Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation > Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Turbo or superchargers for the 2014 IS 350

Old 11-02-13, 10:07 PM   #16
John510
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

How much hp will intake, headers, exhaust, and a tune give a 350?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by John510; 11-02-13 at 10:17 PM..
John510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 09:23 AM   #17
bob4256
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

bob4256

Axle back exhaust: 5-7
Cat back exhaust: 7-10
Intake: gain or loss of anywhere between 1-5hp
Headers: 18-20
Tune: Doesn't exist
Custom supercharger: 50hp safety on 7 pounds of boost, but costs around $5000.

Engine is pretty much the same as the 2IS so that's what the above specs are based on. Different parts may be available later for the 3IS, but unless someone can crack the ecu, you won't make much more hp.

What's the cheapest (and smart way IMO) to gain power? Trade up to a 350 or ISF. You wanted to make big power? You bought the wrong car. Some people seem to be a bit butt hurt from my original comment. Not my fault that you didn't do sufficient research about aftermarket power support for the car. Don't get mad at me for giving you facts.

My Build Thread
bob4256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 07:12 PM   #18
byujakedmb
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4256 View Post
Axle back exhaust: 5-7
Cat back exhaust: 7-10
Intake: gain or loss of anywhere between 1-5hp
Headers: 18-20
Tune: Doesn't exist
Custom supercharger: 50hp safety on 7 pounds of boost, but costs around $5000.

Engine is pretty much the same as the 2IS so that's what the above specs are based on. Different parts may be available later for the 3IS, but unless someone can crack the ecu, you won't make much more hp.

What's the cheapest (and smart way IMO) to gain power? Trade up to a 350 or ISF. You wanted to make big power? You bought the wrong car. Some people seem to be a bit butt hurt from my original comment. Not my fault that you didn't do sufficient research about aftermarket power support for the car. Don't get mad at me for giving you facts.
Cheapest way to gain 50 hp over the is 350 is to buy an IS F? Right.... People are annoyed that great forums like this are filled with smart asses like yourself. Let's share ideas, explore the boundaries of the car, and get creative. A 50 shot of nitrous is no where near as expensive as an IS F. And if done right, its pretty dang safe. As stated before, I love the car I have. I don't want an IS F or I would have bought one. I just want some more hp on my car. If you dont have any helpful tips on how to do that, go annoy someone else. And no, buying a new car is not a helpful tip on how to increase hp on my car.
byujakedmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 08:02 PM   #19
bob4256
Lexus Champion

bob4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by byujakedmb View Post
Cheapest way to gain 50 hp over the is 350 is to buy an IS F? Right.... People are annoyed that great forums like this are filled with smart asses like yourself. Let's share ideas, explore the boundaries of the car, and get creative. A 50 shot of nitrous is no where near as expensive as an IS F. And if done right, its pretty dang safe. As stated before, I love the car I have. I don't want an IS F or I would have bought one. I just want some more hp on my car. If you dont have any helpful tips on how to do that, go annoy someone else. And no, buying a new car is not a helpful tip on how to increase hp on my car.
If you have a 250 upgrade to a 350.

If you have 350 upgrade to a ISF.

Upgrading a 250 to a ISF is obviously not the cheapest option, let's use some common sense here. I'm a smart *** because I have you pretty good advice. Explore the boundaries of the car? The engine is basically a direct carry over from the 2IS. Have you done any research? Obviously you haven't. If you did, maybe you would have seen the thread about others exploring different options, boosting, making custom cold air intakes, etc.

You asked a question, and I've given you tons of info you may have not found yourself. Do your research before getting butt hurt. I've been on the 2IS forums for about 3 years now and I know what's been done on the car, hence my previous posts. The 3IS doesn't have a completely different engine that's waiting to be explored.

I'm annoying you by giving you facts and advise? I didn't just give you a stupid sarcastic remark, I gave you FACTS. Grow a back bone

My Build Thread
Old 11-03-13, 08:30 PM   #20
F350
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

How about tuning with piggyback ECU modules ?
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 08:44 PM   #21
bob4256
Lexus Champion

bob4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
I believe a few boosted 2IS owners (if not all of them) have used a piggyback system. But since nobody can crack the ecu, you can't really make much power. Search around the 2IS forums, it's been done, but I don't think it's worth it IMO.

