Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Let's Talk N02

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-14, 03:09 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's Talk N02

I've been reading around about installing nitrous in our cars (in my case a 250) and had a few questions.
In regards to this kit 4-6 CYLINDER EFI WET BLACKOUT NITROUS SYSTEM

http://www.zex.com/zx/4-6-cylinder-e...-systemtmhtml/

1.) Will our stock fuel pumps be able to handle 50 up to 75 shot? If not, what fuel pump would you recommend. 255 LPH

2.) Will our spark plugs need to be upgraded going down in a heat range? If not, which ones would you recommend?

3.) Where do you tie into the fuel system and would you need a special fitting? Here is what is says comes with the kit for the fuel:

STEP 8: Install Fuel Delivery Line
The ZEX™ nitrous kit comes with several fittings that will allow you to decide what the best solution is for your vehicle. If you would like to use the fuel tee fitting, ensure that the fuel line pressure has been relieved and then cut the rubber fuel line. Insert the barbed ends of the fuel tee into the rubber hose ends and secure with the provided hose clamps. Using an appropriate thread sealant, install the 90 deg. -4 AN fitting into the threaded hole. Another option is to remove the fuel rail and drill and tap it for the 90 deg. -4 AN fitting. Pick the spot you would like to drill and mark it. Using a 11/32 drill bit, drill the hole and then tap it with the supplied 1/8
NPT tap. Using an appropriate thread sealant, install the 90 deg. -4 AN fitting into the threaded hole. Before installing the fuel rail back on the engine, ensure that all metal shavings have been cleaned out. There are also certain vehicles that have a -4AN Schrader valve fitting, factory attached to the fuel rail. Once the valve core is unscrewed and removed, with the tool provided in the ZEX kit, this factory fuel rail fitting makes for a very clean and easy hook-up for the nitrous system’s fuel supply hose. Finally, a 1/16 NPT to -4AN fitting is also included for easy connection on vehicles that contain fuel rails with a 1/16 NPT access port. Once the fuel fitting
has been sorted out and installed, connect the -4AN, 36” hose assembly to the fuel fitting and the fuel inlet on the Nitrous Management Unit. This completes the fuel connections for the ZEX™ 82021 Nitrous System.

Before you start flaming please remember this is just for fun to start a conversation and curiosity.
Old 05-13-14, 04:00 PM
06350F
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not quite sure but why not run a dry 25-50 shot and call it a day?
Old 05-13-14, 04:17 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Everywhere I've read says wet is safer for our engines, don't want to get lean.
Old 05-13-14, 06:17 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

^Not just our engines, all engines. Your best bet is to weld in a bung into a SRI pipe and run it near the TB. There might be some useful info in here : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...de-thread.html
Old 05-13-14, 06:27 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Not just our engines, all engines. Your best bet is to weld in a bung into a SRI pipe and run it near the TB. There might be some useful info in here : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...de-thread.html
This kit comes with everything to create the bung in your SRI for the injection but I'm curious where is the best place for your fuel source.
Old 05-14-14, 02:57 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Ok I found the post that talks about the fuel setup. HKS350 says: "This is wild!I just finished installing my NOS kit kinda! I have to order some factory SST pressure fitting for the fuel. This way I can use the factory quick connectors. IF I get these parts in I'll be spraying by this weekend!!!!!!!"

It's post #13 in this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...17721-nos.html

Do you know what SST pressure fitting he is talking about and where he's talking about using it?
Old 05-14-14, 10:20 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
^Not just our engines, all engines. Your best bet is to weld in a bung into a SRI pipe and run it near the TB.
Not the most technically inclined when it comes to boosting but I came to say this.
Old 05-14-14, 12:52 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by daileycon
Do you know what SST pressure fitting he is talking about and where he's talking about using it?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...721-nos-4.html

Old 05-14-14, 01:31 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

I read that post 3 times and somehow missed that! Thanks.
So SST stands for Stainless Steel Tee! Haha
Old 05-16-14, 09:29 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Are there any Zex vendors in the forum?
Old 05-18-14, 04:38 PM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Anyone have any insight to questions 1 and 2?
Old 05-18-14, 07:07 PM
OKCIS
Rookie

For a 50 shot the factory fuel system should be fine. As far as the plugs go you probably dont have to drop but if you go out to the 75 shot it might be worth dropping a stage colder. Anything larger then that much of a shot though and your going to have to start changing things up.
Old 05-19-14, 12:10 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All you need to do is T-tap the 7th injector (cold start injector) to aide with a wet shot. You can run up to 125 shot like this without having to change anything.
Old 05-19-14, 05:29 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XhyDra
All you need to do is T-tap the 7th injector (cold start injector) to aide with a wet shot. You can run up to 125 shot like this without having to change anything.
Music to my ears. Thanks guys for the info!
Old 05-19-14, 07:44 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Let us know when you finally spray. Upload a video if you can. I'm interested.

Quick Reply: Let's Talk N02