Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Which intake, and where?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-14, 01:57 AM
young1026
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which intake, and where?

Hello, just got my 2014 Lexus is250 AWD, and I was wondering where I can purchase GReddy or Takeda intakes?

I am still debating between the two, but I am leaning toward Greddy.

Does anyone know which one has a more quality sound, although I heard they are practically the same intake?

I don't want it too loud, but I don't want it as quiet as JoeZ was said to be.

Thanks for the help people, I've been watching youtube videos all day and I only see takeda intakes.

By the way getting my 20% all around tint in a couple days will post pictures
Maybe might get 15%'s lol!
Old 04-28-14, 03:11 AM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Takeda and Greddy are the same intake made by aFe (afepower.com). Just different stickers on them.

You can get them on amazon or ebay

Another thing I'd mention is, I had an engine check light with my takeda recently, but I know most people have no issues with theirs. It's most likely due to the larger filter and piping which causes the car to run leaner and throws a code. I ran mine for quite a while before with no issues, but lately it threw the light so I switched back to stock till further notice.
Old 04-28-14, 04:06 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly what he said. Same exact intake. I had it on my 2is n now on my 3is. I love the growl it give. I haven't had any CEL issue so far and it's been a year or so
Old 04-28-14, 04:13 PM
young1026
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TheShaddix
Takeda and Greddy are the same intake made by aFe (afepower.com). Just different stickers on them.

You can get them on amazon or ebay

Another thing I'd mention is, I had an engine check light with my takeda recently, but I know most people have no issues with theirs. It's most likely due to the larger filter and piping which causes the car to run leaner and throws a code. I ran mine for quite a while before with no issues, but lately it threw the light so I switched back to stock till further notice.
Thanks for the information man, I want the GReddy but if I can find it I guess ill have to settle for Takeda, and dang the engine light okay, well lets see what happens! Hope you get it all figured out.

Originally Posted by iRyan
Exactly what he said. Same exact intake. I had it on my 2is n now on my 3is. I love the growl it give. I haven't had any CEL issue so far and it's been a year or so
Sounds good bro, hopefully its not too have a annoying hondaish growl lol no offense.

My cousin had a intake on his 2is and it sounded so clean, ill try it out and let you guys know!
Old 04-28-14, 04:28 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by young1026
I don't want it too loud, but I don't want it as quiet as JoeZ was said to be.
I had an 06 IS 350 with a Joe Z intake and a drop in K&N filter. You could easily hear the growl with the combination. K&N is definitely louder than a stock filter. No CEL either.

Aloha
Old 04-28-14, 05:50 PM
TheShaddix
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I might have to try the K&N filter. Takeda definitely has the nicest sound, no riced out civic bs, it's more like a deep v8 growl/rumble in low/mid end, with a bit of rattle near the top which is bearable. I truly miss the sound...It was intoxicating to say the least...Stupid engine check light ruined it for me.
Old 04-28-14, 10:58 PM
Heard006
Driver School Candidate

I've been very happy with the Injen.
Old 04-29-14, 12:52 AM
young1026
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Larry96815
I had an 06 IS 350 with a Joe Z intake and a drop in K&N filter. You could easily hear the growl with the combination. K&N is definitely louder than a stock filter. No CEL either.

Aloha
is there anyway you can record a iPhone video of how it sounds in and out? and post it on ig so i can follow listen and you can delete afteR?

Originally Posted by Heard006
I've been very happy with the Injen.
I was thinking about the injen, how does that sound?
Old 04-29-14, 02:49 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there anyway you can record a iPhone video of how it sounds in and out? and post it on ig so i can follow listen and you can delete afteR?

Sorry I HAD on 06, can't record it, don't even know where it is! I now I have a 2014.
Old 04-29-14, 04:42 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the GReddy intake. I love mine and have had no issues with lights or anything. It also doesn't give it an annoying sound. It just makes it a bit deeper and louder but sounds amazing.
Old 04-29-14, 11:46 AM
Heard006
Driver School Candidate

The sound of the Injen is perfect! Purrs when you don't need it and growls when up push it/sport mode. No lights, few parts, good fit...can't complain.
Old 04-30-14, 01:29 AM
young1026
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sternb818
Go with the GReddy intake. I love mine and have had no issues with lights or anything. It also doesn't give it an annoying sound. It just makes it a bit deeper and louder but sounds amazing.
going to purchase the greedy and if I don't like it, going to try the injen!

Originally Posted by Heard006
The sound of the Injen is perfect! Purrs when you don't need it and growls when up push it/sport mode. No lights, few parts, good fit...can't complain.
thanks man, and if i don't like the injen ill go joeZ and go back to quiet mode lol
Old 05-08-14, 05:37 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a total noob here, but can anyone post a video or a link that shows on how to install Greedy or Injen air intake on 2014 IS350? Also, which model/type that will fit the car?
Lastly, being it is a new car, will it void any warranty if I change the air intake?
Thanks guys
Old 05-08-14, 05:40 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a detailed thread on how to install:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ke-on-3is.html

It says Takeda but it is the same as the GReddy. Also, it won't void the warranty but if something happens and they prove it is from the intake, they wont fix it. Fits all models.

Last edited by Mr_VFS1; 05-08-14 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-18-14, 03:58 PM
rgvfsport
Driver School Candidate

I chose the Injen intake... Actually just ordered it last night in black along with the Injen Hydroshield. I got the Hydroshield not necessarily to repel water, but to repel large debris that might get caught in between the ridges on the filter itself.

The design of the Injen is totally different than the others I've seen as it extends a bit more towards the front of the engine bay where the outside air comes in and curves down. The intake pipe also changes diameter as it gets closer to the throttle body which supposedly makes a difference in performance.

My past experience with Injen intakes on my Acura RSX-S was phenomenal and was dyno proven to increase whp... And that was on a 4-cylinder. Going to try and get to the dyno before install and after to get actual #'s

Quick Reply: Which intake, and where?