Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Real story on the M2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-14, 08:06 PM
Mjh609
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Lots of positives but some negatives too, on this site and others. Not sure what I want to do yet. However, if I do go another route, it won't be for the Fsport. I'm not paying $1200+ for an axel back. That's absurd. But hey that's just me.
Old 03-03-14, 10:13 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mjh609
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Lots of positives but some negatives too, on this site and others. Not sure what I want to do yet. However, if I do go another route, it won't be for the Fsport. I'm not paying $1200+ for an axel back. That's absurd. But hey that's just me.
Send E46m3lol a pm ask him what he can do for a full custom true dual exhaust... Im sure he can hook it up something similar to what I have or whatever you prefer
Old 03-04-14, 07:22 AM
An2ny
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the M2 for about a year now, during this horrible/ insane winter I notice some surface rust on some areas, I don’t think it is real rust eating the system, but I will check when the weather gets better, worst case I would sand it and coated black...

I only like the looks of the F-Sport and the M2. I do not like the tuner huge muffler style… I wish the M2 was a bit louder like the F-Sport.
Like it has been mentioned before, there is no justification for the F-Sport price. Yes, you get what you pay for, but in this case you are paying for some overpriced pipes (Just my opinion)
Old 03-04-14, 09:26 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You pay for the finely tuned sound and the finely designed look. If you can drive a Lexus, you can afford the F Sport exhaust. You get to pay to play lol.

Anyways, no matter what exhaust you pick, you will not feel any difference in term of performance. You only change your perception of the car being faster due to noise but it really is not. All in all, pick what you like based on your budget.
Old 03-04-14, 11:10 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
If you can drive a Lexus, you can afford the F Sport exhaust.
I absolutely hate this line of thinking. I drive a Lexus because it's reliable, looks sharp, and has a premium feel. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy stuff I don't see value in.

On topic, I have a Greddy SE that I bought from a member here. Used pretty heavily (it looks like it hasn't been wiped down, ever), but absolutely no rust to speak of. A good polish should have it looking brand new. Scooped it up for $550 if I remember right. Wait for a good deal. I see name brand axleback exhausts selling for $450 in the Classifieds at least once a month.
The following users liked this post:
EvilJoker (08-13-18)
Old 03-04-14, 01:05 PM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sm1ke
I absolutely hate this line of thinking. I drive a Lexus because it's reliable, looks sharp, and has a premium feel. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy stuff I don't see value in. On topic, I have a Greddy SE that I bought from a member here. Used pretty heavily (it looks like it hasn't been wiped down, ever), but absolutely no rust to speak of. A good polish should have it looking brand new. Scooped it up for $550 if I remember right. Wait for a good deal. I see name brand axleback exhausts selling for $450 in the Classifieds at least once a month.
I completely agree, spend wisely not in excess... There's always good deals out there for quality stuff just have to be patient for them
Old 03-05-14, 06:12 AM
An2ny
Driver

You pay for the finely tuned sound and the finely designed look. If you can drive a Lexus, you can afford the F Sport exhaust. You get to pay to play lol.

Anyways, no matter what exhaust you pick, you will not feel any difference in term of performance. You only change your perception of the car being faster due to noise but it really is not. All in all, pick what you like based on your budget.

I disagree 100%.

It is definitely NOT a matter of people not being able to afford something, in this case a piece of pipe with mufflers that makes no power. It is a matter of being smart with your money and understanding what is that you are actually getting for that price and if this represents value for you or not… to me it doesn’t regardless if I drive one of these shameful cheap rebadged Toyotas or a Bugatti Veyron.
Old 03-05-14, 09:21 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by An2ny
I disagree 100%.

