Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JKS headers on Ebay (ppe clones)

Old 11-28-13, 09:36 AM
dmocchi
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKS headers on Ebay (ppe clones)

Anyone have experience with this company? These seem legit and are considerably heaper at 499$ than the ppe version.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-PPE-F-SPORT-RACE-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADERS-06-13-LEXUS-IS250-IS350-RWD-JDM-/281201717832?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item4178edb248&vxp=mtr
Old 11-28-13, 11:37 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Those don't look at all like PPE clones to me, they are way too short. The length of the primaries is where much of the power gain can come from so I wouldn't expect them to perform much like the real deal.
Old 11-28-13, 06:11 PM
Gville350

Received 426 Likes on 382 Posts

^Agreed! You'd be better off with a MUCH cheaper clone header like this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-09-LEXUS-IS250-2-5-LITER-V6-2-PIECE-DUAL-EXHAUST-HEADER-PIPE-STAINLESS-STEEL-/271321057669?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AIS250&hash=item3f2bfec985&vxp=mtr
Probably from the same Chinese factory!
Old 11-30-13, 09:05 AM
astromoose
Driver School Candidate

Wow, knock off headers... first time hearing about this. Are there any documented experiences with these clones? How do they perform compared to the real thing? I might be interested in one for my is350.
Old 12-01-13, 07:54 PM
jamespoco
Rookie

i think the OBX headers look closer to ppe...correct me if im wrong but ppe was design specifically for each engine so its not universal like
Old 12-01-13, 09:34 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^You are indeed correct. PPE headers are specific to the IS250 and IS350. The tube diameters are different. Though they are interchangeable as far as fit, the different diameter tubing is sized to be optimal for the engine displacement on which it's installed.

Lou
Old 12-31-13, 05:31 PM
SH4DY
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's funny that everyone keeps saying these headers are garbage because they're "not optimized" for a specific engine size. You know who else didn't "optimize" their headers for a specific engine? Toyota. If you look at Sewell's parts catalog, the IS250 (RWD) and IS350 headers are the same part number. Yes, I'm sure this had to do with ease of mass production to a degree, but I imagine had there been a significant difference they would have made two sets.
The point is, if you can get rid of the cats and help get heat out of the engine bay, even if you don't make double digit HP increases, that's still probably worth the $150.
And, if you look at the OBX long tubes, the only real difference I can see compared to PPE is the collector design. Yes, collector design is important but with the $450 you'd save you could get a mid-pipe, axle-back, a bunch of McNuggets... whatever you need to help the cause.

I wish more people would try these out. I may one day closer to spring....
Old 12-31-13, 05:39 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SH4DY
It's funny that everyone keeps saying these headers are garbage because they're "not optimized" for a specific engine size. You know who else didn't "optimize" their headers for a specific engine? Toyota. If you look at Sewell's parts catalog, the IS250 (RWD) and IS350 headers are the same part number. Yes, I'm sure this had to do with ease of mass production to a degree, but I imagine had there been a significant difference they would have made two sets.
The point is, if you can get rid of the cats and help get heat out of the engine bay, even if you don't make double digit HP increases, that's still probably worth the $150.
And, if you look at the OBX long tubes, the only real difference I can see compared to PPE is the collector design. Yes, collector design is important but with the $450 you'd save you could get a mid-pipe, axle-back, a bunch of McNuggets... whatever you need to help the cause.

Toyota wasn't concerned with squeezing every pony possible out of the engines either. PPE was.

It's usually true any aftermarket header is better than our stock, but without anyone dyno-ing these I wouldn't just assume it, and weld quality could be poor. I love my PPE's tho
Old 01-06-14, 07:14 PM
e46m3lol
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up a pair of catless headers today. Can't wait to get them installed!
Attached Thumbnails JKS headers on Ebay (ppe clones)-image-1228798681.jpg   JKS headers on Ebay (ppe clones)-image-392623285.jpg  
Old 01-06-14, 11:37 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SH4DY

you should try these out and let us know the results. PPE already did the r&d hence why the 250/350 headers are different for a reason

Originally Posted by heyarms
Toyota wasn't concerned with squeezing every pony possible out of the engines either. PPE was.

It's usually true any aftermarket header is better than our stock, but without anyone dyno-ing these I wouldn't just assume it, and weld quality could be poor. I love my PPE's tho
that is exactly it. toyota wasnt out trying to squeeze every ounce out of the motor, there isnt really any car maker that does from from the factory. its far more into extracting power than just a catless header. general quality alone is a big part and design. but then being in the turbo community as well you see all kinds of crap ebay parts that dont stand up to even stock level let alone good quality parts.

of course they are going to be cheaper, you are getting what you pay for in the end. hence why the ppe cost what they do
Old 01-07-14, 05:12 AM
JBLover
Pit Crew

Am I missing something? How can the 250 and 350 have the same or similar header if one is a 4 cylinder and the other is a 6?
Old 01-07-14, 05:36 AM
jgr7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JBLover
Am I missing something? How can the 250 and 350 have the same or similar header if one is a 4 cylinder and the other is a 6?
They are both V6 250 is 2.5L 350 is 3.5L.
Old 01-07-14, 07:12 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JBLover
Old 01-07-14, 06:41 PM
NOLAMike
Driver School Candidate

I would recommend getting the Cheap ebay headers ceramic coated...
Old 01-07-14, 06:57 PM
JBLover
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jgr7
They are both V6 250 is 2.5L 350 is 3.5L.
My bad, for some reason I always thought the 250 was a four banger. I am new to the IS and I am looking at a 350. I drive an LS430

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JKS headers on Ebay (ppe clones)