Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-sport intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-13, 08:11 AM
Is250orFJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-sport intake

Need some opinions.. I'm in New Orleans are looking for an fsport intake for my 07.... Any suggestions or anyone have one for sale??
Old 04-20-13, 08:17 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you search? There are tons of threads about intakes. And look in the classifieds if your looking to buy a used one
Old 04-20-13, 08:26 AM
Is250orFJ
Driver School Candidate

Yea I searched but I'm relatively new to the forum so still not that good at maneuvering. U know anything about the f sport springs?
Old 04-20-13, 09:13 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Is250orFJ
Yea I searched but I'm relatively new to the forum so still not that good at maneuvering. U know anything about the f sport springs?
Fsport intake:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...for-is350.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-cold-air.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ggestions.html

Fsport springs:

Ill keep it simple, dont buy them

This is my personal opinion (and I dont know how low your planning to go) but when people say "Oh I dont want a big drop, just something small so Im going to get Fsport springs" I feel bad for them. They barely drop the car 1 inch all around, and if you have the sport package on your IS already, then it will only drop the car about .5 inches.
Old 04-20-13, 10:35 AM
Is250orFJ
Driver School Candidate

Hahaha nice I've got a friend with the same car with a pro kit n were supposed to swap struts/springs when his cars out the paint shop because he's going to coil overs I was just curious though i see a lot of guys posting about em.... How do I know I my car has the sport pack? Sounds dumb but I'm new to the lex world haha
Old 04-20-13, 10:41 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Hahaha nice I've got a friend with the same car with a pro kit n were supposed to swap struts/springs when his cars out the paint shop because he's going to coil overs I was just curious though i see a lot of guys posting about em.... How do I know I my car has the sport pack? Sounds dumb but I'm new to the lex world haha
Cant help you there unfortunately, mine is a base model so I dont know.

Long story short, make sure you know what you want when it comes to lowering the car. I was thinking about springs but am very happy that I decided on coilovers. At first I wanted a simple drop, and now Im tucking tire on 20s.

Do it once and do it right
Old 04-20-13, 10:43 AM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Hahaha nice I've got a friend with the same car with a pro kit n were supposed to swap struts/springs when his cars out the paint shop because he's going to coil overs I was just curious though i see a lot of guys posting about em How do I know I my car has the sport pack? Sounds dumb but I'm new to the lex world haha
You have an 07 so you probably don't have the sport package. Correct me if I am wrong guys but it came out in later years like 2010. You will see an f-sport badge on the side of your car and has diffent body looks than other Isx50 models. I have heard of great reviews with pro-kit but if u can be patient then get coilovers.
Old 04-20-13, 10:54 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by azfsprt
You have an 07 so you probably don't have the sport package. Correct me if I am wrong guys but it came out in later years like 2010. You will see an f-sport badge on the side of your car and has diffent body looks than other Isx50 models. I have heard of great reviews with pro-kit but if u can be patient then get coilovers.
Sport package is not the same as the fsport package
Old 04-20-13, 01:35 PM
diverchris
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check for lexus adds on eBay
Old 04-20-13, 03:18 PM
yungsters
Rookie

Originally Posted by azfsprt
Every year had a Sports Package, but they name of it changed over the years. I know because I have a 2006 Sports Package.

The earlier years' Sports Package did not have the F-Sport badging because there was no F-sport, yet. Here's a snapshot of the label for my car that lists what the package included: http://imgur.com/IEyaKw9 (sorry for the rotation, iPhone...)
Old 04-20-13, 11:33 PM
azfsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by yungsters
Every year had a Sports Package, but they name of it changed over the years. I know because I have a 2006 Sports Package.

The earlier years' Sports Package did not have the F-Sport badging because there was no F-sport, yet. Here's a snapshot of the label for my car that lists what the package included: http://imgur.com/IEyaKw9 (sorry for the rotation, iPhone...)
Interesting because when i was searching on autotrader for the older years of the IS it only showed base or luxury only the later years 2010 started showing a sport. Cool thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-21-13, 09:10 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

call up lexus with ur vin
Old 04-22-13, 12:00 PM
Is250orFJ
Driver School Candidate

It's got everything but heated seats and navi... And it's got the 18" wheels... I have a friend who works for Lexus so I'm going to have him look into it. Thanks guys I appreciate all the help... And I have no desire to be lower then 2" hahah my wheels are a bit higher offset then I expected so I would have to stretch my rear fenders to go lower n that wing gonna happen hahaha
Old 04-22-13, 01:22 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yungsters

Other than the pedals and suspension the "sport package" and F-sport package bear little resemblence to each other.

The "real" sport package ran through 2010 and included everything the luxury package did except woodgrain, illuminated front door sills and the rear sunshide... but ADDED the sport suspension and sport pedals.

The F-sport package drops all the genuinely useful items in the real sport package except the suspension, and instead replaces them with badges and cosmetic items.

Anyway to the OP, if you don't have memory seats you don't have the sport package.

Now, that doesn't mean you don't have the sport SUSPENSION... because 07-09 also offered the X package... which is honestly nearer the F-sport package- Sport suspension, sport pedals, and some cosmetic differences... but lacking all the extras of the real sport package (like memory seats, rain sensing wipers, power tilt steering, etc...)