Someone has swapped a LS1 engine and obviously made more power. Not sure if a lot of the electronics in the car were working, I think he was using different gauges.

Someone has also swapped a 2JZ engine in, but it was very costly. The guy who did it (toyomoto) does engine swaps for a living. Said the labor alone would cost 30k.

My Build Thread
Old 11-03-13, 09:34 PM   #22
heyarms
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Heyarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350 View Post
Without lowering the compression and finding an additional way to add fuel, there is nothing much to gain (power wise, its not substantial) with a piggyback or an actual tune, boosted or not. You guys can search the 2IS forum for all these questions answered to see the very few boosted IS's and answers to these kind of questions. The 3IS may look different, but it has the same heart. Stewb10, Pepos and myself are the only boosted IS's left on the forums, and Pepos doesn't post anymore. We pretty much all have a build thread out there too.
PLX | STAGE 2 METH | STATUS RACING SPONSORED
heyarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 10:54 PM   #23
byujakedmb
Driver School Candidate

Anyone know the details of this system other than the rotrex c38-71? What else would be needed to make this compatible?
Old 11-10-13, 02:27 AM   #24
heyarms
Lexus Champion

Heyarms

Quote:
Supercharged Lexus IS350 - 358whp DYNO - YouTube

Anyone know the details of this system other than the rotrex c38-71? What else would be needed to make this compatible?
Thats "StewB10" on the forums, find his posts on the 2IS section. To boost the cars is about $5k worth of parts between supercharger, bracket, intercool and piping, BOV and miscellaneous clamps/couplers/belts. Stew i believe is running around 7psi on his setup, as i am too. He is on a custom 8 rib pullet setup, I'm on 6 rib but haven't had much of any belt slip issue.

The engine is pretty much fine to run 5-7psi on the stock ecu ( on a 2IS at least, should be same on 3IS, same engine and all), I've been on 7-7.5psi for a year now no problems on my 2009 is250. Search the 2IS section guys...
Old 11-10-13, 02:27 PM   #25
byujakedmb
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyarms View Post
Thats "StewB10" on the forums, find his posts on the 2IS section. To boost the cars is about $5k worth of parts between supercharger, bracket, intercool and piping, BOV and miscellaneous clamps/couplers/belts. Stew i believe is running around 7psi on his setup, as i am too. He is on a custom 8 rib pullet setup, I'm on 6 rib but haven't had much of any belt slip issue.

The engine is pretty much fine to run 5-7psi on the stock ecu ( on a 2IS at least, should be same on 3IS, same engine and all), I've been on 7-7.5psi for a year now no problems on my 2009 is250. Search the 2IS section guys...
Thanks for the info. Did you do the install yourself or did you go to a shop?
Old 11-14-13, 12:05 PM   #26
Timmah
Driver

hey arms I have the downpayment for the wheels. 20.00 down puts me at roughly $7.00 a month. let me know.
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-13, 12:27 PM   #27
heyarms
Lexus Champion

Heyarms

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Did you do the install yourself or did you go to a shop?
Me and a friend installed it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
hey arms I have the downpayment for the wheels. 20.00 down puts me at roughly $7.00 a month. let me know.
Lol Tim!! Just buy the Gnosis already!! I know you want them.
Old 07-20-14, 06:56 PM   #28
jkonquer
Rookie

I'm sure this has been asked before, but wasn't there several supercharger kit for last gen's is350's? if so, wouldn't a minor changes in piping will work on the 3is since its the same engine?
jkonquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-14, 09:30 AM   #29
hovik92
Driver

hovik92

Glue a leaf blower on your throttle body jk. I wish my car had more power
Old 07-29-14, 09:08 PM   #30
a790
Rookie

I think we all wish for more power... lol.
a790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-14, 09:08 PM