Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ark Performance Exhaust Systems R&D

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-14, 09:05 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey man, the sound is awesome and it does have this great sound that gives the car its sporty character. The problem is this kinda sound is generally expected and seen on higher tier sport vehicles. I am talking about Merc AMG, BMW M and Audi RS. Unfortunately our vehicles are not giving this type of performance. Why to mimic their sound when performance is not there? It kinda is an embarrassing feeling when I see a similarly sounding AMG flying next to me where I have no a single chance to catch up. This is why I think F-Sport Exhaust is just right sounding exhaust for this vehicle.[/QUOTE]

100% agreed F sport exhaust was tuned specifically for our car and I love it

14' Lexus IS 350 F Sport • Team Vossen • Vossen CVT 19" • RSR Down Springs • F Sport Exhaust • GReddy Intake • CF wrapped valve/radiator covers
Old 02-08-14, 06:53 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Hey man, the sound is awesome and it does have this great sound that gives the car its sporty character. The problem is this kinda sound is generally expected and seen on higher tier sport vehicles. I am talking about Merc AMG, BMW M and Audi RS. Unfortunately our vehicles are not giving this type of performance. Why to mimic their sound when performance is not there? It kinda is an embarrassing feeling when I see a similarly sounding AMG flying next to me where I have no a single chance to catch up. This is why I think F-Sport Exhaust is just right sounding exhaust for this vehicle.
100% agreed F sport exhaust was tuned specifically for our car and I love it

14' Lexus IS 350 F Sport • Team Vossen • Vossen CVT 19" • RSR Down Springs • F Sport Exhaust • GReddy Intake • CF wrapped valve/radiator covers[/QUOTE]

I guess to each their own. =)

the F-Sport Exhaust (f-sport anything) is an attempt to steal some of the aftermarket action. It's better than stock (sound only - all the restriction is still the same prior to the axle) but its just another muffler...nothing more. If you are not upgrading to a full catback AND retuning the ECU (most important after the install) then its just aesthetic. And don't get me wrong...ill be one of the first to jump on the TRD/F-Sport band wagon but i have my limits. When a muffler costs as much as a full cutback...then thats my limit.

the other ones are cool but the C-AMG? common...lol. it sounds like a high pitch lawnmower. the WORST stock exhaust I've ever heard...lol. stock wise...the G35 (coupe) exhaust takes the prize ... =)

full catback, NO DRONE, beautiful design...Ark ftw...
Old 02-09-14, 12:14 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

^ too bad can't tune this car
Old 02-09-14, 08:00 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reyoasian
^ too bad can't tune this car
my bad...i meant reset the ECU...lol. reset and a few of open throttle sessions and then dyne to prove it. =)
Old 02-15-14, 08:38 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will be the first to get the ark axel back once released. pm me for info....looking forward to the exotic sound.
Old 03-19-14, 10:20 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

so here we go again guys...round 2! I'm here at ARK performance HQ. this time around we have a pre-production version that I'll be able to drive around with. We are testing sound / drone / and fitment. I'll have some pics and sound clips up probably by the end of the day. =)
Old 03-19-14, 10:21 AM
larry13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r0shiro
so here we go again guys...round 2! I'm here at ARK performance HQ. this time around we have a pre-production version that I'll be able to drive around with. We are testing sound / drone / and fitment. I'll have some pics and sound clips up probably by the end of the day. =)
cant wait!!!
Old 03-19-14, 01:07 PM
Gonaddz88
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really excited to hear this
Old 03-19-14, 07:37 PM
AZCOSIS350
Driver School Candidate

Do you know the approximate HP/TQ increase with the ARK set up?
Old 03-20-14, 02:10 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

It looks heavy. How much weight is added with this system?
Old 03-21-14, 08:28 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gonaddz88
Really excited to hear this
I'll post a video by the weekend =) I'll include, revving, in cabin, and drive bys.

Originally Posted by AZCOSIS350
Do you know the approximate HP/TQ increase with the ARK set up?
we will dyno the vehicle one the final product is released. This is the first applicable prototype.

Originally Posted by Larry96815
It looks heavy. How much weight is added with this system?
not sure...we'll weigh the final product. the stock exhaust is extremely heavy though...id be surprised if this one is heavier. =)
Old 03-21-14, 02:46 PM
AZCOSIS350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks can't wait to see and hear the results.
Old 03-22-14, 06:55 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Here is a revving sample i made today of the Ark performance Lexus IS350/250 GRIP exhaust prototype. Recorded on a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition. I'll post different sound clips soon including drive by and in cabin. =)

Old 03-22-14, 07:02 PM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by r0shiro
Here is a revving sample i made today of the Ark performance Lexus IS350/250 GRIP exhaust prototype. Recorded on a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition. I'll post different sound clips soon including drive by and in cabin. =) Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlHAMTlW8mA
Sounds beast !! How come u get the prototypes ? :-( lol love it :-)
Old 03-22-14, 08:27 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

sounds really good

Quick Reply: Ark Performance Exhaust Systems R&D