Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PTS - Joe Z series Full Exhaust • Production version install for RWD 3IS

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-14, 11:56 AM
LexusFsprt
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

count me in on this Axle back for my AWD
Old 02-23-14, 12:29 PM
cj0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

joe has this been tested on the 350 yet?
Old 02-25-14, 01:36 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Feedback

Alright, so this is long overdue (my apologies), but here is some feedback after having the PTS JoeZ series full exhaust installed on my car for a couple of months now.

First of all, I'd like to address one of the concerns some members may have:

Originally Posted by Stitch626
That's would be my fear as well, I added a header to my 07 civic 1.8 running with a CAI, Megan racing downpipe and fully GReddy Ti-C exhaust system and it became unbearably loud like I couldn't hear my passengers
For those who DO actually want to hear their passengers and/or music, I will say this exhaust has no cabin drone AT ALL. Listening to music or passengers is not affected (I actually did have a passenger in my vehicle to test out this theory, and I drove on the freeway with no traffic, so I could actually accelerate).

Some additional points about this exhaust I'd like to make are:

-Silent at low RPMS (2.5k and below). Perfect for cruising and not attracting unwanted attention from cops. (Cause we all know my wheels alone catch their attention So I don't need additional attention from the 5-0 hehe)

- At above 2.5k, the exhaust comes alive and has a very nice note to it. Low tone, not annoying and high pitched. (You can hear it in the videos I've posted-- YouTube 1ntegress or look at my Instagram @integress )

- Downshifting sounds awesome OK this one may be subjective but again, you can hear for yourself in the videos I've posted.

Aside from the sounds, it looks great-- it's not too flashy, and doesn't scream "HEY Look at me, I'm an exhaust!" but it does add a nice touch to the rear end
Attached Thumbnails -img_3806.jpg  
Old 02-25-14, 03:24 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 37 Posts

I want one! Hopefully it comes out soon so I don't spend my money on something different.
Old 02-25-14, 03:25 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Alright, so this is long overdue (my apologies), but here is some feedback after having the PTS JoeZ series full exhaust installed on my car for a couple of months now. First of all, I'd like to address one of the concerns some members may have: For those who DO actually want to hear their passengers and/or music, I will say this exhaust has no cabin drone AT ALL. Listening to music or passengers is not affected (I actually did have a passenger in my vehicle to test out this theory, and I drove on the freeway with no traffic, so I could actually accelerate). Some additional points about this exhaust I'd like to make are: -Silent at low RPMS (2.5k and below). Perfect for cruising and not attracting unwanted attention from cops. (Cause we all know my wheels alone catch their attention So I don't need additional attention from the 5-0 hehe) - At above 2.5k, the exhaust comes alive and has a very nice note to it. Low tone, not annoying and high pitched. (You can hear it in the videos I've posted-- YouTube 1ntegress or look at my Instagram @integress ) - Downshifting sounds awesome OK this one may be subjective but again, you can hear for yourself in the videos I've posted. Aside from the sounds, it looks great-- it's not too flashy, and doesn't scream "HEY Look at me, I'm an exhaust!" but it does add a nice touch to the rear end
Lmfao of course pick on me haha...no jk that post was related to having an aftermarket header added to an aftermarket exhaust lol....I wanted the joe z but had no patience lol haha I tried. Glad you love the exhaust as much as I love my F Sport exhaust
Old 03-07-14, 01:39 AM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Any update about the release of this exhaust? And joe z, would you say this sounds similar to the gs350 exhaust(full catback)? I love the way that one sounds.
Old 03-11-14, 01:04 PM
bucanero
Pole Position

Release update? Price? F Sport exhaust is getting a lot of attention and leaving this one behind. Tanabe is just around the corner I imagine as well. Keep us posted on this one!!
Old 03-11-14, 04:07 PM
nycsoer
Driver School Candidate

very nice
Old 03-11-14, 04:25 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by bucanero
Release update? Price? F Sport exhaust is getting a lot of attention and leaving this one behind. Tanabe is just around the corner I imagine as well. Keep us posted on this one!!
Full CAT Back systems Confirmed in production now...

Release Date: TBA this month

Release MSRP on Full: $1,499

Release MSRP on Axle: TBA

For the record, we are not in competition with the F Sport or Tanabe Axle Back systems

Carson Toyota / Lexus Parts will be launching the Group Buy details as soon as we're ready..

More details to follow..!!

Thanks

Joe Z
Old 03-11-14, 05:16 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Full CAT Back systems Confirmed in production now...

Release Date: TBA this month

Release MSRP on Full: $1,499

Release MSRP on Axle: TBA

For the record, we are not in competition with the F Sport or Tanabe Axle Back systems

Carson Toyota / Lexus Parts will be launching the Group Buy details as soon as we're ready..

More details to follow..!!

Thanks

Joe Z

Almost time for another new JoeZ exhaust ...woot!

Details on the GB will be up soon
Old 03-11-14, 05:38 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Ahh, I remember eagerly waiting for the GS cat-back to be released. Ready to hear more people join the dark side. I fall in love a little more every time I start up the engine.
Old 03-11-14, 06:22 PM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe Z

How about some dyno test with your intake and exhaust and maybe a combo price on both?????

Aloha,
Larry
Old 03-12-14, 02:49 PM
spotxc
Pit Crew

Bring it out already, I'm eagerly awaiting lol. It sounds great, hopefully it doesn't get annoying after awhile though...never had an exhaust before.
Old 03-12-14, 04:12 PM
KumaF
Driver

It sounds better than the F sport exhaust IMHO. I hope the axle back one would sound just as good. Can someone make a video to show how it sounds from inside the car? I really want to know if there is any cabin drone when cruising at 70 mph.
Old 03-12-14, 04:24 PM
F350
Pole Position

Will the midpipe be sold without the axle back for those who went ahed and got F-Sport axlebacks ?

Quick Reply: PTS - Joe Z series Full Exhaust • Production version install for RWD 3IS