Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Beluga Racing Exhaust for GS 400?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-13, 11:03 AM
Sampak
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beluga Racing Exhaust for GS 400?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone's used or heard this exhaust and quality/fitment on our GS400's. Seems like an inexpensive bolt on plus they're located here in DFW where I am if I have any issues.

Considering many options but just ran across this on Craigs List by chance.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ptd/3939702380.html

As you can see, it gets rid of the stock 2 resonators and mufflers and replace that with what appear to be 2 straight through mufflers. I'm not a fan of fart cans nor giant tips but this looks somewhat in the 'ok' category. Thoughts? I've bought and used a no name eBay cat-back exhaust for my '09 Altima before and it worked flawlessly for 80k miles before it was damaged, so I know not all cheap options are trash.
Old 09-11-13, 03:20 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

That just looks like those top speed m2 exhausts they have on ebay
Old 09-11-13, 03:30 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AVSRacing
That just looks like those top speed m2 exhausts they have on ebay
LOL ok so I should have looked on ebay first. Yes these look just like those and I do not like the fart can look on those tips.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-11-13, 04:02 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I just need the front y-pipe for mine... getting a little noisy....
Old 09-12-13, 01:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

sampak if u do buy this I'm telling you now it's going to be loud. check YouTube for the M2 exhaust on GS400. it's really loud.

and Topspeed pro sells the y pipe separately with high flow resonators .

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 09-12-13, 10:30 AM
Sampak
Pole Position

Haha no I don't plan on getting this exhaust for the simple reason that it just looks too much like ricer status with those thin giant tips. I want a better classier look on my GS4 than that has to offer -- plus I'm not too sure on the loudness. I definitely like to hear the exhaust on my cars but nothing too obnoxious. Currently with the deleted mufflers I have a bit of drone otherwise it sounds alright -- I'm looking to get rid of the drone and get more of that V8 gurgling/blurb that's noticeable. The good ones I've heard (Apexi etc.) all cost an arm and a leg (well over $700-$1000) so I'm still looking around. Not a top priority though as I want to save some money for the timing belt and all that fun stuff first.

Last edited by Sampak; 09-17-13 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-12-13, 12:13 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Its certainly not for everyone but a a nice system is the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust.. Its a little pricey but worth it... I have the bLitz Nur Spec and those are larger cans much like the HKS mufflers... I have drone also with my setup but i love it.. sounds like a Mustang IMO...
Old 09-12-13, 02:35 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Its certainly not for everyone but a a nice system is the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust.. Its a little pricey but worth it... I have the bLitz Nur Spec and those are larger cans much like the HKS mufflers... I have drone also with my setup but i love it.. sounds like a Mustang IMO...
Nur Spec? I think there is only one video on youtube with a GS400 running that exhaust, and I've listened to it a couple of times, sounds decent. But why would you mention GS400 and dime a dozen Rustang in the same sentence?
Old 09-12-13, 05:47 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Sampak

Nur Spec? I think there is only one video on youtube with a GS400 running that exhaust, and I've listened to it a couple of times, sounds decent. But why would you mention GS400 and dime a dozen Rustang in the same sentence?
mustang sound with Lexus reliability lol.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 09-17-13, 10:38 AM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just looks too much like ricer status.
LOL

If this is "ricer status" i'll be a twin turbo 400whp ricer all day.
Old 09-17-13, 01:59 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SELFMade
LOL

If this is "ricer status" i'll be a twin turbo 400whp ricer all day.
Well, if its got the power then you can run whatever you want. If it's some hoopty running 5" quad tips that's obnoxiously loud and tastelessly modded with no performance to back it up, then you know what I said up there. As far as your picture goes, my statement sort of applies to the fact that those tips are just humungous and don't quite give the car a factory or clean look -- specifically the edges are not rolled, which is what I dislike. If they were rolled, it might actually look decent. That and the right side tip is hanging lower, but that would be my OCPD talking.

Last edited by Sampak; 09-17-13 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-17-13, 03:41 PM
SELFMade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

specifically the edges are not rolled, which is what I dislike. If they were rolled, it might actually look decent. That and the right side tip is hanging lower, but that would be my OCPD talking.
Yep this pic was taken the same day I installed, when removing the factory exhaust while doing my swap I misplaced one of the rubber donut hangers but its been replaced since then.

BTW for those others inquiring about the exhaust the fitment was perfect, had no issues, even with my custom 3'' down pipe and mid pipe. And this is the only 3'' cat back system for the MK2 as far as I know which is why I have it. Spent less money and got better performance in oppose to buying a 2.5" cat back for 800-$1000 for a 16-17psi car. They are not loud at all with a TT swap at least, even with me having no cats and test pipe, my friends JB4 335i with 2.75'' exhaust is much louder.

But sorry bro, being picky and not wanting to spend the $$ doesn't mix well, especially when it comes to owning a Lexus. Good luck!

Last edited by SELFMade; 09-17-13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-20-13, 11:17 AM
Sampak
Pole Position

Yep

But sorry bro, being picky and not wanting to spend the $$ doesn't mix well, especially when it comes to owning a Lexus. Good luck!
I understand your choice and sounds like it worked well for you, but an exhaust is an exhaust is an exhaust...in terms of money.

Here's my past example, 1 of few in which I spent less on eBay off-brand stuff which paid off. Nismo wanted $800+ for a 2.25" catback with crimps around the axles, just like the factory exhaust on my '09 Altima Coupe 3.5. Sounded good but that was it. Instead I spent $175 shipped for a complete 2.5" catback, no crimps, just mandrel bent polished stainless steel with a dual outlet muffler, +$200 for installation and adjusting/replacing the fugly tips with those of my choice. Total < $375. Lasted me 80,000 miles before a drunk driver rammed the car's muffler and bumper.

I'm merely trying to spend my cash wisely, just because it's a LEXUS doesn't mean I have to throw money at it for relatively common place components.

Last edited by Sampak; 09-23-13 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-10-13, 07:50 PM
00Formula
Rookie

Yep this pic was taken the same day I installed, when removing the factory exhaust while doing my swap I misplaced one of the rubber donut hangers but its been replaced since then.

BTW for those others inquiring about the exhaust the fitment was perfect, had no issues, even with my custom 3'' down pipe and mid pipe. And this is the only 3'' cat back system for the MK2 as far as I know which is why I have it. Spent less money and got better performance in oppose to buying a 2.5" cat back for 800-$1000 for a 16-17psi car. They are not loud at all with a TT swap at least, even with me having no cats and test pipe, my friends JB4 335i with 2.75'' exhaust is much louder.

I'm looking at this exhaust as well for my turbo swapped car as it's the only 3" exhaust I've seen, plus it's inexpensive. Good to know it's not too loud, as I'm just looking for something to get the exhaust out the back, and look somewhat stock. I might have to swap tips, but that's no big deal.
Old 11-22-13, 12:31 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 00Formula
I'm looking at this exhaust as well for my turbo swapped car as it's the only 3" exhaust I've seen, plus it's inexpensive. Good to know it's not too loud, as I'm just looking for something to get the exhaust out the back, and look somewhat stock. I might have to swap tips, but that's no big deal.
Turbo GS? Tired of your '00 T/A Formula?

Tips definitely could use a change on this particular exhaust, they look a bit cheesy (cheap) for the GS. Still debating on an axleback setup, the drone right now being muffler-less is kind of annoying sometimes.

Quick Reply: Beluga Racing Exhaust for GS 400?