Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Real story on the M2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-14, 03:46 PM
Mjh609
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real story on the M2 exhaust

Ok, so I read through almost 50 pages in the performance section. However, most of it is a few years old. I'm looking for a few things.
1. How has it held up, are you still as happy with it as you were when you bought it?
2. Which vendor on eBay should I buy from? There seems to be a bunch of what looks like the same exhaust. I want to make sure I get the same one everyone has been raving about.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-02-14, 04:03 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey listen, I met someone over the summer who purchased one lightly used off someone and to tell you the truth it didn't look that great. Just remember the old saying " you get what you pay for".. Not trying to steer you away, I just want you to ask for some pics who have this exhaust in the same type of climate as you!! Best of luck!
Old 03-02-14, 04:35 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The M2 exhaust is a decent muffler option for a not large price compared to other exhaust. I have an M2 and I love the sound (but it was an axle back so i didnt expect much actual Hp gains.) A good alternative option to the Fsport exhaust. The one thing I didn't like about it is that the tips began to show light sign of rust rather quick. So really it is you get what you pay for.
Old 03-02-14, 05:29 PM
TheVille
Driver

I was looking into gettting an M2 exhaust as well. I figured it would be around $250-$350 depending on vendor, shipping, etc.

I ended up paying the extra money and getting an F-Sport. Defiantly worth it imo. Like the other members said, you get what you pay for.

At the very least i would try to find a used F-sport, tanabe, or something before purchasing an M2. Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps!
Cole
Old 03-02-14, 05:46 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheVille
I was looking into gettting an M2 exhaust as well. I figured it would be around $250-$350 depending on vendor, shipping, etc.

I ended up paying the extra money and getting an F-Sport. Defiantly worth it imo. Like the other members said, you get what you pay for.

At the very least i would try to find a used F-sport, tanabe, or something before purchasing an M2. Just my 2 cents.

Hope this helps!
Cole
+1^^^^ save up a few more bucks and hold out for a great used deal, you'll might be happier!
Old 03-02-14, 06:37 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I actually had it and put on 5K miles on it. Was fine to me since I wasn't looking for extra power or noise. I did wash it when I washed my car also to keep it clean. I did have my tips evened out by a muffler shop. Looked perfect for $25.
Attached Thumbnails Real story on the M2 exhaust-suspension-pic.jpg  

Last edited by Sffd103; 03-02-14 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-02-14, 06:53 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
I actually had it and put on 5K miles on it. Was fine to me since I wasn't looking for extra power or noise. I did wash it when I washed my car also to keep it clean.
Point noted but the OP lives in New England which is extremely tough on our cars compared to Cali, just IMO
Old 03-02-14, 07:38 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I've had mine for a while and have over 10k miles on it... still looks great and I've enjoyed the sounds since I got it.

The key is to maintain it properly... polish it regularly, apply a metal sealant, and then at least go over it with soapy water when you wash your car (which should be at least twice a month)
Old 03-02-14, 07:46 PM
leftyjohn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have an M2 and if I had to do it all over, I'd spend more money for a better system. Tips do rust and fitment wasnt the best. Pass side tip sticks out further than driver side. And had to bend one hanger to make it hang same height as other side. As someone else said,youre better off buying a better system,even if its used
Old 03-02-14, 09:58 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

^ thats how I felt, if i were to spend 300 used for a m2 why not save just a bit more and wait for a used fsport..
Old 03-03-14, 08:45 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with some of the other posters to a certain point as if you want to spend the extra money to get something nice, then by all means hold out just a little bit longer. There are a lot nicer exhaust options out there BUT price to performance, there really is no difference with M2 compared to the Fsport, HKS, GReddy, etc. Axleback options. other than look. Its really do you want to spend more for a more reputable brand (not that M2 isnt but its the lower of brands) OR save the cash for the same result. A brand new M2 is just shy of $300 while others range from the $500+ range

At that point, its really based on user.

Axle back exhaust, NOT CATBACK in case anyone has any issues with my comment
Old 03-03-14, 09:10 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost bought an M2 after reading a couple replies on here im glad I went a different route... And all thanks to E46m3lol Gilbert from LA Cali. Him and his boys hooked me up with a custom full exhaust for $500 if anyones is interested hit him up im sure they could ship for a clean customs setup
Attached Thumbnails Real story on the M2 exhaust-image-3870349775.jpg   Real story on the M2 exhaust-image-187815810.jpg   Real story on the M2 exhaust-image-144662313.jpg   Real story on the M2 exhaust-image-1041507710.jpg  
Old 03-03-14, 10:36 AM
1BadTitan
Rookie

I dont know how I'm the only one here, but mine droned like a ******... It was aweful, I couldnt stand it. I'd get on the highway and the hum inside the car was so bad, it felt like it was building pressure in my head. I have the auto transmission, no vibration at all, wasnt rubbing or anything like that. Fit was good. Just droned something horrible. I sold it 2 weeks after I bought it. I did buy it used, and definitly unmodified (I checked a million times) trust me, I needed to know why it was so bad. I couldnt deal with it any longer. I had a tanabe on my honda and it was awesome, I was told this was the tanabe knockoff, def not in sound levels, thats for sure!!!
Old 03-03-14, 12:04 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have both F Sport for 2 years on IS250 and it is still looking like new polished and shinny from day 1. I have also just installed M2 on IS350 and it looks kind of dull since the first day. The tips connection to the muffler looks like brownish color but definitely not rust because it is new item (I don't like this though). Both have good fitment. Both do not drone.

However, F Sport sounds millions times better. I'm not sure if i'm used to the F Sport, M2 is just too quiet to me. I should have saved money for a used F Sport instead of the M2.

I got the M2 installed (part + labor) from a shop for $280. Somehow the tips is showing "Manzo" brand. Is M2 and Manzo the same???
Old 03-03-14, 12:20 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BadTitan
I dont know how I'm the only one here, but mine droned like a ******... It was aweful, I couldnt stand it. I'd get on the highway and the hum inside the car was so bad, it felt like it was building pressure in my head. I have the auto transmission, no vibration at all, wasnt rubbing or anything like that. Fit was good. Just droned something horrible. I sold it 2 weeks after I bought it. I did buy it used, and definitly unmodified (I checked a million times) trust me, I needed to know why it was so bad. I couldnt deal with it any longer. I had a tanabe on my honda and it was awesome, I was told this was the tanabe knockoff, def not in sound levels, thats for sure!!!
I had the exact same experience when I purchased my M2 exhaust. Like you, it had a horrible drone around the highway as well as coasting anywhere on the streets. I also have two little ones in the backseat and I wasn't going to sacrifice their hearing so I ended up selling the exhaust two weeks later as well. My previous aftermarket exhaust was an Apex N1 on my Supra and you can easily compare the difference in sound and quality. With the M2 exhaust, I definitely learned the old adage of "You get what you pay for"...

Quick Reply: Real story on the M2 exhaust