Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-14, 08:51 AM
Jaydemm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Jay, you are in love with your exhaust, your not humping it are you ? Randre19 i will get you some vids as promised. Was busing all weekend. Just order the JoeZ, i promise you will be happy....
Sometimes when i'm in the mood and the exhaust has the right tone... maybe
Old 06-28-14, 03:57 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

any sound clips of the ARK exhaust. I know they released it but havent released a sound clip of anyone who has one
Old 07-07-14, 04:01 AM
shadow1
Driver School Candidate

Any highway drone with ARK? Also is the ARK available with stainless tips rather than the burnt blue tips that they list on their website?
Old 07-07-14, 02:39 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1
Any highway drone with ARK? Also is the ARK available with stainless tips rather than the burnt blue tips that they list on their website?
All catbacks will have drone...but its been my experience that the Ark Grip has way less drone than most due to the Helmholtz design. The tone is completely different as well when comparing cruising acceleration versus aggressive acceleration...gives the car even more personalties to enjoy. And yes...they also come in polished tips as well.
Old 07-07-14, 02:41 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it was pretty cool having my car on the dynojet at FSR Motorsports. That place is a haven for Supras and M3s....no joke. They had 5 of each and they tune ALL day long...very impressive. So here are the numbers...consistent gains overall.
Attached Thumbnails Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust-img_2779.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
whoismiked (01-26-20)
Old 07-08-14, 02:55 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for posting the Ark Dyno's for everyone to see...it seems like a great system all around
Old 07-11-14, 05:33 PM
jokim
Driver School Candidate

Is there dyno for joe z?
Old 07-11-14, 10:55 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

Who cares about dynos anywho? If you are really concerned about horsepower and making your car a tuner, you shouldn't have picked a Lexus IS. I find it somewhat laughable seeing GTHaus exhausts on IS250's... The loudest possible exhaust for one of Lexus's slowest cars. Cool I guess. If that's what you like. And that is EXACTLY what this platform is for all of us, a personal preference crap. Like a shiny tube in your engine? Get an injen intake! Want track quality brakes when the car will probably never see a track? Get some brembo rotors and calipers! Want to sound a little louder? Get an exhaust! Get an exhaust that has the tone you like! Because there is going to be close to no difference which catback you decide to go for as far as "performance" is concerned. Just take tone and price into consideration and worry not about dyno's. Trust me, you will be a much happier Lexus IS owner.
Old 07-23-14, 10:48 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bucanero
Who cares about dynos anywho? If you are really concerned about horsepower and making your car a tuner, you shouldn't have picked a Lexus IS. I find it somewhat laughable seeing GTHaus exhausts on IS250's... The loudest possible exhaust for one of Lexus's slowest cars. Cool I guess. If that's what you like. And that is EXACTLY what this platform is for all of us, a personal preference crap. Like a shiny tube in your engine? Get an injen intake! Want track quality brakes when the car will probably never see a track? Get some brembo rotors and calipers! Want to sound a little louder? Get an exhaust! Get an exhaust that has the tone you like! Because there is going to be close to no difference which catback you decide to go for as far as "performance" is concerned. Just take tone and price into consideration and worry not about dyno's. Trust me, you will be a much happier Lexus IS owner.
agreed...whether 250 or 350 our car is not a sports car...its a small luxury car that I love dearly but performance wise its **** lol
Old 12-19-14, 04:47 PM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F Sport 2 Quiet 4 my Taste..Way 2 Overpriced as well..
Old 12-22-14, 02:02 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Joe Z or BUST ........
Old 12-22-14, 08:31 PM
3ivato
Rookie

Ark All Day
Old 12-23-14, 05:58 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Joe Z or BUST ........
+1 and the full Catback for the AWD is getting very close!!
Old 12-23-14, 08:48 PM
rgonza1
Driver

I just installed the F Sport Performance intake so I'm leaning towards pairing it with the F-Sport Performance exhaust as well.
Old 01-14-15, 02:58 PM
Megaman
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bucanero
Your attitude is the exact reason why the aftermarket is so limited for this brand.

Who cares about a few horsepower difference? I do. I'm paying, and I want the most for my money. Some people ACTUALLY purchase exhaust upgrades for additional power.

Using the Ark dyno posted above, you see a +10hp gain throughout the entire power band. Imagine if a company created a true 2.5" exhaust system?

Or larger?

Quick Reply: Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust