Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

injen air intake or f sport intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-14, 02:18 PM
BigBawss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injen air intake or f sport intake

Still debating which one to get, in terms of sound I like them both but mostly I hear them from a videos. Would like to get some opinions to anyone who has it. and is there really a hp gain from it ?,some people say there's a bit in f sport.?
Old 05-09-14, 07:05 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the injen and f sport. I'll say the f sport. The injen is the loudest but it sucks in hot air and I hated that
Old 05-09-14, 08:15 PM
rparkzy
Driver

I think joe Z has the best gains ...correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the f sport and love it. I've had it on a 250 and now a 350 ....sounds awesome at higher rpms
Old 05-09-14, 09:31 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make your own. Its gonna cost you about $30. A lot of people asked me if i have V8 lol.
Old 05-10-14, 06:56 PM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I bought my car it came with an Injen intake, so I don't know any difference, but I love how it sounds (even with stock exhaust) when I step on the throttle.
Old 05-10-14, 11:53 PM
is250fsprt
Pole Position

I have the Fujita F5 on my car and it sounds great. I would trade it for an F sport cold air intake just because everything on my car is F sport.
Old 05-13-14, 05:15 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the F Sport intake and the sound is day and night different from stock at 3000k RPM and up. When you have the F Sport exhaust, the intake is a nice compliment to it. Exhaust sound drops after 3000k RPM and the intake will pick up immediately. You get to hear this in person outside and in the car driving to appreciate it so much.

F Sport intake gives you roughly 5 HP.
Old 05-13-14, 06:17 PM
skottydznt
Pole Position

I have the injen and have zero complaints. I havent found an intake that produces a better sound and the piping is rather large in comparison to others too. I have had mine for almost 5 years
Old 05-14-14, 08:24 AM
getafewliv
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skottydznt
I have the injen and have zero complaints. I havent found an intake that produces a better sound and the piping is rather large in comparison to others too. I have had mine for almost 5 years
Do you oil your filter when you clean it and if so, has it ever caused any issues with the MAF sensor?
Old 05-14-14, 09:43 AM
daileycon
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skottydznt
Same here but only had it for a few months.
Old 05-14-14, 10:17 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rparkzy
I think joe Z has the best gains ...correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the f sport and love it. I've had it on a 250 and now a 350 ....sounds awesome at higher rpms
Unsubstantiated. It's the same build, just lower cost.

Originally Posted by jasonr
Just make your own. Its gonna cost you about $30. A lot of people asked me if i have V8 lol.

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I have the F Sport intake and the sound is day and night different from stock at 3000k RPM and up. When you have the F Sport exhaust, the intake is a nice compliment to it. Exhaust sound drops after 3000k RPM and the intake will pick up immediately. You get to hear this in person outside and in the car driving to appreciate it so much.

F Sport intake gives you roughly 5 HP.
This is the most honest answer here.
Old 05-14-14, 10:32 AM
skottydznt
Pole Position

i clean it with either the injen cleaning kit or k and n kit about every 5-8kmiles. And yes i do oil it after cleaning as it is an oiled filter. I have replaced the cone itself once in the 5 years as well.
Old 05-14-14, 05:09 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

injen=cheaper F Sport= CA CARB approved. injen intake with F Sport sticker purchased at the dealer for $5...Better deal and can be passed off as legal. Joe Z pipe with F Sport filter is cheaper than complete F Sport.
Old 05-14-14, 05:12 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will Joe Z pipe or F Sport pipe pair up with F Sport filter (without the lower box) provide the sound?

If Joe Z pipe does increase 5HP, can we just buy the F Sport pipe which is just like $15 more or so?

Originally Posted by Sffd103
injen=cheaper F Sport= CA CARB approved. injen intake with F Sport sticker purchased at the dealer for $5...Better deal and can be passed off as legal. Joe Z pipe with F Sport filter is cheaper than complete F Sport.
Old 05-15-14, 10:52 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will Joe Z pipe or F Sport pipe pair up with F Sport filter (without the lower box) provide the sound?
You can buy the Joe Z pipe and use the F-Sport filter (or any drop in dry-filter for that matter). The sound comes (mostly) from the hole in the lower box. Others have cut the hole themselves.

If Joe Z pipe does increase 5HP, can we just buy the F Sport pipe which is just like $15 more or so?
Yes.

Quick Reply: injen air intake or f sport intake