Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PTS - Joe Z series Full Exhaust • Production version install for RWD 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-14, 07:20 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There will be a AWD cat back system soon
Old 12-06-14, 10:40 AM
leo877
Pole Position

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

How long did you guys wait for the exhaust to arrive? I've been waiting 10 days but still no joy, even a tracking number.
Old 03-01-15, 01:01 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Could someone please list the tools required to do a DIY on this?

O2 sensor socket/wrentch size?

Tools required to remove the brace? Torx Bit? Size?

Edit: AutoZone socket works but it was pretty tight on the passenger side. I recommend tightening the O2 sensors before mounting the xpipe. No torx bits needed! You'd have to remove the plastic covers.

Last edited by criticalgt; 04-01-15 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 04:10 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

Pretty excited. Ordered a cat back system today and hopefully have it by this weekend. I will attempt to install it with a friend and some help with some guys at the hobby shop I'm going to. I'll post some clips after install. Can't wait!
Old 04-05-15, 07:15 PM
cp2
Racer

UPDATE: so i installed my full cat back system yesterday and it took a total of about 3 hrs total. i swear, the first hour was trying to figure out how to remove the under brace and the plastics...haha. but after figuring how to get those pieces loose and off, the R2 was pretty simple! like some of those who installed themselves, my exhaust tips are hanging uneven right now and i'll eventually get to fixing that issue. but i love this system! right from engine start, it sounds bootyful! it was nice to hear it at wot as well...my son loves that it sounds like a race car...haha. i will post a clip sooner than later...hopefully. the weather is crappy right now so i don't want to deal her right now. but thanks to ModInJapan for the group buy pt2 (only $15 shipped) and joe z for making an awesome quality system.
Old 04-12-15, 07:21 PM
LINSTEFAN
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Could anyone let me know where they purchased their Joe-Z exhaust?
Old 04-12-15, 08:27 PM
cp2
Racer

Originally Posted by LINSTEFAN
Could anyone let me know where they purchased their Joe-Z exhaust?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ip-pickup.html
Old 05-19-15, 08:29 AM
FPerform
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would dealerships install aftermarket exhausts? Or does it vary from dealer to dealer?
Old 05-19-15, 08:46 AM
cp2
Racer

yes and yes. changing the exhaust isn't very to do as long as you have all the tools you need. doing just an axel back isn't worth taking to a dealer or a shop. imo, anyone who's turned a wrench can do that task. cat back is a little more difficult and requires another set of hands and something to hold up the y and mid pipes...and requires an O2 sensor socket. taking it to a muffler shop would probably cheaper than taking it to a dealer though.
Old 05-19-15, 09:18 AM
FPerform
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
yes and yes. changing the exhaust isn't very to do as long as you have all the tools you need. doing just an axel back isn't worth taking to a dealer or a shop. imo, anyone who's turned a wrench can do that task. cat back is a little more difficult and requires another set of hands and something to hold up the y and mid pipes...and requires an O2 sensor socket. taking it to a muffler shop would probably cheaper than taking it to a dealer though.
Thanks for the insight.

I want to go with the Joe Z Axle back, but I don't trust myself with the installation

Not liking the muffler shops around my area, so it looks like I'll have to go to the dealer, hopefully they won't charge an arm and a leg.
Old 05-19-15, 09:54 AM
cp2
Racer

Originally Posted by FPerform
Thanks for the insight.

I want to go with the Joe Z Axle back, but I don't trust myself with the installation

Not liking the muffler shops around my area, so it looks like I'll have to go to the dealer, hopefully they won't charge an arm and a leg.
damn...sorry to hear. axel back should take more than 1.5 hrs of labor. that's how dealers quote. call around and ask for a quote. call Toyota dealers too...actually I'd call them first. good luck
Old 05-25-15, 07:25 PM
FPerform
Driver

So a Lexus dealer told me that installing the exhaust would void the manufacturer's warranty, that can't be right can it?

Also, Lexus dealers are quoting $250 for installation.
Old 05-25-15, 08:55 PM
cp2
Racer

it would only void the warranty if the exhaust causes issues to the car...which is highly unlikely. $250 to install an axel back?!?! haha...what a joke!
Old 05-26-15, 06:06 AM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the dealership looks for reasons to no longer be responsible for a car... if a dealer told me that, then I would ask if I got the F sport exhaust would that also void my warranty? and by the way $250 is ludicrous. you can get some rolling stands($50 Harbor Freight) use your ratchet set, and have the install done in less than hour. I wouldn't pay $250. If you don't feel comfortable, I would go to a muffler shop, and know that they are just bolting on the axle back, there is not a lot that they can mess up.
Old 05-29-15, 07:54 AM
FPerform
Driver

Originally Posted by NVMarkus
the dealership looks for reasons to no longer be responsible for a car... if a dealer told me that, then I would ask if I got the F sport exhaust would that also void my warranty? and by the way $250 is ludicrous. you can get some rolling stands($50 Harbor Freight) use your ratchet set, and have the install done in less than hour. I wouldn't pay $250. If you don't feel comfortable, I would go to a muffler shop, and know that they are just bolting on the axle back, there is not a lot that they can mess up.
Heh I asked that as a followup and they said no.

Btw when they say it will void the warranty, are they referring to the basic and Powertrain?

Quick Reply: PTS - Joe Z series Full Exhaust • Production version install for RWD 3IS