Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2010 Lexus IS350 Exhaust/Intake Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-13, 04:26 PM
sharpusa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2010 Lexus IS350 Exhaust/Intake Recommendations

Hello dear clublexus.com members.

I just bought a 2010 Lexus IS350, for my daily driver for work. I drive virtually every day in the city 80% and 20% freeway.

I want to purchase an exhaust and intake, maybe you will recommend just the exhaust and not the intake please tell.

The #1 main goal is no drone or very little as I'm driving daily, especially in the freeway. What exhaust will you recommend for me?

I listened to some clips on youtube, the JoeZ, F-Sport, and Greddy Sp2 Sound Great! I would like to hear the recommendations from others who had these exhausts or other exhausts in that manner for their IS350. Also any intakes you recommend. Any clips you have feel free to post a youtube link to it.

I'm an older guy (60years) but would like to have a nice tone as I drive around town..

Is the F-sport exhaust and f-sport intake a good combo? Will I have a nice sound around town? Without a headache?

Thank You!
Sharp

Last edited by sharpusa; 03-02-13 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-02-13, 08:13 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the F-sport exhaust/intake combo. I drive it everyday and the drone is only noticeable if you rev higher than 2k RPM. Love the sound when I floor it and the muffler tips are nice and shiny, beautiful even when parked. I bought this combo cause it is CARB legal and I also live in California. My only complain is that it is a bit pricey, but I was willing to shell out that much for these mods cause I don't want any replica parts.

Old 03-02-13, 08:22 PM
sharpusa
Driver School Candidate

Josh,

Thanks for the videos, sounds great! I just ordered a brand new F-Sport intake from ebay for $290.00

I will start with the Intake, and see how it goes.. It sure sounds great!
Old 03-02-13, 08:49 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

I did the same thing intake first. With the intake alone, it runs quiet like OEM until you floor it around 3.5k -4.5k RPM. gives a nice throaty sound. after 2 months I bought the F-sport exhaust.
Old 03-02-13, 08:50 PM
sharpusa
Driver School Candidate

Great, this will be good to see how things go..
Old 03-03-13, 01:24 PM
FordGT08
Driver

Originally Posted by Joshohoho
I have the F-sport exhaust/intake combo. I drive it everyday and the drone is only noticeable if you rev higher than 2k RPM. Love the sound when I floor it and the muffler tips are nice and shiny, beautiful even when parked. I bought this combo cause it is CARB legal and I also live in California. My only complain is that it is a bit pricey, but I was willing to shell out that much for these mods cause I don't want any replica parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD6ZxU78log
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tq1nFBl2U
Car sounds sick! I have an HKS exhaust and just ordered my F-sport intake.
Old 03-04-13, 04:55 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the F-sport exhaust/intake combo. I drive it everyday and the drone is only noticeable if you rev higher than 2k RPM. Love the sound when I floor it and the muffler tips are nice and shiny, beautiful even when parked. I bought this combo cause it is CARB legal and I also live in California. My only complain is that it is a bit pricey, but I was willing to shell out that much for these mods cause I don't want any non OEM parts.
Fixed that for you.

OP, since you mentioned your older and dont want too much drone, I would look at the Tanabe or Greddy SP2 exhaust. The Fsport may be too loud.

It all depends on what "loud" is to you. To me its very quiet, but others say its loud
Old 03-04-13, 01:50 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bob4256
Fixed that for you.

OP, since you mentioned your older and dont want too much drone, I would look at the Tanabe or Greddy SP2 exhaust. The Fsport may be too loud.

It all depends on what "loud" is to you. To me its very quiet, but others say its loud
I really meant replica. I'll buy authentic aftermarket parts but I won't go for replicas.
Old 03-04-13, 01:57 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

I really meant replica. I'll buy authentic aftermarket parts but I won't go for replicas.
Were you talking about $40 eBay intakes or legit aftermarket ones?
Old 03-04-13, 02:00 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Joe Z intake pipe,F-Sport air filter and Tanabe exhaust in a '10 IS350 I owned.
I loved that combo.
Old 03-04-13, 04:08 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

Were you talking about $40 eBay intakes or legit aftermarket ones?
Legit aftermarket ones. when I say I won't buy replica, if I can't afford the authentic parts I'll leave it OEM and not mod it.
Old 03-04-13, 05:44 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Legit aftermarket ones. when I say I won't buy replica, if I can't afford the authentic parts I'll leave it OEM and not mod it.
I understand what you mean, but legit aftermarket parts aren't replicas. Varrstoen wheels are replicas. An exhaust made by Greddy is not a replica, even though its not OEM.
Old 03-04-13, 06:07 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

I understand what you mean, but legit aftermarket parts aren't replicas. Varrstoen wheels are replicas. An exhaust made by Greddy is not a replica, even though its not OEM.
Woah. rewind. I just said I was willing to put money on the F-sport and I didn't want any replica parts even though a replica would sound the same. I never said any particular aftermarket brand/part was a replica.
Old 03-04-13, 07:10 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Woah. rewind. I just said I was willing to put money on the F-sport and I didn't want any replica parts even though a replica would sound the same. I never said any particular aftermarket brand/part was a replica.
You said you were willing to pay extra for the more expensive Lexus parts because you don't want to put replica parts on your car right? I was thinking that you meant that anything non Lexus (Greddy exhaust for example) was a replica. Or am I going crazy?
Old 03-04-13, 07:57 PM
Joshohoho
Lead Lap

You said you were willing to pay extra for the more expensive Lexus parts because you don't want to put replica parts on your car right? I was thinking that you meant that anything non Lexus (Greddy exhaust for example) was a replica. Or am I going crazy?
I can't believe i'm explaining it, but you completely misread/misunderstood what i typed.

"Originally Posted by Joshohoho"

- Pricey as in the F-sport being pricey cause Lexus and Sewell can.
- I didn't say anything about Greddy or anything non-Lexus being a replica.
- I see what you mean you aren't goin crazy, just misread it.