Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 11:55 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alant514
I got the Ark exhaust for the AWD model and I can tell you it does not sound rice at all, it has a nice loud deep tone to it. I love the way it sounds
Thanks for the response. I will have to watch for a better price break to grab this exhaust.
Old 04-06-15, 12:48 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 369 Likes on 213 Posts

I just installed the joe z cat back system on my car and there's a nice deep sound from jump! I've only heard the ark via youtube and it's quite loud when revving through the band; joe z isn't a joke either. now I've heard the joe z cat back system on youtube or instagram as well and hearing it live is definitely not the same. some say these exhausts get louder (or something to the sort) after it gets broken in. if that's the case, my wife is going to hate riding in my car...haha. the joe z sounds nothing like a fart can and sounds nice throughout the cabin as well. I have yet to hear the ark live, but I don't think they're too much different.
Old 04-08-15, 05:28 AM
Patrick047
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
I just installed the joe z cat back system on my car and there's a nice deep sound from jump! I've only heard the ark via youtube and it's quite loud when revving through the band; joe z isn't a joke either. now I've heard the joe z cat back system on youtube or instagram as well and hearing it live is definitely not the same. some say these exhausts get louder (or something to the sort) after it gets broken in. if that's the case, my wife is going to hate riding in my car...haha. the joe z sounds nothing like a fart can and sounds nice throughout the cabin as well. I have yet to hear the ark live, but I don't think they're too much different.
Ive heard both and JUST installed the Ark and I gotta say Ark allllllllll the way man wow best exhaust ive ever had it sounds amazing.
Old 04-08-15, 05:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

joe z is more deep than loud. Ive taken some trips with it and it doesnt get annoying
Old 04-10-15, 12:27 AM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered the ark based on One thing. Its growl on a cold start. Based from the youtube videos, sounds like youve just awaken the monster.

also those resonators are the nuts. Makes exhaust look so much more clean.
Old 01-07-16, 06:36 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Bringing it back from the dead. But I've tried searching for JoeZ's dyno and found nothing. Anyone have info if it makes power or not? Considering that Ark is 2.5in and JoeZ is 2.25 there should be better gains with Ark IMO. I've asked JoeZ why he didn't go 2.5 and no definite answer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 01-07-16, 08:01 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On my build thread I have a dyno, but I also have PPE headers and am AWD. I have the cat back. Did Ark ever make the Cat back for the AWD? Or do you still have to get the RWD modified?
Old 01-07-16, 08:02 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

They have it for both now. Only problem with the JoeZ is that it's a 2.25in system which I'm going to say is no Bueno for boost later
Old 01-07-16, 08:46 PM
IScrazzd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bucanero
Who cares about dynos anywho? If you are really concerned about horsepower and making your car a tuner, you shouldn't have picked a Lexus IS. I find it somewhat laughable seeing GTHaus exhausts on IS250's... The loudest possible exhaust for one of Lexus's slowest cars. Cool I guess. If that's what you like. And that is EXACTLY what this platform is for all of us, a personal preference crap. Like a shiny tube in your engine? Get an injen intake! Want track quality brakes when the car will probably never see a track? Get some brembo rotors and calipers! Want to sound a little louder? Get an exhaust! Get an exhaust that has the tone you like! Because there is going to be close to no difference which catback you decide to go for as far as "performance" is concerned. Just take tone and price into consideration and worry not about dyno's. Trust me, you will be a much happier Lexus IS owner.
You are a wise man!!
Old 01-08-16, 09:36 AM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

my ark grip just got delivered today.. im at work and it at home waiting!! hope to install this weekend!
Old 01-08-16, 06:53 PM
lildjloop
Driver School Candidate

A pic!!!! Looks awesome!! Will be installing Sunday!
Attached Thumbnails Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust-image.jpeg  
Old 01-09-16, 05:30 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Lildjloop could you do me a huge favor and measure from the muffler to the tip?
Old 01-09-16, 06:12 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Bringing it back from the dead. But I've tried searching for JoeZ's dyno and found nothing. Anyone have info if it makes power or not? Considering that Ark is 2.5in and JoeZ is 2.25 there should be better gains with Ark IMO. I've asked JoeZ why he didn't go 2.5 and no definite answer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was pretty sure you knew the FULL Catback system would be the same 10-12 RWHP gains on the IS350 since its the same motors we tested back in 2008...

Also the definitive answer was 2.5" piping is too large on a full true dual exhaust on a V6 motor..
2.25" piping is the correct size for measurable performance..

We properly use the 2.5" piping for our V8 exhaust platforms which include the IS F, RC F and soon GS F..

Hope this helps clarify your questions

Joe Z
Old 01-09-16, 08:29 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

What I don't get is that both systems put out pretty much the same HP so in theory, does that mean 2.5 and 2.25in is neither good or bad? Believe me I'm a full believer in the PTS system, I've had it on my 06 and it was thee #1 exhaust IMO.

I'm just trying to see what would benefit my SC later...

Last edited by iSuxeL; 01-10-16 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-10-16, 11:55 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Quick Reply: Joe Z Catback Exhaust vs ARK GRIP Exhaust