Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need Opinions on Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-13, 08:38 AM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need Opinions on Exhaust

First off, I drive a 2006 IS250, as I call it the turtle car.
I bought my first exhaust back in April of last year, which was a M2 Exhaust. I loved the sound, but the quality was HORRIBLE. The quality of the build was just not cutting it. It was the hardest thing to clean, and needed to be polished like every other week. I love the shiny exhaust look, but the M2 just didn't offer it. About four months ago, I upgraded to the F Sport exhaust, and thought about why not going louder? Got the F Sport paired with Invidia Midpipe. Man, best sounding exhaust. You can hear my driving down the street about two blocks away, and of course there is almost NO DRONE!
Anyhow, I am looking for a new set up.

Here is the catch.
My old M2 exhaust BURNT and MELTED my JP rear lip. I'm guessing it was because of the horrible quality of the medal. The F Sport did not on the other hand. I really love the F Sport design as it sticks out more than the other exhausts. Since I have the rear lip, it covers about an inch more than the stock bumper, which is why I am asking for advice.
Which exhaust do you guys recommend that goes along with the JP Vizage rear lip OR the myryde rear lip and WONT burn or melt the bumper?
As far as looks, I like the F sport look, and really dislike the HKS look.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-13, 11:01 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Cant say about burning your bumper, but you can look into the Greddy SP2 / SE. Those are quiet compared to the Fsport tho. And you mentioned you dont like the look of the HKS so you would not like the round canisters of the Greddy Evo3.

Pretty much every other option you have is going to be quieter....not sure if you want that
Old 04-25-13, 11:47 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep the FSport
149MAX just went from FSport/Megan to FSport/Invidia..............dam, dat sound
Old 05-06-13, 01:10 PM
yammy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're changing your set up due to that cop encounter/ticket right? I would recommend Greddy for quieter and Joe Z full exhaust system for something on the same level as F Sport + Invidia