Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 08:46 PM
dairon2180
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help

Hello guys, I have read many post here and I am still undecided, I was looking for an axleback exhausted for my is350. I see many using joesz and ive heard of ark I think. I had a 2011 is250 and I installed a HKS and it sounded sweet but the cabin drone would kill me at 80mph and I had to either go at 60 or 90. Point of the story I want a more aggressive sound but I do not want the drone on highway. Any comments please
Old 07-21-14, 10:01 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

You aren't going to be getting to much drone with the axle-backs. If a deeper tone is all you want and want the cabin to continue to be as quiet as possible, F-Sport exhaust is for you. JoeZ has an axle-back exhaust as well as cat-back. Ark is cat-back but has dual stage resonators which help in the cabin drone category. From the sounds of it though, the F-Sport exhaust is exactly what you want.
Old 07-22-14, 01:00 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Definitely go for the f-sport. The other two, from what I've heard, will drone. One less than the other, but they all do. I personally can't stand the drone around 80 mph, but at the same time I like the sound otherwise. One solution is to just drive in 7th gear, but that might not be feasible for most.
Old 07-22-14, 04:48 AM
hades281
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drone

I've been hoping to hear an IS350 in person with the Fsport exhaust. Low note with no drone is exactly what I'm after too.
Old 07-22-14, 07:45 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget there is the magnaflow axleback that can be had for about $670 shipped. Comes with a lifetime warranty and the soundclips are found in the first page of this forum. I dont notice drone.

Mike
Old 07-23-14, 06:46 AM
dairon2180
Driver School Candidate

Tanks guys for all the comments I was looking at the fsport, but people say it barely sounds after certain rpms, there was a guy in Craigslist the had it for 1000 and still is a bit too expensive, I think lexus should make the fsport models with the fsport intake and exhaust and make sportier than just having an appearance, dont u guys think?
Old 07-23-14, 08:23 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dairon2180
Tanks guys for all the comments I was looking at the fsport, but people say it barely sounds after certain rpms, there was a guy in Craigslist the had it for 1000 and still is a bit too expensive, I think lexus should make the fsport models with the fsport intake and exhaust and make sportier than just having an appearance, dont u guys think?
Get the F-Sport exhaust paired with the Greddy Intake.
Old 07-23-14, 06:16 PM
SCSurf
Driver

Originally Posted by dairon2180
I agree! Too bad it's a business and anyway they can take more of your money, they will.
Old 07-24-14, 09:31 PM
dairon2180
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
F sport is a nice exhaust, but I just purchased for 1035 new from dealer...
Unfortunately thats out of my budget as right now, lets see if someone gets rid of it and I can get a hold to someone used. Thanks for the advice to everyone.
Old 07-24-14, 11:18 PM
forum429
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Then go with Invidia or Joe Z or ARK.
They cost about half.
Old 07-25-14, 05:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i took a trip with my full JoeZ system, not much drone. I had my stereo at 25-30 volume.
Old 07-30-14, 07:57 AM
306Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly man, do what I did and go to an exhaust shop and get the mufflers removed, add piping and new tips and enjoy exhaust that sounds amazing, tasteful, yet with a touch of aggression. And take the extra cash you saved and put it into more mods. The 350 with muffler delete is the way to go, dont let people who did it to their 250 discourage you because theirs sounded bad. If you wanna fly out to Saskatchewan I will take ya for a ride but I think that would offset the cost savings of not getting the Name brand axle back haha
Old 07-31-14, 05:25 AM
jnjmatts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 306Lexus
Honestly man, do what I did and go to an exhaust shop and get the mufflers removed, add piping and new tips and enjoy exhaust that sounds amazing, tasteful, yet with a touch of aggression. And take the extra cash you saved and put it into more mods. The 350 with muffler delete is the way to go, dont let people who did it to their 250 discourage you because theirs sounded bad. If you wanna fly out to Saskatchewan I will take ya for a ride but I think that would offset the cost savings of not getting the Name brand axle back haha
Where in Sask are you and where did you get your exhaust done?
Old 07-31-14, 07:17 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Don't forget there is the magnaflow axleback that can be had for about $670 shipped. Comes with a lifetime warranty and the soundclips are found in the first page of this forum. I dont notice drone.

Mike
This. 4 bolts and some wiggling and perfect fit/sound for this type of car.
Old 07-31-14, 07:41 AM
306Lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnjmatts
Where in Sask are you and where did you get your exhaust done?
In Saskatoon, what about you? I had the work done at Competition Muffler

Quick Reply: exhaust help