Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking for people that have had their 3Is' on a Dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-14, 07:38 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for people that have had their 3Is' on a Dyno.

Hey guys, I'm a former Dyno tuner and I'm looking for info from people that have dynoed their 3is'. I'm specifically looking for Dyno charts with wideband AFR. I've scoured the net for any posted Dyno charts with AFRs and have not found any yet.

Basically, I'm looking into the possibility of finding a way to tune the 3is but need some preliminary info.

I'd prefer totally stock Dyno pulls but would like to see stock vs. modded Dyno pulls as well, as long as they're back-to-back, on the same day and same Dyno.

Thanks.

Last edited by CTLG; 04-29-14 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-29-14, 10:18 PM
JCWong
Rookie

good luck with that... a, not a lot of people will be tuning their 3IS b, not a lot you can mod on Toyota's/Lexus' and c, not much real hp improvements on intake/headers/exhaust mods
Old 04-30-14, 04:04 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by JCWong
good luck with that... a, not a lot of people will be tuning their 3IS b, not a lot you can mod on Toyota's/Lexus' and c, not much real hp improvements on intake/headers/exhaust mods
A: nobody is tuning their Lexus 3Is because there currently isn't a way to do it.

B: without a way to tune, the real potential power isn't unlocked, regardless of mods. There are power gains to be had, even on a totally stock setup, and even more power to be made from mods plus proper tuning for those mods. Trust me on this. The ability to tune the ECU would also open up the possibility of a proper forced induction setup.

C: see above.
Old 04-30-14, 10:36 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep dreaming, tuning the stock ECU wont happen.

Research the 2IS forums to see what weve done, you 3IS guys are in the same boat.
Old 01-04-15, 04:08 PM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLG
Hey guys, I'm a former Dyno tuner and I'm looking for info from people that have dynoed their 3is'. I'm specifically looking for Dyno charts with wideband AFR. I've scoured the net for any posted Dyno charts with AFRs and have not found any yet.

Basically, I'm looking into the possibility of finding a way to tune the 3is but need some preliminary info.

I'd prefer totally stock Dyno pulls but would like to see stock vs. modded Dyno pulls as well, as long as they're back-to-back, on the same day and same Dyno.

Thanks.
Reviving this old thread. I just hit the dyno, but no AFRs. I'm going back though and having the wideband hooked up for the next pulls.

Are you thinking piggyback and leaning it out if there's some margin in the mixture?