Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I think I found my dream exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-14, 12:04 AM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think I found my dream exhaust setup

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dA55WocKJKA

It says dual cutouts, befor the resonators maybe? Iv heard the ppe headers on a gs before and it didn't sound very much different then my gs400 with straight pipes, just louder. Is it the X pipe that makes it sound like that? Or the test pipes? I like my exhaust but it sounds very "clap" like during WOT. I wish he had a picture of his exhaust setup. And can anyone tell me what are test pipes and where they are usually installed on the exhaust?

Last edited by gsean400; 09-05-14 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-05-14, 04:04 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

that sounds really good...
Old 09-05-14, 07:08 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For you lazy lurkers!

Old 09-05-14, 07:11 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

It sounds great. He has the Serial Nine body kit too +1 for more information about the setup
Old 09-05-14, 08:44 AM
Nohawk Lex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. I wonder how it sounds when in freeway speeds.
Old 09-05-14, 11:51 AM
DosyBoy
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That's nasty!!!!
Old 09-05-14, 12:03 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Received 177 Likes on 149 Posts
Default .

I still dont understand why anyone would take a LUXURY REFINED QUIET car and slap a loud mouth exhaust on it when Lexus already spent millions and millions on making the car as quiet as possible while still sounding like it has power. If you want a car that sounds loud you shouldn't even be in a LEX GS in the first place, get some american muscle lol. The GS is so quiet when its idling you can hardly tell if the car is even on sometimes. My boy who drives a newer honda accord got in the driver seat and had to ask, is the car already on? I cant hear anything. You cant say the same about many cars.
Old 09-05-14, 12:16 PM
PTYGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DMPesso
I still dont understand why anyone would take a LUXURY REFINED QUIET car and slap a loud mouth exhaust on it when Lexus already spent millions and millions on making the car as quiet as possible while still sounding like it has power. If you want a car that sounds loud you shouldn't even be in a LEX GS in the first place, get some american muscle lol. The GS is so quiet when its idling you can hardly tell if the car is even on sometimes. My boy who drives a newer honda accord got in the driver seat and had to ask, is the car already on? I cant hear anything. You cant say the same about many cars.
+1
Old 09-05-14, 12:29 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

so hit "back"
Old 09-05-14, 02:32 PM
gsean400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well its nice you think the GS is perfect in its stock form... But most of us don't have the funds to design a car to our needs and put it into production. To my belief, that is why "Mods" were created. Me personally Im not a fan of body mods (besides wheels) but I'm sure most of on here that are heavily modded look at it as a way to enhance the vehicles features rather then "ruin" what lexus spent millions on. Just my opinion but I think mods make sense. Not even gt500s come with "loud mouth exhausts" literally lol pun intended
Old 09-06-14, 05:52 PM
bonesnj0
Rookie

Purrs like a Kitten stings like a bee!
I wish mine was a little louder too!
But I also understand the car was designed that way and it would be a real OIA to tune a complete louder new exhaust sys.
Old 09-06-14, 05:57 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

curious to hear what kind of numbers that GS 400 is putting down with all that port and polish work. could be another alternative instead of boost if the end result is close to 400hp.
Old 09-07-14, 11:41 PM
DzaztrBUSE
Lexus Test Driver

When the GS debuted in 98 it was one of the fastest sedans around. Its safe to say that the GS if a performance oriented sedan. If your perception of what a lux sedan should be then we wouldn't hear a Mercedes E63, S63, BMW B7, M5 etc. howling in the streets. 12 yrs w my car and I love how it sounds at WOT. No need to understand why we'd want our cars a certain way, maybe simply understand that its different strokes for different folks. Want to know what I really dont understand? Socks and sandals.