Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Do we have a newbies FAQ section for performance?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-14, 12:07 PM
mulasien
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do we have a newbies FAQ section for performance?

Hey all, I'm not currently in the market for performance upgrades on my GS300 at the moment (daily driver for now), but might someday down the road.

I know that the primary option for performance for these cars is to turbo it, but haven't been able to find a central source of information of the different options and best methods for doing so.

Before I start asking questions that have been answered before, is there a common performance FAQ thread out there I could not find that covers the basics such as common performance upgrades (and vendor sources), things to keep in mind, issues to watch out for, etc that I have overlooked? Would I get better answers perusing the Supra forums?

Just for a bit of background, I used to have naturally aspirated LS2 vehicle with bigger cam, longtube headers, 3.91 gears, etc so I'm at least a bit familiar with the basics of car performance options, but the turbo Toyota scene is a strange new world to me.

Not a big deal, just trying to get basic answers before I start asking commonly answered questions. Thanks.