Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PERFECT IS250 AWD Exhaust Setup - ZERO Drone, Deep Tone

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-13, 04:17 PM
ataft86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much are you asking?
Old 11-25-13, 08:28 AM
shawnxjeon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ataft86
how much are you asking?

Hmm... 400? Retail is like 1600+ right?
Old 11-25-13, 08:38 AM
shawnxjeon
Driver School Candidate

I'll work with you on a price if your really interested
Old 09-04-14, 11:12 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no update from OP regarding sound clip?
Old 09-07-14, 11:08 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swift685
After struggling for weeks tinkering with my exhaust trying to produce a no drone deep true V6 sound I finally hit the mark.

Stage 1: F-Sport Axle Back (By itself = too much drone, too high pitched for the cabin of a luxury car DD)

Stage 2: Removed secondary cats - Replaced them with Vibrant 12" Bottle Resonators (More flow and more of a rifling V6 sound but still a lot of drone between 2500-3000)

Stage 3: Game changer - Replaced the single stock muffler resonator with a straight through 14" long 6" across Magnaflow muffler (3 mufflers in total you say? YES!)

The result is the way luxury sport sedan should sound. If you have a girlfriend, wife, kids or are just over the high pitched annoying exhaust bit. Do what I have done. Don't think about it, just do it.

Looking for options and appreciate your efforts on this. Having just taken a long road trip down through San Francisco to HWY 1 & back the buzzing of the exhaust when pressed got to be annoying. For example when passing it would sound like a chainsaw but as soon as you let off the gas it would go back it's regular purr. All fine and dandy. The sound really comes through behind the drivers and passengers seat while at the same time pretty much sawing through the beautifully enhanced ML system. Also one can if they pay attention this same buzzing will travel into the floor board vibrating near your feet. How is that good for a premier sound system?
Originally Posted by reyoasian
f-sport too much drone? maybe ur ears a little too overly sensitive
Not at all. My previous RX7 vert had a great sound even my wife liked. This road trip I got "the look" while driving and she has pointed out it's a little loud and I have to agree with her. It's not a muscular throaty sound. To much buzzing imho. may have to look at the RX for inspiration. It'll kill a little HP but having quiet mufflers and HP area an oxymoron I know. Can't have both.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-07-14 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-10-14, 07:12 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my fsport doesn't "buzz", maybe something is loose for yours
Old 04-30-16, 11:18 PM
murfman89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After struggling for weeks tinkering with my exhaust trying to produce a no drone deep true V6 sound I finally hit the mark.

Stage 1: F-Sport Axle Back (By itself = too much drone, too high pitched for the cabin of a luxury car DD)

Stage 2: Removed secondary cats - Replaced them with Vibrant 12" Bottle Resonators (More flow and more of a rifling V6 sound but still a lot of drone between 2500-3000)

Stage 3: Game changer - Replaced the single stock muffler resonator with a straight through 14" long 6" across Magnaflow muffler (3 mufflers in total you say? YES!)

The result is the way luxury sport sedan should sound. If you have a girlfriend, wife, kids or are just over the high pitched annoying exhaust bit. Do what I have done. Don't think about it, just do it.
You've put a lot of thought and effort into your system, glad it works for you.

I just added a custom Magnaflow axle back to my Invidia midpipe and think the drone inside is way to loud. I plan to add the stock pipe back, resonator, and cats back in a week or two and just have that with the Magnaflow. Thoughts?

I might add a F-sport intake as well, if the stock pipes to the Magnaflow don't offer enough deep tone feedback.

Thanks.

Mike
Old 05-01-16, 06:06 PM
Remch
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed
Can't tolerate any drone (had a lot of headaches by eliminating drone with the cat back of my previous car)
Old 05-10-16, 10:12 AM
pandes
Driver

I have straight pipe with no secondary cats and no resonator. makes less noise then when i had my hks with no resonator.
Old 05-12-16, 11:06 AM
svelt
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the point if you spend over 1K for the exhaust, and then spend additional money on quieting it? The resonators and mufflers would eliminate any performance benefits the exhaust provides and dampers the noise, so it's almost like you didn't install one at all... but over a grand poorer. If it's just for the look, wouldn't exhaust tips suffice for a lot less headache?
Old 05-26-16, 10:29 AM
IS3504life
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by svelt
What's the point if you spend over 1K for the exhaust, and then spend additional money on quieting it? The resonators and mufflers would eliminate any performance benefits the exhaust provides and dampers the noise, so it's almost like you didn't install one at all... but over a grand poorer. If it's just for the look, wouldn't exhaust tips suffice for a lot less headache?
Was thinking the exact same thing myself!
Old 09-09-20, 07:41 PM
DaddyMisha
3rd Gear

Default Magnaflow

What’s the part number for the magnaflow muffler you used?