Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Midpipe option IS250

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-14, 01:24 AM
jordy4diaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midpipe option IS250

So I have an HKS hi power exhaust on my 250, I really liked the sound with the invidia mid pipe so I decided to get that, maybe soon.

But what do you think of a true dual just like this one for the ISF?

An X pipe + 2 resonators like that in the picture and my HKS hi power exhaust.

I know its a 250, im not gonna race in it or something but I want to squeeze every HP I can, this is more of a sound thing. Besides its cheaper for me to get that custom made midpipe instead of the invidia, Im from Dominican Republic so I have to pay what you guys pay for the invidia + the shipping to the country which its expensive. The custom midpipe will for for around $350-380 max.

So what do you guys think? should I go for the sure thing and get the invidia midpipe? or should I save a couple of bucks and go for something different in than most IS in the country?
Old 05-17-14, 07:00 AM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read a lot of mixed reviews )is350(. Are you looking for more sound? Or performance , why not try a less restrictive muffler with less baffling which should increase sound?

All ,to my understanding tha mid pipe has two small inline resonators. Why not just remove them and thus create more sound. A mid pipe will do nothing for performance just sound. It's a lot cheapier to remove them then getting one made.
Old 05-17-14, 08:40 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a is350 with custom "true duals"with X pipe. I can tell you that set up did gain hp. On an is250.... im not so sure it would but another member here has done something similar to true duals. Its somewhere here on this site. All you have to do is search.
Old 05-17-14, 07:16 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any dyno numbers and photos of your setup? Don't get loud confused with hp haha
Old 05-17-14, 08:33 PM
MDHLexus
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my resonator deleted and put in an x-pipe and it sounded a little bit louder, didnt feel much on the performance gains. Then I bought the M2 axleback and had that cut and swapped for my stock mufflers (so secondary cats, x-pipe, mufflers). Then i didnt like the drone so i had two resonators put in and the x-pipe deleted (Secondary cats, resonators, mufflers). I love this set up much more.. i went with cheap resonators that the shop had in stock, but i might replace them later with higher quality for better sounds. The preformance gain also feels way more noticeable without the x-pipe, which i found interesting.
Old 05-17-14, 09:09 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you are confused between sound and HP gain. A true dual set up gives or take ~12 HP such as the Joe Z system. 12 HP is not really noticeable. On the other hand, 100 HP gain from a IS250 to IS350 is really noticeable.

Originally Posted by MDHLexus
I had my resonator deleted and put in an x-pipe and it sounded a little bit louder, didnt feel much on the performance gains. Then I bought the M2 axleback and had that cut and swapped for my stock mufflers (so secondary cats, x-pipe, mufflers). Then i didnt like the drone so i had two resonators put in and the x-pipe deleted (Secondary cats, resonators, mufflers). I love this set up much more.. i went with cheap resonators that the shop had in stock, but i might replace them later with higher quality for better sounds. The preformance gain also feels way more noticeable without the x-pipe, which i found interesting.