Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Headers + Exhaust + Intake... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-13, 10:20 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers + Exhaust + Intake... now what?

Okay so here are my performance mods

PPE HEADERS + JOE Z "RACE" EXHAUST + INTAKE
THE VOLK LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS + 2 PIECES ROTORS ON ALL CORNERS NOTIECEABLE REDUCE WEIGHT MAKING CAR QUICKER AS WELL

im not looking to turbo / supercharge / nos
but trying to see what would be the next worthy performance mod? any suggestions?
Old 05-07-13, 10:27 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peyman
Okay so here are my performance mods

PPE HEADERS + JOE Z "RACE" EXHAUST + INTAKE
THE VOLK LIGHT WEIGHT WHEELS + 2 PIECES ROTORS ON ALL CORNERS NOTIECEABLE REDUCE WEIGHT MAKING CAR QUICKER AS WELL

im not looking to turbo / supercharge / nos
but trying to see what would be the next worthy performance mod? any suggestions?
With out adding power, you can only make the car lighter to better your power/weight ratio.

Light Weight Battery, Sparco Seats(its crazy how heavy our seats are), not going to make a big difference but CF hood and trunk, taking out any after market audio set ups...etc etc.

Its crazy how well our cars react to weight loss. I gutted my car of everything except my driver seat(ask all the CL members that laughed me at the Pursuit Meet), I had my volk ce's as well, and I was a full second faster than stock IS350's with the same mods as you, and .3-.7 faster then modded 350's at the 1/8th.

Last edited by MiiK350; 05-07-13 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-07-13, 10:28 PM
509IS350
Lexus Test Driver

Water/methanol. Weight reduction/racing seats/spare tire/carbon hood/trunk. Just a few ideas.
Old 05-07-13, 10:40 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

if i were to get a carbon fiber hood, and have it painted gloss black... will the paint hold?
Old 05-07-13, 10:42 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MiiK350
With out adding power, you can only make the car lighter to better your power/weight ratio.

Light Weight Battery, Sparco Seats(its crazy how heavy our seats are), not going to make a big difference but CF hood and trunk, taking out any after market audio set ups...etc etc.

Its crazy how well our cars react to weight loss. I gutted my car of everything except my driver seat(ask all the CL members that laughed me at the Pursuit Meet), I had my volk ce's as well, and I was a full second faster than stock IS350's with the same mods as you, and .3-.7 faster then modded 350's at the 1/8th.
people laugh because they dont understand
if they just throw on some light weight wheels & see how it feels, they'd understand the need to pursue cutting weight
Old 05-07-13, 10:46 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

They weren't laughing in a negative way, more so I'm crazy in a good way.
Old 05-07-13, 11:37 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

yeah when it comes to modding for power its only so far you can go on these cars sadly. next to having to pony up the cash for forced induction. i was going to say a shot of nitrous but you dont want that route either
Old 05-08-13, 05:26 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MiiK350

lol i remember that at the Pursuit I'm looking forward to my swap to Status racing seats to see how much weight it reduces in the car.

people laugh because they dont understand
if they just throw on some light weight wheels & see how it feels, they'd understand the need to pursue cutting weight
No joke. I did the opposite... I have 355mm rotors that are HEAVY. I put them on and immediately felt the difference in a bad a way. I'm pretty sure my wheels are heavier than normal too, good thing I'm not trying to track it or anything, just turn heads

You could do a shot a nitrous. A friend did that on his and loved it, had no problems.... But you say you dont want to do it. I think youre at the end of the line then besides weight reduction!

Last edited by heyarms; 05-08-13 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-08-13, 07:01 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

Has forced induction been figured on these cars? Last I checked the ECU couldn't be tuned let alone tuned to handle forced induction....

Right now I got a stock 350 so I'm trying to find great deals on Midpipes and CaI for first mods
Old 05-08-13, 07:39 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PetesSweet
Has forced induction been figured on these cars? Last I checked the ECU couldn't be tuned let alone tuned to handle forced induction....

Right now I got a stock 350 so I'm trying to find great deals on Midpipes and CaI for first mods
You can supercharge the IS but its very limited. Only a few members are on boost.

OP: What I dont get is why go through all of the time and money to make the 2IS just a little bit faster? Im all for being unique and original (if thats what your going for) but if you really wanted to go fast, couldnt you have gotten another performance friendly car? I mean you bought all of these "performance mods" plus the bbks and volks so you could have easily upgraded to another car. I also see that others in this thread even remove a bunch of stuff from their interior to save weight and added racing seats. To me it seems pointless because at the end of the day this car will not go as fast as all of these mods make it seem.

