Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Adjusting clutch engagement? Or slave cylinder/Master wont shift when on

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-13, 01:10 PM
is3t
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adjusting clutch engagement? Or slave cylinder/Master wont shift when on

Hi guys,
I just installed a Clutch masters stage 1 in my car
currently the issue is it wont shift in any gear when on.
Seems like the clutch is not fully disengaging. I can feel the car jerk a little forward while starting
I have a feeling its the clutch not fully disengaging.

Does some one have a diagram of the steps need to adjust the pedal?
I see the rod connected to the MC which is where i assume it is to be adjusted.
But does it go in more or out? the clutch pedal travel will the same so will it actually even help?

The neutral safety switch is still in the way of the rod and so is clutch switch
any input would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Old 02-08-13, 03:31 PM
is3t
Rookie

The whole clutch system has been bled.
Not too much better
Now it can Get into second Third and forth Very choppy

but not first or reverse.. Any ideas to rectify this issue?
Old 02-08-13, 08:07 PM
AZTurbo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a release bearing. As long as you refilled the tranny fluid you should be fine. You can only bleed the system since I is hydraulic I don't think there is a pedal adjustment. Most pedal adjustments are for cable type transmissions.
Old 02-09-13, 06:03 AM
is3t
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZTurbo
Sounds like a release bearing. As long as you refilled the tranny fluid you should be fine. You can only bleed the system since I is hydraulic I don't think there is a pedal adjustment. Most pedal adjustments are for cable type transmissions.
Release bearing??? Like the tob? What could be wrong
Old 02-14-13, 09:20 AM
thatPOLISH
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you gotta adjust the master cylinder rod under the dash. should be a 10mm nut where it connects to pedal rod loosen it then turn the rod by hand left will give more pedal. every car ive changed a clutch in always needs ajusted to my likin
Old 02-15-13, 05:53 PM
tonynca
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the service manual, it explains all about adjusting the clutch and how much play you should have. Just make sure you have 1-5mm of initial rod play on the pedal, then another half inch of play after that before you start feeling resistance from the pressure plate.

Adjusting the clutch is a balance of pedal height, engagement point and pedal play. If you don't have enough play, raise the pedal. Adjusting the rod will move your engagement point, while adjusting the pedal will move your max range.

After all the adjustments and you feel that you're set on adjustments, do a real engagement test by lifting the rear wheels on jack stands then slowly release the clutch until the wheels start spinning. (BE CAREFUL PUT SOME STOPS ON THE FRONT WHEELS) That's your true engagement point. If you're pressing the pedal all the way in and the wheels are spinning, raise the pedal and turn the rod pedal anti-clockwise.

I know all this sounds confusing but get the service manual and see how it's done.