Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 04:01 PM
simon3huna
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the ARK. i have it on and i love it.
Old 01-15-15, 04:06 PM
TRACK3DiS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bucanero
Who cares about dynos anywho? If you are really concerned about horsepower and making your car a tuner, you shouldn't have picked a Lexus IS. I find it somewhat laughable seeing GTHaus exhausts on IS250's... The loudest possible exhaust for one of Lexus's slowest cars. Cool I guess. If that's what you like. And that is EXACTLY what this platform is for all of us, a personal preference crap. Like a shiny tube in your engine? Get an injen intake! Want track quality brakes when the car will probably never see a track? Get some brembo rotors and calipers! Want to sound a little louder? Get an exhaust! Get an exhaust that has the tone you like! Because there is going to be close to no difference which catback you decide to go for as far as "performance" is concerned. Just take tone and price into consideration and worry not about dyno's. Trust me, you will be a much happier Lexus IS owner.
I completely agree with Megaman. I also care about power. Maybe you have an IS250, so you're right, that car is very slow and is pointless to have an exhaust other than sound.

I have the IS350 F-Sport and this car has ***** and handles excellent. This car will be seeing regular track days at Willow Springs starting next month, and there is a lot more power potential if you pick the right parts.

Joe-Z's exhaust adds on average 10whp and up to 14wtq which already makes a difference in the cars response and feel. Pair this with a good intake and something like PPE headers and the Vivid Racing Chip, you're looking at 40-50 more hp to the wheels just off of bolt-ons which will make a HUGE difference.

The reality is, Lexus has finally built a legitamate sports sedan that is not just a boring sensible luxury sedan anymore. They're finally trying to tap into the sports market that BMW has had on lock for so long, and proof is showing with the RC and the new GS-F coming.

I'm really excited to see what kind of aftermarket support will come with time as more people like myself start to realize the potential these 3IS's have to offer.
Old 01-15-15, 04:19 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRACK3DiS
I completely agree with Megaman. I also care about power. Maybe you have an IS250, so you're right, that car is very slow and is pointless to have an exhaust other than sound.

I have the IS350 F-Sport and this car has ***** and handles excellent. This car will be seeing regular track days at Willow Springs starting next month, and there is a lot more power potential if you pick the right parts.

Joe-Z's exhaust adds on average 10whp and up to 14wtq which already makes a difference in the cars response and feel. Pair this with a good intake and something like PPE headers and the Vivid Racing Chip, you're looking at 40-50 more hp to the wheels just off of bolt-ons which will make a HUGE difference.

The reality is, Lexus has finally built a legitamate sports sedan that is not just a boring sensible luxury sedan anymore. They're finally trying to tap into the sports market that BMW has had on lock for so long, and proof is showing with the RC and the new GS-F coming.

I'm really excited to see what kind of aftermarket support will come with time as more people like myself start to realize the potential these 3IS's have to offer.
I think the jury is still out on the Vivid Racing Chip....................................
Old 01-15-15, 04:38 PM
TRACK3DiS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Larry96815
I think the jury is still out on the Vivid Racing Chip....................................
My buddy at VF Engineering recommended it to me since there's no way to do a stand alone tune yet. Have you heard anything bad about it/has anyone on here tried it yet?

I've just seen that 2IS 350 on the Dyno and it had good results.
Old 01-15-15, 05:54 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

My buddy at VF Engineering recommended it to me since there's no way to do a stand alone tune yet. Have you heard anything bad about it/has anyone on here tried it yet?

I've just seen that 2IS 350 on the Dyno and it had good results.
If you search around, Ive read all the reviews. IS / GS / IS-F the chip has been BS. In some cases people have dyno'd before and after and actually LOST power. STAY AWAY!!