I see stripped interior and racing seats / roll cages in a 350Z or Miata and I see the purpose. Then I see similar things done to the 2IS and all I can think is
Old 05-08-13, 08:12 AM
PetesSweet
Pole Position

I think a supercharger would be a fun maybe, but I can accept this car is no LS1 or 2JZ, so think this would be a fun car to have 300-400whp.

My last mod car, the 2013 Hyundai genesis coupe v6 made 306whp in 5th gear and 271wtq with intake, cat delete, intake, and a full suspension overhaul so getting the IS close to hat or higher I would be happy.

Also I can accept there will always be faster cars, but I old like to show creativity besides an engine swap
Old 05-08-13, 08:33 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bob4256
You can supercharge the IS but its very limited. Only a few members are on boost.

OP: What I dont get is why go through all of the time and money to make the 2IS just a little bit faster? Im all for being unique and original (if thats what your going for) but if you really wanted to go fast, couldnt you have gotten another performance friendly car? I mean you bought all of these "performance mods" plus the bbks and volks so you could have easily upgraded to another car. I also see that others in this thread even remove a bunch of stuff from their interior to save weight and added racing seats. To me it seems pointless because at the end of the day this car will not go as fast as all of these mods make it seem.

I see stripped interior and racing seats / roll cages in a 350Z or Miata and I see the purpose. Then I see similar things done to the 2IS and all I can think is
I do it all for car shows. Sure I'm boosted, but I'm also bagged... and its an IS250. It's all to be different and stand out, and i love the car and what i've done to it.

Originally Posted by PetesSweet
I think a supercharger would be a fun maybe, but I can accept this car is no LS1 or 2JZ, so think this would be a fun car to have 300-400whp.

My last mod car, the 2013 Hyundai genesis coupe v6 made 306whp in 5th gear and 271wtq with intake, cat delete, intake, and a full suspension overhaul so getting the IS close to hat or higher I would be happy.

Also I can accept there will always be faster cars, but I old like to show creativity besides an engine swap
You should boost then
Old 05-08-13, 11:04 AM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bob4256

:
here is my reason: for years ive been dealing with forearm/elbow related injuries on both arms, i used to own a 05 GTO and the steering was too tight for me, my hands couldnt tolerate it, so i moved on to a 08 g37, as my condition got worse, i couldnt drive that anymore either, thats why i got a is350... it was the only car with decent speed yet takes very little effort to control the steering wheel.

also im happy with the speed of my car right now.... i dont need a 400+ car, i just enjoy modifying my car and making it different than other isx50's around.

i said i wasnt down for turbo, supercharger or nos because all i ever hear about those are people having constant problems. it never runs smooth consistantly from what i hear so its not worth the trouble.

thanks for everyones answer: weight savings is the way to go, and maybe ill focus more on exterior mods now
Old 05-08-13, 11:43 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

here is my reason: for years ive been dealing with forearm/elbow related injuries on both arms, i used to own a 05 GTO and the steering was too tight for me, my hands couldnt tolerate it, so i moved on to a 08 g37, as my condition got worse, i couldnt drive that anymore either, thats why i got a is350... it was the only car with decent speed yet takes very little effort to control the steering wheel.

also im happy with the speed of my car right now.... i dont need a 400+ car, i just enjoy modifying my car and making it different than other isx50's around.

i said i wasnt down for turbo, supercharger or nos because all i ever hear about those are people having constant problems. it never runs smooth consistantly from what i hear so its not worth the trouble.

thanks for everyones answer: weight savings is the way to go, and maybe ill focus more on exterior mods now
solid reasons, glad you ended up with a Lexus too.

for what its worth, I daily my boosted IS250 (my only car) and it has about 10,000 miles on it. No problems, just change the supercharger oil every 6k miles. My friend that runs/ran nos never had issues either. I understand your concern making the car more prone to problems though, it had me worried for a while.

Good luck, enjoy whatever route you take.
Old 05-08-13, 02:51 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms
solid reasons, glad you ended up with a Lexus too.

for what its worth, I daily my boosted IS250 (my only car) and it has about 10,000 miles on it. No problems, just change the supercharger oil every 6k miles. My friend that runs/ran nos never had issues either. I understand your concern making the car more prone to problems though, it had me worried for a while.

Good luck, enjoy whatever route you take.
lol im still scared. my friend used to have a is300... supercharged it, always running into issues, then put a turbo... always had problems. eventually he blew up his engine. it wasnt my car however it traumatized me

u know, its funny how ppl come here and say " you should have just got a faster car "
does that mean anytime someone wants to do a performance mod they shouldnt because they could have gotten a faster car? then you might as well never mod for speed because there are cars out there that are faster. come on guys ... thats lame

Quick Reply: Headers + Exhaust + Intake... now what?