It is definitely NOT a matter of people not being able to afford something, in this case a piece of pipe with mufflers that makes no power. It is a matter of being smart with your money and understanding what is that you are actually getting for that price and if this represents value for you or not… to me it doesn’t regardless if I drive one of these shameful cheap rebadged Toyotas or a Bugatti Veyron.
You must not have ever seen the Fsport exhaust in person. The fit and finish are perfect and the sound is just what my IS350C needed to make it stand out. I get compliments all the time on this piece of polished stainless pipe with polished stainless mufflers.
Jeff
Old 03-05-14, 09:27 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Lol, i don't know why suddenly everyone jumps on disagreeing with me but fine. I'm sorry if i offend you in any way. To some, F Sport exhaust can be not worth it. However, to me and probably to some others, it is well worth it because of the finely tuned sound and finely designed look. Again, to be clear, i pay for look and sound and not for horsepower. The smile on my face every day seeing the exhaust and hearing it rarwwww is priceless.

I agree with you Jeff.

Last edited by FSportIS; 03-05-14 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-05-14, 10:12 AM
Silent53
Rookie

I've had mine for about over a year now and I have to say i've grown to be bored with it. It was nice for a few months but I noticed it was lacking sound so I got a resonator delete. That helped out a little, but flash forward to today and I honestly think it still lacks sound. Note that I'm just running an axle-back. It gets dirty pretty quick too. Probably going to upgrade to something else now that I have a better job. It's not too bad though for less that $280
Old 03-05-14, 10:16 AM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Lol, i don't know why suddenly everyone jumps on disagreeing with me but fine. I'm sorry if i offend you in any way. To some, F Sport exhaust can be not worth it. However, to me and probably to some others, it is well worth it because of the finely tuned sound and finely designed look. Again, to be clear, i pay for look and sound and not for horsepower. The smile on my face every day seeing the exhaust and hearing it rarwwww is priceless.
What you just said in the quoted post is in line with what I, dannyboy and An2ny are saying, which is that people will pay for something they see value in. You see value in the fit and finish of the F-Sport exhaust, so it's worth it to you. An2ny does not, and believes that for that amount of money, the exhaust should also provide more performance gains compared to other brands.

Both are quite valid points, it just depends on each person's perception of "value".

I'm only disagreeing with your statement of "If you drive X, you can afford Y". The way it was written can very easily be interpreted as "You drive a Lexus, buy the expensive stuff since you can afford it, even if you don't see value in it."

No offense taken, we're all adults. We can have an adult conversation
Old 03-05-14, 10:21 AM
dannyboy26
Lead Lap

What you just said in the quoted post is in line with what I, dannyboy and An2ny are saying, which is that people will pay for something they see value in. You see value in the fit and finish of the F-Sport exhaust, so it's worth it to you. An2ny does not, and believes that for that amount of money, the exhaust should also provide more performance gains compared to other brands. Both are quite valid points, it just depends on each person's perception of "value". I'm only disagreeing with your statement of "If you drive X, you can afford Y". The way it was written can very easily be interpreted as "You drive a Lexus, buy the expensive stuff since you can afford it, even if you don't see value in it." No offense taken, we're all adults. We can have an adult conversation
Enough said
Old 03-05-14, 10:28 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Dannyboy... looking forward to meeting up with you in AZ on Friday night and dropping off your exhaust system
Old 03-05-14, 10:57 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Fair enough, everyone has different opinions on what brings more value which leads to different buying decisions
Old 03-05-14, 12:00 PM
An2ny
Driver

What you just said in the quoted post is in line with what I, dannyboy and An2ny are saying, which is that people will pay for something they see value in. You see value in the fit and finish of the F-Sport exhaust, so it's worth it to you. An2ny does not, and believes that for that amount of money, the exhaust should also provide more performance gains compared to other brands.

Both are quite valid points, it just depends on each person's perception of "value".

I'm only disagreeing with your statement of "If you drive X, you can afford Y". The way it was written can very easily be interpreted as "You drive a Lexus, buy the expensive stuff since you can afford it, even if you don't see value in it."

No offense taken, we're all adults. We can have an adult conversation
Exactly Thanks!

I think that we all know/ understand and agree that the F-Sport: looks better/ sounds better and it is better quality overall…

In my particular case however, I paid $250 for the M2 shipped and the F-sport was about $1,300 at the time. So to me 5 times more money is just not worth it. If the exhaust made significant power or was made out of titanium etc, I could see the value, but I really don’t.

Quick Reply: Real story on the M2 exhaust