Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

2014 Lexus F Sport Intake System released

Old 07-28-14, 03:02 PM
jvit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Air Intake for 2014 IS350

I just installed the new F-Sport AIr Intake purchased from Sewell after detail inspection of both OEM and F-Sport units:
* Despite what Sewell and the local dealer say in their promo description, the F-Sport Air Intake does NOT modify the bottom of the air box. The changes are from the filter element to the throttle body.
* The filter element looks to be a K&N type made of washable/reusable fabric, but in F-Sport blue
* The small air filter cannister that was included on the OEM ducting is eliminated on the F-Sport
* The new air box lid is deeper than the OEM
* The F-Sport tube connecting air box and throttle body is free from the many protuberances and dimensional variations found on the ID of the OEM ducting (this may be its most important contribution)
* I could detect no difference in noise level or sound characteristics. If there are any, they're more subtle than I can discern
I was frankly disappointed that there were no modifications/improvements to the inbound side of the air intake - snorkel & duct to airbox - where air flow gains would more likely be achieved.
Old 07-29-14, 12:26 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jvit
I just installed the new F-Sport AIr Intake purchased from Sewell after detail inspection of both OEM and F-Sport units:
* Despite what Sewell and the local dealer say in their promo description, the F-Sport Air Intake does NOT modify the bottom of the air box. The changes are from the filter element to the throttle body.
* The filter element looks to be a K&N type made of washable/reusable fabric, but in F-Sport blue
* The small air filter cannister that was included on the OEM ducting is eliminated on the F-Sport
* The new air box lid is deeper than the OEM
* The F-Sport tube connecting air box and throttle body is free from the many protuberances and dimensional variations found on the ID of the OEM ducting (this may be its most important contribution)
* I could detect no difference in noise level or sound characteristics. If there are any, they're more subtle than I can discern
I was frankly disappointed that there were no modifications/improvements to the inbound side of the air intake - snorkel & duct to airbox - where air flow gains would more likely be achieved.
I concur with this description. I did not notice any sound difference. Well maybe because I have an F-Sport exhaust. There is however a small increase in responsiveness or perhaps it is a placebo effect. I paid around $320 with shipping and I installed it myself (very easy to install) and I think I am happy with it - well maybe.

Last edited by salvadorik; 07-29-14 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-29-14, 08:45 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try revving at high RPM with windows open, I think it is much louder, but then again it could be placebo effect. I do think at lower RPM, it's actually quieter than before.
Old 08-01-14, 07:37 AM
hades281
Driver

So... Has anyone else installed this? Those who have, even if it's not louder than the factory pipe / noisemaker, do you prefer the sound to stock?
Old 08-04-14, 04:40 PM
sage149
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Abied
I had one of my technician install it with me helping but it looked pretty straight forward and not complicated I just didn't want to mess anything up lol. In terms of removing the negative battery I did it as a precaution but I don't think you really have to. It came with two stickers so I just slapped them on but I'm going to remove them so it looks better haha
I have heard others having issues with CEL's and Engine shut down on the first couple start ups. Did you experience any of this with your install of the 2014 F-Sport intake?
Old 08-05-14, 06:23 AM
hades281
Driver

It is normal for the car to start and immediately die the first time after you disconnect the battery. My 2IS did this also. CELs could be caused by loose clamps (vacuum leak).
Old 08-20-14, 09:38 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

anyone happened to have any dyno chart on intake alone?
Old 09-03-14, 09:46 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is this different than the other one? this one has a lower box and a F Sport on the intake?
Old 09-03-14, 10:22 PM
mikesj
Driver School Candidate

Most likely it's for 2nd generation IS
Old 09-07-14, 07:55 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the whistle sound gone with this intake? Any increase in KM/L?
Old 09-08-14, 06:09 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by faisal11ir
Is the whistle sound gone with this intake? Any increase in KM/L?
There was a member who replaced the plastic piece that attach the piping with rubber ones and he claimed the whistling sound was gone
Old 09-09-14, 08:56 PM
Bst88
Rookie

Originally Posted by Stitch626
There was a member who replaced the plastic piece that attach the piping with rubber ones and he claimed the whistling sound was gone
So the 2014 f sport intake won't eliminate the whistling sound unless you modify the plastic piece ?
I really hate the whistling , it's really annoying :-(
Old 09-09-14, 09:24 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Fsport intake pipe doesn't have a connection for the sound generator(the whistler) which comes with the stock intake pipe. It should be eliminated IMO.
Old 09-23-14, 07:01 AM
FPerform
Driver

As a noob on these things, would it be better to go with the F Sport air intake or another one, say the K&N one? Also, if you opted for a non-Lexus air intake does it affect your warranty status on anything?
Old 10-16-14, 06:15 PM
dlwlsgks85
Rookie

anyone tried f sport intake and weld the bung for sound generator?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Lexus F Sport Intake System released