Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ark Performance Exhaust Systems R&D

Old 02-06-14, 01:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Ark makes a really nice dual exhaust cat back for the Optima. quality and welds are top notch
Old 02-06-14, 09:13 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so development is done? i am over the drone..so like to give ark a try....how is the sound by the way on the prototype?
Old 02-07-14, 08:15 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neilvosko
so development is done? i am over the drone..so like to give ark a try....how is the sound by the way on the prototype?
It's coming guys! I'll be going back into the shop late Feb/early March to test it out. They're doing a great job removing the drone. I'll keep you guys posted. =)
Old 02-07-14, 09:16 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Haha of course more options coming after I just installed the F sport exhaust last night lol...looks great sub'd

14' Lexus IS 350 F Sport • Team Vossen • Vossen CVT 19" • RSR Down Springs • F Sport Exhaust • GReddy Intake • CF wrapped valve/radiator covers
Old 02-07-14, 09:23 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Haha of course more options coming after I just installed the F sport exhaust last night lol...looks great sub'd 14' Lexus IS 350 F Sport • Team Vossen • Vossen CVT 19" • RSR Down Springs • F Sport Exhaust • GReddy Intake • CF wrapped valve/radiator covers
stitch looks good man! how do you like the sound? i was thinking maybe the fsport or magnaflow.
Old 02-07-14, 09:36 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Originally Posted by larry13
stitch looks good man! how do you like the sound? i was thinking maybe the fsport or magnaflow.
I got the f-sport exhaust installed last weekend. I wish I had a go-pro to record it with while driving. It's not loud (unless you got WOT doing 5K+ RPMs, which combined with my takada makes my IS350 a very loud one), but it puts out a very distinctive growl. Even with the radio at a reasonable volume you can hear the purr in the cab.
Old 02-07-14, 09:38 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fastdak25
I got the f-sport exhaust installed last weekend. I wish I had a go-pro to record it with while driving. It's not loud (unless you got WOT doing 5K+ RPMs, which combined with my takada makes my IS350 a very loud one), but it puts out a very distinctive growl. Even with the radio at a reasonable volume you can hear the purr in the cab.
would love to hear it
Old 02-07-14, 10:12 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus F Sport all the way man!! I love it, it's exactly what I wanted has a mean growl and sounds awesome paired with the GReddy intake!

Originally Posted by fastdak25
Agree completely it's awesome!

14' Lexus IS 350 F Sport • Team Vossen • Vossen CVT 19" • RSR Down Springs • F Sport Exhaust • GReddy Intake • CF wrapped valve/radiator covers
Old 02-07-14, 10:15 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

the TRD one is only an Axle back. Toyota will never mess with the CATS. sorry to say but it sounds to airy. sounds good in the lows and not so good after 5K rpm...

IMHO...dont waste your money on an axleback...
Old 02-07-14, 10:20 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

would love to hear it
here's an example from Atomic's build thread:

Old 02-07-14, 02:29 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Sorry...not a fan of JUST another muffler slapped on. And the TRD one is expensive for JUST another muffler. =/

Here is a video of the GRIP exhaust on an STI. Its probably the most popular exhaust with the 350/370 guys and you can here why. I've been on this lift many times and can't wait to get back on for the final fitment test. I'll post a vid of the GRIP exhaust on the 3IS soon guys.

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-14, 03:58 PM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERY excited to hear what it will sound like, and i totally agree with you. I'd rather have a full system if i'm going to be spending over 1K regardless of make.
Old 02-07-14, 04:15 PM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait for the Ark exhaust, my brother has it on his 370z and it sounds amazing.

Is it going to be for the AWD version too?
Old 02-07-14, 05:40 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by r0shiro
I thought the 2IS version was never released? anyways...here is some good news...they are releasing the 2IS version now. Here are some pics...
the original one didn't look like that, and you're right it never was released because it was pretty bad.
Old 02-07-14, 06:33 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r0shiro
Sorry...not a fan of JUST another muffler slapped on. And the TRD one is expensive for JUST another muffler. =/

Here is a video of the GRIP exhaust on an STI. Its probably the most popular exhaust with the 350/370 guys and you can here why. I've been on this lift many times and can't wait to get back on for the final fitment test. I'll post a vid of the GRIP exhaust on the 3IS soon guys.

Grip Exhaust on STI example- YouTube
[/QUOTE]

Hey man, the sound is awesome and it does have this great sound that gives the car its sporty character. The problem is this kinda sound is generally expected and seen on higher tier sport vehicles. I am talking about Merc AMG, BMW M and Audi RS. Unfortunately our vehicles are not giving this type of performance. Why to mimic their sound when performance is not there? It kinda is an embarrassing feeling when I see a similarly sounding AMG flying next to me where I have no a single chance to catch up. This is why I think F-Sport Exhaust is just right sounding exhaust for this vehicle.

Last edited by salvadorik; 02-07-14 at 10:40 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ark Performance Exhaust Systems R&D