Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Zircotec exhaust

Old 10-25-13, 10:47 PM
circuitt
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Coating vs. Exhaust Wraps

Here’s how they work—ceramic coatings & exhaust wraps help contain the gaseous heat within your exhaust pipes. This causes the gasses to heat up and expand. Since the exhaust gas is trapped within the system, it expands the only direction it can—out of the tailpipe. As a result, exhaust flow is boosted, allowing a rush of fresh air to enter the engine’s cylinders, increasing horsepower. Both ceramic coated headers and exhaust wraps improve horsepower, so let’s go over their pros and cons and see which one is best for you.

Anyone know if this would do much for an is350? or is this mainly for a turbo engine?

Last edited by circuitt; 10-27-13 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-28-13, 05:18 AM
balanced
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by circuitt
Here’s how they work—ceramic coatings & exhaust wraps help contain the gaseous heat within your exhaust pipes. This causes the gasses to heat up and expand. Since the exhaust gas is trapped within the system, it expands the only direction it can—out of the tailpipe. As a result, exhaust flow is boosted, allowing a rush of fresh air to enter the engine’s cylinders, increasing horsepower. Both ceramic coated headers and exhaust wraps improve horsepower, so let’s go over their pros and cons and see which one is best for you.

Anyone know if this would do much for an is350? or is this mainly for a turbo engine?
I'm not exactly sure that statement is entirelycorrect... the gas is trapped and it can escape out the end of of the tailpipe, but it also increases pressure at the other end (back pressure). What will that do? I'm not smart enough to know that, however, I do know that back pressures are calculated by the designer --and while they may not be "maximized" for horsepower; they are set up for the best "performance" as far as the designer is concerned. I think I'll leave mine alone, but I would like to hear further discussion on the topic.