improve or not .

Last edited by Altezzack; 09-22-14 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-21-14, 11:09 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

That rattling sound could be your cam gear seal or maybe your waterpump bearings. Make a video and post it. Hopefully, its not engine knocking....
Old 09-22-14, 12:40 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Altezzack
Yes ,i have the OBD2 monitor in the car ,so i can monitor all the data and even fault codes,water temp ,air temp,intake air temp..etc.
However,i have some problem now , when I step hard on the throttle and the engine revs and s/c boosts up 0.6 to 0.7 in a sec , engine knocking happened (rattling sound) , it only happen when suddenly hard-accelerating and the boost is climbing rapidly , The funny thing is ,it not always occur when i do that ,until today i have 2 time this problem .By the way When I'm on normal drive and boosting at .8 bar it seems to be okay.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Is it because there need to add extra fuel inject or tried retarded the ignition timing ?
Now i am using RON95 petrol and will changer to RON97 petrol see whether any improve or not .
Hmmm so engine knocking/noise when hard acceleration but no check engine light? The few times people have had engine knock with boost, it usually gave a check engine light to confirm.
Old 09-24-14, 11:05 PM
Altezzack
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm so engine knocking/noise when hard acceleration but no check engine light? The few times people have had engine knock with boost, it usually gave a check engine light to confirm.
Yes, when the knocking happening ,no check engine warning light come up.
But i have been solve the problem, after use the high Octane fuel , knocking not happen again .
Old 09-25-14, 05:01 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Altezzack
Yes, when the knocking happening ,no check engine warning light come up.
But i have been solve the problem, after use the high Octane fuel , knocking not happen again .
you are really tempting me to up my boost. how many miles have you driven with it boosted now? I'm really shocked that your car seems to handle that high of boost.

Quick Reply: Is250 with the HKS S/C questions