Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte vvti into a 00 lexus gs300 wiring help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-13, 12:38 AM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte vvti into a 00 lexus gs300 wiring help!!

can someone please tell me where this grey plug plugs into??

Last edited by Duymaista; 01-15-13 at 12:39 AM. Reason: wrong url
Old 01-15-13, 12:58 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Let it hang. don't need it if your running the aristo ecu.
Old 01-15-13, 04:19 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

cool thanks!!! and also the empty spot theres supposed to me nothing there right?
Old 01-15-13, 05:14 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Duymaista
cool thanks!!! and also the empty spot theres supposed to me nothing there right?
right..

I see the black cap is still on the chassis harness beside the orange one, make sure you install the jdm orange and grey terminator caps that should have come with your swap, and remove the orange and black ones that were stock.
Old 01-16-13, 02:52 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

sweet!!! now i get what they are saying about the shift lock problem!! Start right up first try shift smooth and idle fine.

thanks again.

But now a problem. when i started to boost it cut and started to have a bouncy idle and and would stall. i saw that my intercooler clamp fell off. so i re adjusted it and the idle got a little better until i pushed on the gas and stalled. NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. when i had the key on engine off i heard the tps making noise so i unplugged it and plugged it back up and it stopped. and i also remembered that the 02 sensor slid into a puddle of oil on the ground . would the sensor read different and cause me to have a bouncy idle?? it was idling good before i drove the car now it won't start FML any ideas???

also i did notice that the plugs were not plugged in. I didn't remember taking it off but then again the wire is to short

coming from under the plug covers

Right next to the alternator

Any thoughts?? again thanks a lot for your help!!!

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
right..

I see the black cap is still on the chassis harness beside the orange one, make sure you install the jdm orange and grey terminator caps that should have come with your swap, and remove the orange and black ones that were stock.
Old 01-16-13, 03:55 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Since you've gone single all the plugs that were part of the TT assemblies few vsv's can be removed from the harness or taped off and ignored.

Be careful messing around with the TPS, as you'll need to readjust if it gets moved. But the O2 sensor dropped in some oil isn't a good a scenario either, but you can test it by just disconnecting it and resetting the ecu as it will go into a fixed map mode and run ok just a little rich, no limp mode or anything.

Upon first cold start the ecu ignores the o2 sensors until the engine reaches operating temp. If the o2 sensor is indeed bad this could be why it idled good at first start but no good later.

As for stalling on acceleration, I wonder what are the specifics of what you did for the fuel pump and return?
Old 01-16-13, 05:15 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

I'm running a walbro 5/16 return line. so heres the whole story how i got this swap. i bought a another car gs300 with the GTE in it for a really good deal i coulnt pass up. it was running strong. i knew i would never be able to afford one with a house payment, kids and a car payment. so i decided it would be a good investment and swap the motors/ lsd diff. so swapped motors and sold the other car for more then i bought it. so really its my time swapping it for a free motor,lsd, system, double din and ect. Im going to test it in the morning with a different sensor. ill give u the heads up if this 02 fixes it
Old 01-16-13, 08:16 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Did you pull the whole pump assy from the swapped car or mod your own hanger?

I assume you removed the intank fpr, and if so did you plug the bottom hole it came out of?

Got any pics of the whole engine bay, and do you still have the maf hooked up and in front of the turbo correct?
Old 01-16-13, 10:13 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

i pulled the whole pump and swapped it. i went though it again just now found out what was going wrong. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK SOMEONE ELSES WORK. It was a crooked hose clamp near the intake manifold and had a leak in the pipping.

heres the pic of the engine bay

Did you pull the whole pump assy from the swapped car or mod your own hanger?

I assume you removed the intank fpr, and if so did you plug the bottom hole it came out of?

Got any pics of the whole engine bay, and do you still have the maf hooked up and in front of the turbo correct?
Old 01-16-13, 10:23 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

what do u mean in tank for? the one that fuel tube under the fuel pump?
Old 11-23-16, 02:02 AM
BoostedVic
Driver School Candidate

Let it hang. don't need it if your running the aristo ecu.
hello sir, i was wondering about the black and orange plug that are capped off, i have a 2000 lexus gs300 that i am swapping a th400 in it, i assume i wont need to worry about those two plugs anymore and i can cut them off
Old 11-29-16, 07:25 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BoostedVic
hello sir, i was wondering about the black and orange plug that are capped off, i have a 2000 lexus gs300 that i am swapping a th400 in it, i assume i wont need to worry about those two plugs anymore and i can cut them off
Don't just cut them off. The 160 vs 161 cap colors change the grounding order of the pins, which one of the only that differ between the two is the shift lock, but I would not cut them off, as the grounding pins in them were not only trans functions. But no, with a TH400 you don't have to concern yourself with shiftlock as it was a function of the gs electronic transmission. You just need the Neutral Safety Switch wire either shorted together or connected to the TH400, the rest of the gs auto trans wiring under the car can hang or be cut. The NSS wire are the two Large Gauge ones in the center of the plug if you look at the connector that plugged into the gear selector switch on the GS trans.
Old 11-29-16, 11:54 AM
BoostedVic
Driver School Candidate

Don't just cut them off. The 160 vs 161 cap colors change the grounding order of the pins, which one of the only that differ between the two is the shift lock, but I would not cut them off, as the grounding pins in them were not only trans functions. But no, with a TH400 you don't have to concern yourself with shiftlock as it was a function of the gs electronic transmission. You just need the Neutral Safety Switch wire either shorted together or connected to the TH400, the rest of the gs auto trans wiring under the car can hang or be cut. The NSS wire are the two Large Gauge ones in the center of the plug if you look at the connector that plugged into the gear selector switch on the GS trans.

well i order the AEM INFINITY 508, so i can assume i dont have to worrie about any of this anymore at all