Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 07:05 AM
Arey350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger

any chance I could find a supercharger kit for my is350 Fsport
Old 12-30-13, 04:53 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no..you should have bought a V8
Old 01-02-14, 09:48 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neilvosko
Thats not what he asked you smh.....to answer your question Arma sells a supercharger kit for our cars direct bolt on check out their website.

http://www.armaspeed.com/eng/goods.php?act=cat&no=29
Old 01-02-14, 01:31 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bizarre answer. So if someone with a v8 asked about a supercharger, your answer would be you should have bought a v10? If they offered an SC that was CARB legal for the IS, I would get it. I installed a Comptech SC in my S2K and all is well with the world. No need for me to get a v6, oh wait I did.
Old 01-02-14, 07:37 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Armaspeed may not have them availabe anymore. There are a few companies around that may have one or 2 floating around but your best bet is probably a universal rotorex and have a custom mount done
Old 01-03-14, 10:00 AM
dAiLL3sT
Lexus Test Driver

I'm so sick of these non helpful irrelevant *** responses keep them to your self. But OP there are lots of threads on the 2IS performance section on these questions. I myself am following a few for future reference

Originally Posted by stewb10
Yes. "low gains" for the money.

F-sport Exhaust: $1200 for 8whp + good sound = $150/hp

Supercharger: $5000 for 100whp + great sound = $50/hp

The Truth

Last edited by dAiLL3sT; 01-03-14 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-03-14, 11:24 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Supercharger is an awesome upgrade if it can be done safely without damaging a car in a long run. I am coming from a supercharged engine car and all I can say it is a really sweet engine. The pick torque is available right away and it keeps coming the more you push it. I would be glad to add supercharger but I am quite concerned about the long term reliability of powertrain. What do you guys think about it?
Old 01-03-14, 05:02 PM
euro.r
Driver

Factoring in the cost of the SC, installation, impact on reliability/warranty and the HP it nets you, why not just buy the 350??
Old 01-03-14, 05:39 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by euro.r
Factoring in the cost of the SC, installation, impact on reliability/warranty and the HP it nets you, why not just buy the 350??
most members who are involved in discussing SC on this thread have 350 already. Ironically it is not enough for us. We are dreaming about this surge of power that picks at very early stage of ARP band and keeps flat all the way till the red line. It is hard to describe but it a really addicting driving experience.

Last edited by salvadorik; 01-03-14 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-06-14, 09:37 AM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Thats my point exactly...the costs, warranty concerns, etc....better off with a factory V8....there is nothing like a solid platform straight from the factory and just basic bolt ons here and there....but a turbo or SC..thats twilight zone
Old 01-06-14, 09:38 AM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Trade in for a 335i and get a JB4 for power......
Old 01-06-14, 09:40 AM
neilvosko
Pole Position

really not trying to be a hater, just giving you advice from school of hard knocks, lessons learned, this IS350 is not a power platform like the 2JZ, N54, LSX engine....not worth it, cheaper and better to get a good platfrom from factroy to work on.
Old 01-06-14, 09:58 AM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

I've never understood why there is so much hate for forced induction around here. Many members have been running superchargers for thousands of miles on their 2IS for thousands of miles without a problem. I too recently joined the forced induction crowd with my rear mounted twin turbo setup and all I can say is that it's a blast! The car is so much quicker than before, drives completely like stock when not in boost, looks completely stock except for the front mount intercooler and it's a big attention getting at any car meet.

I didn't build this kit with the intention to make 150 more hp than stock, I built it to say that yes I am the first ever to build such a thing on a 2IS and it's actually functioning without any problems or check engine lights on my daily driven vehicle.

The kit is actually up for sale as I will be building a new front mounted twin turbo setup as soon as this one is gone.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...-for-sale.html
Old 01-06-14, 10:41 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

really not trying to be a hater, just giving you advice from school of hard knocks, lessons learned, this IS350 is not a power platform like the 2JZ, N54, LSX engine....not worth it, cheaper and better to get a good platfrom from factroy to work on.
I don't think comments like this has earned its validity as of yet (general statement, no offense to the poster). I think there aren't enough people who has actually had the chance to open up the 2gr/4gr engines to see if its really worth a build. the(x)JZ, bmw M/N-series, and LSX engines has been around long enough to make aftermarket engine parts for the engines. These engines can also operate on systems that are better for tuning than toyota has recently offered.

I think the 2/3/4GR engines have a lot of potential with the right investment but the direction is still unknown. Its Toyota's electronics system really screw up everything to even try to put a standalone system. I believe that everyone (included I) are just afraid to blow up their engine. If i had an extra $1500 lying around, i would just buy an engine and go to work but i don't. Until then, I say supercharge/turbocharge it until we figure out this engines limits!
Old 01-06-14, 10:48 AM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats my point exactly...the costs, warranty concerns, etc....better off with a factory V8....there is nothing like a solid platform straight from the factory and just basic bolt ons here and there....but a turbo or SC..thats twilight zone
I think people who want to install FI are not concerned with warranty. We pretty much know that any engine damage won't be covered anymore. Sometimes you got to pay to play.

Last edited by IS350S2K; 01-06-14 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: supercharger