If you are daring and have the funds, you can get an Apexi NEO or old AFC and get a custom tune. Its worked for the older GS's yet I don't think anyone is going to take a full warranty and splice a wiring harness for the ECU
Old 01-28-15, 09:49 PM
TRACK3DiS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JB5674
If you search around, Ive read all the reviews. IS / GS / IS-F the chip has been BS. In some cases people have dyno'd before and after and actually LOST power. STAY AWAY!!

If you are daring and have the funds, you can get an Apexi NEO or old AFC and get a custom tune. Its worked for the older GS's yet I don't think anyone is going to take a full warranty and splice a wiring harness for the ECU
Good lookin out man, I read up more on this and man, this seems like 1 very expensive gimmick. Bummer.

I really hope the demand grows enough to get some more performance support for this car; it's sad how few options we have to work with.
Old 01-29-15, 11:59 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might get 50whp out of this car if you could do a proper tune with cams, header, full exhaust and forget an intake. It has a cold air intake from factory. In reality you'd probably need to go FI for those kinds of gains. Since you cannot do this because no one has an actual tune for this car you are stuck with exhaust only. You may be able to get 10 or 15hp with a catback and maybe 25hp with headers and catback but that is it for now.

In my experiences the only thing this car needs at the track is a square tire setup and a transmission oil cooler. It pushes like hell and the tranny will go into safe mode but everything else works great for track duty.

Mike
Old 02-19-15, 02:21 PM
Ecko508
Driver

Where's the full catback for the AWD joe z?? Also where are you guys buying the Joe z stuff from?
Old 02-19-15, 09:54 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecko508
Where's the full catback for the AWD joe z?? Also where are you guys buying the Joe z stuff from?
check out this thread it has the group buy info, it should be out very soon. They were making the x pipes last I heard

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...for-awd-4.html
Old 03-24-15, 05:21 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I was searching around and ARK seems to be not a true dual exhuast, while JoeZ is?

I went to the Ark site and it stated that this grip exhaust is dual for the G35: http://www.arkperformance.com/Infini...1103-0207g.htm
But on the IS350: http://www.arkperformance.com/Lexus-...1500-0214g.htm

There shouldn't be any much power differences but just wanted to know.

Last edited by drbazing; 03-24-15 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-24-15, 06:40 PM
Ecko508
Driver

I have the ARK and all I can say is wow! Sounds amazing!!! Has an exotic car sound words can't even describe!
Old 03-25-15, 09:45 AM
i2fat
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the ARK Exhaust and its wonderful.

Has anyone tried to put the Aimgain Type 2 rear diffuser with this exhaust? Would it be easy to cut the tips and weld on the Aimgain ones?
Old 04-01-15, 08:42 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since this is the Joe Z vs Arc exhaust thread, I did not see any comment on the tone differences. I was wondering if the Arc exhaust sounded more "ricey." From what I could hear from some youtube vids it sounded a little higher in the upper RPMs. I'd like to get a loud deep sounding exhaust but nothing ricey since I'm not driving a 4-cylinder FT86 lol.

For my other question, is the Joe Z deeper in sound or is the Arc deeper in sound? I've read some comments on Joe Z but haven't heard or found his product site yet. Any input would be great guys! And Thanks
Old 04-01-15, 08:46 AM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO, they sound the same, if not, then similar.
Old 04-01-15, 01:36 PM
Alant514
Driver

Originally Posted by shirosan
Since this is the Joe Z vs Arc exhaust thread, I did not see any comment on the tone differences. I was wondering if the Arc exhaust sounded more "ricey." From what I could hear from some youtube vids it sounded a little higher in the upper RPMs. I'd like to get a loud deep sounding exhaust but nothing ricey since I'm not driving a 4-cylinder FT86 lol.

For my other question, is the Joe Z deeper in sound or is the Arc deeper in sound? I've read some comments on Joe Z but haven't heard or found his product site yet. Any input would be great guys! And Thanks
I got the Ark exhaust for the AWD model and I can tell you it does not sound rice at all, it has a nice loud deep tone to it. I love the way it sounds

Quick Reply: Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust