Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Planning to get a Lexus 2016/2017 IS350 vs IS350 F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-20, 06:54 PM
khione
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning to get a Lexus 2016/2017 IS350 vs IS350 F-sport

Hey guys, I'm new here and don't know much about modding the car

I've been watching videos online and seem to like the sound of the F-sport exhaust as well as the F-sport cold air intake. I don't really care about HP gains as much as I care about the sound of the car. I am looking to get a sound that is deep and noticeable but not something that is annoying or sound like a ricey honda. I want people to look at my car when I start it up in a parking lot. Money is not a huge issue for me as long as it is reasonable. It seems that the F-sport exhaust as well as the f-sport intake do not come stock with the f-sport model?

I need the following advice:
F-sport model vs Non-F-sport
Which exhaust and CA intake should I get given my preferences.

Cheers
Old 02-17-20, 06:46 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Go with the F-Sport for sure, you will be much happier, much better styling, features, wheels, tires and brakes. Some of the things included in the F-Sport Package are:
:
  • Aluminum Sport Pedals
  • Black Headliner
  • Wheels: 18" F SPORT Split 5-Spoke Alloy
  • Heated & Ventilated Front F SPORT Seats
  • F SPORT NuLuxe Seat Trim
  • Side & Rear F SPORT Badging
  • F SPORT Steering Wheel Badge
  • High-Friction Front Brake Pads
  • F SPORT Tuned Suspension
  • Intake Sound Generator
  • LFA Inspired TFT Instrumentation
  • Stainless Steel Scuff Plates
  • Low & High Beam Twin Projector LED Headlamps
  • Unique Front Fascia/Grille
^I think there is a few things missing from that list but it gives you the idea

As far as exhaust, there are so many great options, but I only have experience with one of them (The Ark-Grip Catback) which I absolutely love, but it is a relatively quiet exhaust compared to other options, so someone else may be better to respond with exhaust option differences.

Here is a sound clip, recorded with a crappy cell phone, of my exhaust, but will give you an indea of what the Ark grip sounds like with a cold start (this was recorded with stock intake)

As far as intake, since you are after sound and not performance I'd suggest the AFE Takeda Intake.

Last edited by whoismiked; 02-17-20 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-17-20, 07:49 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

As for performance, the difference with the FS are the pads, and the suspension. If you end you end up doing stiffer lowering springs I dont think you'll be missing anything on handling, they will give you the better sporty ride.
I'm not sure all 350s came with LED headlights but mine have them, may have been part of the premium pkg though.

From what I recall I think ark exhaust was actually one of the louder ones, at least sounded the best imo. There are some good driving clips they have too to give you a better idea of the sound. I have indivia axle back and sounds great at higher rpms but otherwise I'm not turning any heads in a parking lot, which I preferred as well. With any axle back on this car I think you'll at least wasn't to remove the resonators to get the low end sound you probably want.

Any cone filter will give you your desired sound. I did a F-sport intake with a intake box modded to mimic the F-sport design on their intake for the 2IS. I got a lot of sound increase while keeping the box and intake snorkel which I liked.
Old 02-18-20, 07:37 PM
khione
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for your reply. Regards to caliper color, what do you usually use to paint? I'm considering getting brembo brakes for the ceramic color but I'm not sure if the brakes fit the brembo calipers.
Old 02-28-20, 10:20 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by khione
Hey guys, thanks for your reply. Regards to caliper color, what do you usually use to paint? I'm considering getting brembo brakes for the ceramic color but I'm not sure if the brakes fit the brembo calipers.
OEM F Sport is good enough and technically Advics are Brembos. thats why most will simply get the OEM F Sport powdercoated or paint it themselves