Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

IS 250 F Sport Ultrasonic Blue, Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 05:50 PM
drogov4122
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 250 F Sport Ultrasonic Blue, Need Help!

First of all, I have a 2012 Lexus IS 250 F Sport with 23k miles. I like this car even the speed is not as what I thought it would be. Oh well, it's a Lexus not a hemi. I, however, had few questions. Does the F sport model have the F sport intake and exhaust already or it's just the body kit and the suspension that is different from the regular IS 250. I wanted to start investing money in some mods but I am not sure what mods are in the F sport worth keeping.

Thank You,
Old 07-02-14, 07:47 PM
Set50
Rookie

Originally Posted by drogov4122
First of all, I have a 2012 Lexus IS 250 F Sport with 23k miles. I like this car even the speed is not as what I thought it would be. Oh well, it's a Lexus not a hemi. I, however, had few questions. Does the F sport model have the F sport intake and exhaust already or it's just the body kit and the suspension that is different from the regular IS 250. I wanted to start investing money in some mods but I am not sure what mods are in the F sport worth keeping.

Thank You,
There is a difference between the Factory F-Sport Package and F-Sport Accessory Line Packages. You can view this YouTube video as a reference:

F sport intake and exhaust do not come from factory, you have to purchase them separately. Can refer to below link for parts purchase:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S250-2012.html
Old 07-09-14, 04:02 PM
cdo221
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tam350G
There is a difference between the Factory F-Sport Package and F-Sport Accessory Line Packages. You can view this YouTube video as a reference:

F sport intake and exhaust do not come from factory, you have to purchase them separately. Can refer to below link for parts purchase:

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S250-2012.html
From that video, it looks like the springs and sway bars are definitely not in the F Sport factory package. Didn't notice him talk about the shocks either,are those also not part of the F Sport factory package and needs to be bought from Sewell (or other Lexus dealrs)?
Old 07-10-14, 09:35 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Hi Drogov4122
Welcome to CL! In regards to the exhaust and intake, they are the same as the stock model. Yes you are correct, it is basically the stiffer sport suspension (not f-sport), microfiber/leather sport interior seating, perforated f-sport steering wheel, f-sport steering ecu (different feel & response from stock). f-sport staggered wheels, f-sport rear spoiler, f-sport front lips, and blue silver trim.

the f-sport is a very good handling model and can still be moded to have f-sport suspension and up (to answer your ? cdo221)

As for upgrades check out is.sewell.com they are a good source and if you register with your CL name you get discount pricing. Most people here start out with the suspension like sway bars, shocks springs coilovers, and then intake and exhaust.

If you are looking for a real Cold Air Intake for our car, this is the only one made>> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-true-cai.html
Most of the other intakes for our car is a short ram intake that gets in trouble with heat soak, so in TX thats one thing you dont want your car sucking in.
As for exhaust there are a lot of types to look for so look around to see what you like on this forum and online. Youtube is your best source to see their differences.