1/4 mile result is350 2009 - Page 2 - Club Lexus Forums


1/4 mile result is350 2009

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-14, 12:35 PM   #16
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Gville350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,794
Default

It has been widely stated on CL here that you should be using normal mode, and I believe one of the reasons is because it hangs out the revs a little bit more than in PWR mode. Remember, PWR mode doesn't give your motor any more power; it simply just plays with the throttle response AND trans shift timing.

The best time in my sig was in NORMAL mode.

The only time I tried PWR mode was in the middle of summer on back-to-back runs. Times were minutely different; could have just been from heat-soak though.
Gville350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-14, 07:31 PM   #17
badx33
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (53)
 
badx33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: carbon F, Fl
Posts: 2,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gville350 View Post
It has been widely stated on CL here that you should be using normal mode, and I believe one of the reasons is because it hangs out the revs a little bit more than in PWR mode. Remember, PWR mode doesn't give your motor any more power; it simply just plays with the throttle response AND trans shift timing.

The best time in my sig was in NORMAL mode.

The only time I tried PWR mode was in the middle of summer on back-to-back runs. Times were minutely different; could have just been from heat-soak though.
Id like to run you from a 40 roll…lol
badx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 08:46 AM   #18
Smashin
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus316 View Post
Except for reaction time!!!

Like if i was sleeping on the light
Yea but your overall end result is nice I dont know how heavy your 19''s are but you should do better with lighter wheels/tire... I have a nitrous kit waiting to find some time to install...
Smashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 11:23 AM   #19
lexus316
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: quebec, canada
Posts: 163
Default

I dont know the weight of my 19 wheels but they seems lighter.

But ive tried with my oem 18 wheels and did not do better ( 13.49)
lexus316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-14, 12:31 PM   #20
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Gville350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badx33 View Post
Id like to run you from a 40 roll…lol
I-85 @ 5:45pm in Greenville, SC; you'll find me there. LOL!
Gville350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 07:28 AM   #21
Smashin
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus316 View Post
I dont know the weight of my 19 wheels but they seems lighter.

But ive tried with my oem 18 wheels and did not do better ( 13.49)
I have the Fsport forged 19's and ran a 13.8@102.xx full weight and full tank in very hot and humid weather. Im looking to get some of the lower times a few members here has ran before I put on the spray
Smashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 10:18 AM   #22
lexus316
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: quebec, canada
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashin View Post
I have the Fsport forged 19's and ran a 13.8@1
02.xx full weight and full tank in very hot and humid weather. Im looking to get some of the lower times a few members here has ran before I put on the spray
Ok good

I was very low in gaz with full interior.

How many hp are your nitrous shot?
lexus316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 06:08 AM   #23
Smashin
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus316 View Post
Ok good

I was very low in gaz with full interior.

How many hp are your nitrous shot?
It'll be 80 shot wet... I would like to go back to the track in the fall when its cooler and have about 1/4 gas tank, some weight reduction and lower my tire pressue and see what it can do then... After that I'll make a pass with the purple bottle and see the end results
Smashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 08:26 PM   #24
lexus316
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: quebec, canada
Posts: 163
Default

again

0-60 : 1.97
1/8 : 8.65
1/4 : 13.44 @103.20

power mode
lexus316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-14, 11:44 PM   #25
idoke1
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
idoke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Posts: 919
Default

^^Awesome times. You really did good 60 foot times. I'm still trying to beat my best 60 foot time @ 2.2
idoke1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 11:34 AM   #26
Gville350
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Gville350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,794
Default

I was able to get a 1.99 60ft ONCE, but that pass wasn't even as fast as the one in my sig. I shallow stage, so that might be why I've not netted lower times. This is habit from have a boosted car that liked to creep with the rear parking brake on while building boost.

^Of course there are ALOT of factors that go in the 60ft times; but the main things are :

1) track prep - you really don't have much say in the matter, unless they allow VHT (doubtful)
2) lower rear tire psi to 28-30 psi and lower the rear dampers to 6-8 clicks (if able) for better hook-up off the line
3) avoid the water box - pretty simple, drive around it if at all possible
4) DO NOT do a burnout
5) In-between the water box and the line, romp on the gas a couple of times...just to remove any dust/debris from the tires. If you're already spinning the tires here, then the track prep is crap.
6) Deep stage for better 60ft times.

The MOST important thing...HAVE FUN!
Gville350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-14, 11:49 AM   #27
lexus316
Driver
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: quebec, canada
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoke1 View Post
^^Awesome times. You really did good 60 foot times. I'm still trying to beat my best 60 foot time @ 2.2
I think your car is spinning at the start.
You have to try your car when there is glue on the track.

At 1.97 not any spinning at the start.

I race my car wednesday and they dont put any glue on the track during the week
And i was making 60 foot of 2.15-2.10 1/4 : 13.75

During the weekend with a prepared track always around 2.00 like a clock
lexus316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-14, 08:15 AM   #28
Smashin
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus316 View Post
again

0-60 : 1.97
1/8 : 8.65
1/4 : 13.44 @103.20

power mode
Thats nice!
Smashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 10:57 AM   #29
idoke1
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (4)
 
idoke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Posts: 919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus316 View Post
I think your car is spinning at the start.
You have to try your car when there is glue on the track.

At 1.97 not any spinning at the start.

I race my car wednesday and they dont put any glue on the track during the week
And i was making 60 foot of 2.15-2.10 1/4 : 13.75

During the weekend with a prepared track always around 2.00 like a clock
Yes, my car spins its tires bad. I even have the PSS tires and it still spins. I even tried it without brake torquing and the tires keep spinning. I think I need to warm up my tires properly so I can get the traction.
idoke1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 07:19 AM   #30
amw896
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 74
Default

Does anyone have any 350 awd times? Mine feels pretty fast but I don't know about "this" kind of fast lol.
amw896 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got into an accident colin415 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 20 07-02-16 03:48 AM
CA ** Clean GFM 2007 IS250 92,845 miles ** zerverize Lexus Vehicles Classifieds 2 06-12-16 02:15 PM
Some Of My Pics From NJ M&G TheAzn NELOC 6 04-15-15 11:15 AM
Black Grill / Graphite headlight Chrome LEXJG GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) 12 02-11-15 01:01 PM
Restoring Headlights to Like New Condition - No kit allowed xtr3me LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 54 02-02-15 10:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved