Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

contemplating with GReddy SP elite or EVO3

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-13, 10:04 PM
ptomista
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default contemplating with GReddy SP elite or EVO3

Hi CL, I'm new here so please pardon me. I am upgrading my Exhaust on my 2006 IS250 RWD and I'm contemplating between GReddy SP elite or EVO3... I'm not sure if EVO3 is a catback or axle(coz from what I'm reading catback gains more power than axle... Please correct me if I'm wrong)? I am thinking of pairing either one on Invidia mid-pipe and PPE header. I'm buying the exhaust on Monday (sept.16,2013) and I still don't know what to get. I want it to be loud but not too loud that I might get a fixing ticket.

Please, I need all your EXPERT advice and videos if possible.
Old 09-14-13, 08:45 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the SP and invidia on my 250..its not loud, but makes enough noise to make me love it when stepping in it yet quiet when cruising....the EVO3 is a little softer than the HKS but not by much...if you want noise then do with the EVO....if you want medium growl then SP..IMO... they both are sold as catbacks
Old 09-14-13, 10:16 AM
ptomista
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your input but I was wondering if it will make it even more louder when I put the PPE header? I've been seeing a lot of set up like yours on YouTube even the EVO but I haven't seen 1 with all 3 installed (header, midpipe and exhaust). I've seen 1 with a PPE, invidia and ksport, its too loud. Is ksport exhaust same as your SP?
Old 09-14-13, 11:22 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

both axleback

the exhaust alone, the sp elite is way too quiet but with an invidia midpipe bring it to life under WOT but still quiet when cruising
the exhaust alone, the evo3 sounds quite nice but drones quite a bit, not sure how it would sound with a midpipe definitely louder thought for that matter

the evo3 is still new (came out earlier this year) so you won't see many people have it

not many people have headers either because install is a big PITA but definitely headers will make it louder

never heard of ksport
Old 09-14-13, 02:55 PM
ptomista
Driver School Candidate

reyoasian, I'm sorry, I meant fsport exhaust. Do you think i'm gonna get a fixing ticket if I put my headers? This is the link that I was talking about. If Fsport and SP are almost the same, then EVO is gonna be hella loud. Am I right?

I need your opinion please. This video is already loud, what more for an EVO?
Old 09-14-13, 09:58 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

completely wrong

F-Sport is louder than EVO3 but the F-Sport has little to no drone
The SP Elite (or original burnt-tip SE) or the Tanabe MT are all super quiet, but sounds "decent" but not overly loud with a MP (Invidia, Megan, etc.)

The EVO3 I never heard it with a midpipe so cannot comment but the axleback itself is not what I would consider "loud" but definitely loudER than the SP, etc.

F-Sport I feel is louder than the EVO3 as in more crisp, and gets louder as you rev higher whereas the EVO3 exhaust tone kind of dies down after 4000RPM. I've heard the F-Sport with both Megan and Invidia midpipes in person. With the Megan is quiet until you WOT then it's very aggressive. With the Invidia it sounds pretty loud sounding just in everyday normal driving and when you WOT it gets VERY loud, with some rasp due to no secondary cat. It does sound super beast and kind of muscle but depending on where you are you can definitely attract a lot of police attention. Of course you can always argue it's an OEM exhaust that the dealership sells (as long as they don't check your car and find you have an Invidia midpipe and no secondary cat). With headers I feel the tone should be more high-pitched and possibly more rasp but I have no idea as I've never heard it in person. Youtube videos don't do justice, every video sounds different and real life sounds even more different.

From loudness I would rank them like this from loudest (only setups I've actually heard in person from the list of setups you've mentioned)
1. F-Sport + MP + Headers
2. F-Sport + MP
3. GReddy SP Elite + Midpipe
4. F-Sport
5. GReddy EVO3
6. Stock G37 exhaust
10. GReddy SP Elite

Last edited by reyoasian; 09-14-13 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-15-13, 12:12 AM
ptomista
Driver School Candidate

So based on the list that you gave me, which set up do you think I should go with? SP elite+MP+header or EVO3+MP+header? I live in California, in the heart of bay area.

And btw, what header do you think is better PPE or Megan? I only based it on price, the more expensive, the better. Can you give me more options and recommendations?
Old 09-15-13, 04:24 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

SP + MP + PPE if you really want headers (PPE) but all its going to do is make noise...a Civic SI will still beat a 250...unfortunately ....but it will still sound nice without the headers
Old 09-15-13, 06:21 PM
ptomista
Driver School Candidate

Thank you so much for your input. So I guess that ill have to buy the SP tomorrow but hopefully I won't regret it.. if you know some videos or links that has same set up as mine, would you mind sending it. Or.do you have a video of your set up?
Old 09-15-13, 07:28 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Unless you're going for performance, I wouldn't get headers....install is a big PITA and cost a lot
If you're going for SP then for sure you need a midpipe because that thing alone just sounds like a kid learning how to whistle
F-Sport I think is the best option overall....loud enough, aggressive sound, no drone
Old 09-16-13, 06:15 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ptomista
Thank you so much for your input. So I guess that ill have to buy the SP tomorrow but hopefully I won't regret it.. if you know some videos or links that has same set up as mine, would you mind sending it. Or.do you have a video of your set up?
PM me your number/ email and i'll prob make one later...
Old 09-16-13, 12:38 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7yqD...ature=youtu.be

Heres a video of my car when I first got it installed. Its a little quieter now that its broken in but still has a nice growl not sure how strict cali laws are but its not as loud as others here in NY.
Old 09-16-13, 12:39 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ forgot to mention that I also have a KN intake. so that probably adds to the loud factor