Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Exhaust Suggestions for 2014 f-sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-14, 01:55 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the video

Old 03-18-14, 06:06 PM
markb3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of starting a new thread, however thought it would be pointless. I'll also add, I've never purchased an exhaust before on any car and don't know too much about them and don't want to get ripped off. I only know the basics..cat back is "better" theoretically since it replaces more parts of it, axle back is just pretty much the mufflers and a small pipe part..etc.. I know what/where the resonators are...I know an axle back is after the resonators...other than that I know nothing (correct me if I'm wrong on anything please).

I'm looking for an exhaust for my 3IS 350 AWD F Sport.

I took my car to a "reputable" muffler shop around here and the guy said that the mufflers look really short compared to previous IS models and aftermarket ones "probably won't fit." He pointed to his 2010 IS250 outside, so I figured he knows what hes talking about. Quoted me $1200 for a custom cat back, straight pipe with resonators...I didn't like that option (having no mufflers). His comment about the mufflers being short kind of alarmed me. I just went under my car and measured, the mufflers are approx 11.5 inches long from the biggest points. It looks like most aftermarket mufflers are about 14 inches. I don't see any issues with any muffler space, since I measured and it looks like its more than enough space to fit a 14inch (correct me if I'm wrong again). I'm wondering if that was just a tactic to get me to spend $1200 on 1 hour of work and stainless steel piping. Also, the obvious facts of knowing many people on this forum have AWD 350's with aftermarket exhausts.

I've also been reading many comments like "does it fit on AWD?" I'm wondering what the main difference between the AWD version vs RWD would be for exhaust options. Does this have to do with Cat Back exhausts only? If buying aftermarket, am I most likely looking at getting an Axle Back as a result of having the AWD? Or whats the deal with this question always being asked.

I guess these are my options:
-F Sport Axle Back Exhaust from the dealer...which is $1700 + tax here. Won't void any warranty.
-I found a magnaflow Axle Back for approx $950.
-Something else (cant find much info on any other exhaust on company websites.. for example I read lots that the HKS exhaust is nice sounding). Kind of annoying that most sites only show up to 2012 or 2013 for exhausts. I have no idea what to go by..

My goals: Nice, deep sounding exhaust that is loud, but not excessive. No/minimal drone is important. I think I can get better value and sound for cheaper (lets say the magnaflow). Saying that I am willing to pay for the Fsport one. Also looking for suggestions..should I just go with an axle back for convenience, even tho a cat back would probably be much better? Do you think it would be much better? etc..

HP gains and etc are not too important to me, more looking for the "sound" so maybe I'm answering my question in saying I should just get an Axle back? Although it would be nice if I could find some more info on hp gains. For example magnaflows site just says " Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound -Has A Smooth; Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last," ... however says nothing about any numbers.

Any suggestions (to which exhaust I should go with) and answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe if someone can run by again which ones are available for the 350 AWD? I've learned a lot about my car on these forums and am grateful for discovering Club Lexus. Thanks guys..
The following users liked this post:
Lexusnewb7 (04-18-17)
Old 03-18-14, 08:04 PM
nitrox05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by markb3
I was thinking of starting a new thread, however thought it would be pointless. I'll also add, I've never purchased an exhaust before on any car and don't know too much about them and don't want to get ripped off. I only know the basics..cat back is "better" theoretically since it replaces more parts of it, axle back is just pretty much the mufflers and a small pipe part..etc.. I know what/where the resonators are...I know an axle back is after the resonators...other than that I know nothing (correct me if I'm wrong on anything please).

I took my car to a "reputable" muffler shop around here and the guy said that the mufflers look really short compared to previous IS models and aftermarket ones "probably won't fit." He pointed to his 2010 IS250 outside, so I figured he knows what hes talking about. Quoted me $1200 for a custom cat back, straight pipe with resonators...I didn't like that option (having no mufflers). His comment about the mufflers being short kind of alarmed me. I just went under my car and measured, the mufflers are approx 11.5 inches long from the biggest points. It looks like most aftermarket mufflers are about 14 inches. I don't see any issues with any muffler space, since I measured and it looks like its more than enough space to fit a 14inch (correct me if I'm wrong again). I'm wondering if that was just a tactic to get me to spend $1200 on 1 hour of work and stainless steel piping. Also, the obvious facts of knowing many people on this forum have AWD 350's with aftermarket exhausts.

I've also been reading many comments like "does it fit on AWD?" I'm wondering what the main difference between the AWD version vs RWD would be for exhaust options. Does this have to do with Cat Back exhausts only? If buying aftermarket, am I most likely looking at getting an Axle Back as a result of having the AWD? Or whats the deal with this question always being asked.

-F Sport Axle Back Exhaust from the dealer...which is $1700 + tax here. Won't void any warranty.
-Something else (cant find much info on any other exhaust on company websites.. for example I read lots that the HKS exhaust is nice sounding). Kind of annoying that most sites only show up to 2012 or 2013 for exhausts. I have no idea what to go by..

My goals: Nice, deep sounding exhaust that is loud, but not excessive. No/minimal drone is important. I think I can get better value and sound for cheaper (lets say the magnaflow). Saying that I am willing to pay for the Fsport one. Also looking for suggestions..should I just go with an axle back for convenience, even tho a cat back would probably be much better? Do you think it would be much better? etc..

HP gains and etc are not too important to me, more looking for the "sound" so maybe I'm answering my question in saying I should just get an Axle back? Although it would be nice if I could find some more info on hp gains. For example magnaflows site just says " Lifetime Warranty, Dyno Tested And Proven To Make Power, Performance Gains In Horsepower And Torque, Great Sound -Has A Smooth; Deep Tone, Easy To Install, Mandrel-Bent. All Welded. Built To Last," ... however says nothing about any numbers.

