Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F sport exhaust left hanging low?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 09:49 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default F sport exhaust left hanging low?!

Just a question for you guys with the fsport exhaust, I recently installed it on my car and for some reason the left side is hanging lower than that right side.., and it seems to stick out a bit more than the right side. Just wanted to see if its normal or if i installed it wrong
Old 03-25-14, 10:21 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is normal fitment issue. My F Sport exhaust is like that but it is not really noticeable unless you look at them closely.

Beside, if you listen to the sound, the right side is louder than the left one because the right side is a dummy muffler with straight through pipe while the left one is a real muffler. I think they design it on purpose to fine tune the sound and yeah I love the sound so much.
Old 03-25-14, 11:08 AM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I see.. thanks for the input my ADD is kicking in must grab some zipties from work and see what I can do to fix it!
Old 03-25-14, 11:08 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

My factory exhaust is lower on the left side as well. When I first got my car I noticed it and looked at all the other new cars on the lot, they were all the same.

I don't know if the F-Sport hangs even lower, but that was my experience with the factory exhaust.

Jeff
Old 03-25-14, 01:05 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
My factory exhaust is lower on the left side as well. When I first got my car I noticed it and looked at all the other new cars on the lot, they were all the same.

I don't know if the F-Sport hangs even lower, but that was my experience with the factory exhaust.

Jeff
My Tanabe Touring Medallion was the same way. Hangs lower on the left and sticks out more than the right. Of course I'm real meticulous about the little things so about 2 hours of tweaking and 2 new 10mm exhaust hangers later the exhaust is now dead on perfect.
Old 03-25-14, 01:21 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Beside, when you guys drive, do your mufflers on the car shake a little especially left and right?
Old 03-26-14, 10:40 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to fix the alignment but it may need a second set of hands. I had the same issue on another car with dual exhaust. You need to disconnect the piping and have someone push or pull on one side while you bolt it on. Otherwise you may be able to get a different rubber mount. And if your super **** then go to a muffler shop to re-weld the mount.
Old 03-26-14, 03:17 PM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

On my F-Sport exhaust the left side pointed up a little more than the right. I loosened the bolts at the muffler/Ypipe and put my floor jack under where the muffler mounts to the Y pipe and jacked it up till the pipe was pointed like the other side than tightened the bolts again. It looks even now.
Old 03-29-14, 12:15 PM
Set50
Rookie

Ain't no pursuit of perfection

Also asked the dealer to adjust it but apparently its normal, saw the same on another customer's IS.

The second picture is exaggerated imo since it does not look as bad as that in person ......
Attached Thumbnails F sport exhaust left hanging low?!-img_1660.jpg   F sport exhaust left hanging low?!-img_1661.jpg   F sport exhaust left hanging low?!-img_1662.jpg  
Old 03-29-14, 02:21 PM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you guys use the 2 rubber exhaust grommets that come with the F Sport?

They go on the inner hanger on each of the muffer cans if that makes sense. They are MUCH stiffer than stock and also a little shorter to pull the exhaust closer to the bumper. This solves the hanging issue and the side to side shaking issue. However one side will still stick out more than the other.
Old 03-31-14, 05:49 AM
Wojtasiak
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem.As soon you will install rear ground lip you won't be able to see it that much.
Old 03-31-14, 11:25 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yeah i agree with you. There is still some little shaking under heavy acceleration though.

Yeah the left one stick out more than the right one. However, it doesn't look bad. I like to see the "F Sport" engaved text there when I walk by

Originally Posted by pmanliu
Did you guys use the 2 rubber exhaust grommets that come with the F Sport?

They go on the inner hanger on each of the muffer cans if that makes sense. They are MUCH stiffer than stock and also a little shorter to pull the exhaust closer to the bumper. This solves the hanging issue and the side to side shaking issue. However one side will still stick out more than the other.