Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

k&n intake, for gs430?

Old 06-17-14, 06:12 AM   #1
Behemoth7
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default k&n intake, for gs430?

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been discussed, but would I be able to fit the k&n intake meant for the gs400 on the gs430? Has anyone tried this? I'd really like something with a heat shield and all the intakes I've seen for the gs430 don't have them.

Thanks!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Behemoth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 06:13 AM   #2
1QWKGS4
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

Should be the same, go for it..

1999 GS400 -- Alpine Silver// Tom's Racing Front, Veilside Skirts & Rear // 20" wheels // Tein CS v2 Coilovers // Daizen Sways // TRD-STB / Dragon TC // Torsen 3.76 LSD // Borla SS Exhaust //
2005 GS430 -- Crystal Pearl // ML // NAV // Hardwired V1 // Custom Ipod-Sirius // Blitz Throttle Controller // Ultra-STB // -- (1 of 422 GS430's produced in '05)
Past cars: '11 IS350 / '08 G35S / '05 LS430 UL / '04 & '06 G35 Coupe / '02 IS300 / '98 C5 Corvette / '96 Trans am / '98 Maxima SE //
1QWKGS4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-14, 06:25 AM   #3
Behemoth7
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4 View Post
Should be the same, go for it..
I see you own both... Have you ever installed aftermarket intakes and did they look the same?
Old 06-17-14, 10:51 PM   #4
NorthStyle
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (13)

The [discontinued] RMM and SRT intakes for the GS430 both have heatshields that come with them. As for cross-fitting, it's been said that they don't since the MAF sensors/plugs/whatever are different between the GS400 and GS430.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 06:44 AM   #5
Behemoth7
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
The [discontinued] RMM and SRT intakes for the GS430 both have heatshields that come with them. As for cross-fitting, it's been said that they don't since the MAF sensors/plugs/whatever are different between the GS400 and GS430.
I was considering the SRT intake as like everyone else, i've heard a lot about them. I'm just worried about the effect it will have on my ECU. I really don't want to have to be resetting the ECU all the time, I just want something I can throw in there and forget about(except for cleaning the filter).

However, if there was a way around that, I would probably go for it because I wouldn't mind an extra 20hp and that kick *** sound
Old 06-18-14, 07:38 AM   #6
NorthStyle
Lead Lap

With the SRT, it comes with a piggyback of sorts that you splice into the ECU. However, you shouldn't need to reset the ECU with the exception of when its first installed.
Old 06-18-14, 03:30 PM   #7
Behemoth7
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
With the SRT, it comes with a piggyback of sorts that you splice into the ECU. However, you shouldn't need to reset the ECU with the exception of when its first installed.
Oh really? I heard that you had to reset it every few months because the ECU was the learning type. If that's not the case, then I'll definitely be getting the SRT intake.

Do they include full instructions on how to do the splicing? I'm not that good with wires and electrical components
Old 06-18-14, 09:58 PM   #8
NorthStyle
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth7 View Post
Oh really? I heard that you had to reset it every few months because the ECU was the learning type. If that's not the case, then I'll definitely be getting the SRT intake.

Do they include full instructions on how to do the splicing? I'm not that good with wires and electrical components
Hmmm... I've never heard that, although I could be mistaken.

Not too sure if they include instructions as I have the RMM... although I have seen a DIY here, so there's instructions on the site just in case. Also, another member just posted his in the Classifieds for pretty cheap; might want to jump on it.
Old 06-21-14, 07:41 PM   #9
RPMGraphic
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth7 View Post

i just posted my used SRT intake for sale, with the ECU & sensors.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/1gen...ake-w-ecu.html
RPMGraphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-14, 07:41 PM