Any suggestions (to which exhaust I should go with) and answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe if someone can run by again which ones are available for the 350 AWD? I've learned a lot about my car on these forums and am grateful for discovering Club Lexus. Thanks guys..
I bought the F sport exhaust at Sewell for around 1500$ CAD shipped including brokerage/duties and will get it install locally. Cheaper than buying from a Canadian dealer
Old 03-18-14, 08:41 PM
yycdave
Driver

$1695 is the sticker price (in Canada) from my dealer. Plus $139 labour.
Old 03-18-14, 10:58 PM
J-Velocity
Rookie

I came across this:

Any one know if the 2014 GS mid pipe is the same as the 2014 IS?
Old 03-19-14, 10:04 AM
viNz86
Rookie

I'm not exactly sure what is supported right now for AWD. I have read some talks in the JoeZ exhaust thread. Have you checked that out?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...r-rwd-3is.html

Here is a video of an FSport exhaust from a member build thread

Good luck, videos won't capture the exhaust tone but gives you an idea.
The following users liked this post:
Lexusnewb7 (04-19-17)
Old 03-22-14, 09:58 AM
markb3
Driver

I've watched several videos - F sport exhaust, magnaflow, GT Haus Miesterschaft (cat back), etc... they sound nice. Obviously its difficult to gauge over video how they sound relative to each other.

How loud is the F sport compared to others, lets say the magnaflow or anything else? I want my car to be much louder (not excessive) but on of the points on the F sport is making me think it is only a bit louder, nice sound, but nothing special --> "Provides acceptable exhaust sound in compliance with local sound limits" -Is that kind of what other companies abide by too, considering these are not "custom" exhaust, but rather branded ones?

I think I've settled on getting the Greddy Intake - and I'm considering these right now:
-Greddy Intake + F sport axle back
-Greddy Intake + magnaflow axle back
-Greddy Intake + Meisterscahft GTC full cat-back exhaust

-not really considering any of the other ones because there is almost no info on others

I found this thread Stitch posted - 350 + greddy + f sport and feel like I like it. Maybe if someone who has heard multiple exhaust setups side by side can address my questions about loudness against each other. The idea is if the Meisterschaft sounds "much better and louder" I'll pay the extra cash. I've heard the Meisterschaft on an ISF and loved it...obviously thats a V8 tho.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...st-videos.html
Old 03-22-14, 11:59 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've watched several videos - F sport exhaust, magnaflow, GT Haus Miesterschaft (cat back), etc... they sound nice. Obviously its difficult to gauge over video how they sound relative to each other. How loud is the F sport compared to others, lets say the magnaflow or anything else? I want my car to be much louder (not excessive) but on of the points on the F sport is making me think it is only a bit louder, nice sound, but nothing special --> "Provides acceptable exhaust sound in compliance with local sound limits" -Is that kind of what other companies abide by too, considering these are not "custom" exhaust, but rather branded ones? I think I've settled on getting the Greddy Intake - and I'm considering these right now: -Greddy Intake + F sport axle back -Greddy Intake + magnaflow axle back -Greddy Intake + Meisterscahft GTC full cat-back exhaust -not really considering any of the other ones because there is almost no info on others I found this thread Stitch posted - 350 + greddy + f sport and feel like I like it. Maybe if someone who has heard multiple exhaust setups side by side can address my questions about loudness against each other. The idea is if the Meisterschaft sounds "much better and louder" I'll pay the extra cash. I've heard the Meisterschaft on an ISF and loved it...obviously thats a V8 tho. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...st-videos.html
Hey Mark,

I personally love my F sport and GReddy combo but if you really want a louder exhaust then meisterchaft is the "loudest" by far. Personally I didn't want my car to be louder then it is fast. I didn't want people hearing my car sounding like I was hauling *** at 100mph to be only crossing the parking lot lol. The combo I have now provides just the exact sound I was looking for. Best of luck in your decision and research!
Old 03-22-14, 03:59 PM
markb3
Driver

Thanks Stitch. I'm likely leaning towards getting the F Sport exhaust now.

Anyone have a video of the sound of the fsport exhaust inside the car while driving & revving a 350? Curious to know how loud it is in cabin as well.
Old 03-22-14, 06:42 PM
yycdave
Driver

I haven't found one of those yet. I'm supposed to be getting the first F-Sport Exhaust in Canada (or so they tell me) and it's expected to enter the country April 10th. I'll make a video then if no one's done it before.
Old 03-22-14, 06:49 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a revving sample i made today of the Ark performance Lexus IS350/250 GRIP exhaust prototype. Recorded on a GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition. I'll post different sound clips soon including drive by and in cabin. =)

Old 03-22-14, 07:17 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Here's another short video of a full throttle drive by

Old 03-23-14, 10:50 AM
yycdave
Driver

Am I correct in assuming that new axle-backs will provide virtually no HP/torque improvements on the dyno?

Just sound improvements?
Old 03-23-14, 04:13 PM
pchuon3is
Driver School Candidate

bought my f sport exhaust from lexus of north miami on ebay. $1175 + Free Shipping. Shipping took 4 days. Love it !
Old 03-23-14, 09:08 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Here's a video of a quick in cabin sound clip of the Ark Performance IS350 GRIP exhaust prototype RWD. You will hear some minor fender lining rubbing. sounds worse than it really is... please feel free to fast forward through the stop lights. Hint - use your Mark Levinson system to play the video. Its almost identical to driving with the exhaust yourself

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions for 2014 f-sport