Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NA-T Guys need your help! (AEM FIC)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-13, 01:33 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation NA-T Guys need your help! (AEM FIC)

Hello from the 2GS section

So I just finished my NA-T install on my 03 GS. I'm in need of some help with calibrating and tuning my FIC6. I'm hoping someone here could answer questions I have.

Thanks for your time!
Mike
Old 05-08-13, 07:23 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

only answer you need... toss the FIC and go EMS...

you will fight and fight until you can't stand it, then realize that an FIC is only a bandaid...

even if tuned properly, the factory computer will attempt to recorrect whatever you tuned with the FIC and give you crazy AFR's at random...

I, too, thought people were crazy, having tuned a huge number of cars with AFC's, Emanages, and similar... that was until this car... The factory computer is just too controlling and the only way around it is to reset the factory ECU dang near every single time you start the car, else worry about super rich or lean AFR's...

That being said, what questions did you have?
Old 05-12-13, 08:53 AM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I thinks that's my big question..

I went on a street tune session with a good friend, who is new to FIC but very familiar with EMS. We would tune it to target afr and it would last maybe one or two light pulls before resetting. I can't seem to keep it from resetting the tune...

Last edited by Revive; 07-04-14 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-12-13, 09:42 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by Revive
I thinks that's my big question..

I went on a street tune session with a good friend, who is new to FIC but very familiar with EMS. He would tune it to target afr and it would last maybe one or two light pulls before resetting. I'm kinda lost on how to keep it from resetting the tune..
Sucks, but there is no permanent, correct way around it... two options, buy dezods aem ems kit, or wire in one custom because there are no direct pnp kits for is/gs with drive by wire and a computer controlled dash... nor trasmission control... I documented how to make any aem ems work on these cars, I can help if ya'd like...
Old 05-25-13, 11:11 AM
tay546
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like he said above toss the fic. That was the biggest mistake I made with my na-t is300..anytime the weather changed around me I had to re tune it..if it was hot retune..cold retune.. in another state retune...and its because the factory ecu overwrites it....i took my is to get tunned and it took them 12hrs because the stock ecu would keep over powering the fic.....defiantly toss it and go with an ems (aem v2 is an excellent ems )
Old 06-10-13, 08:16 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed the FIC is nothing but a headache and only a few ppl was able to get them to be tuned 100%. My tune would be dead on one day and the next day the af would be off and car running like crap. It was night and day. I plan on ditching the fic and going with a full standalone.
Old 06-20-13, 10:01 PM
albert9207
Driver School Candidate

Map ecu should be easier to tune if ur on budget and don't wanna spend that money on a standalone(AEM)

Doesn't the FIC comes with a base map so u can have it drivable and take it to someone to tune or calibrate?
Old 03-20-16, 09:43 AM
RedlineSER
Driver School Candidate

how about the EMU? will that be way better then the FIC and almost as good as a standalone for low boost like 12lbs
Old 03-20-16, 03:53 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by RedlineSER
how about the EMU? will that be way better then the FIC and almost as good as a standalone for low boost like 12lbs
Lots of headache but some have been able to get it to run reasonably well at low power levels and small injectors

for what you get, there is no beating the value of a real standalone