Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte swap exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-12, 09:41 PM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte swap exhaust questions

Kinda new to this site and recently in the process of my swapping my 2jzgte vvti into my black 00 lexus gs300. I would like to say thanks CLUB LEXUS for the helpfull info on here. any who, i went ahead and did a single 70-1 precision turbo and 3 inch all the way back to the Y pipe. I cannot find a 3 inch exhaust besides the fujisubo exhaust which is $1850 which is a little out of my price range. I m really liking the tanabe medallion exhaust and its affordable but the only thing is that its 2 1/2 inches. If i change out the axle back only would i still have the free flow still because i do have two mufflers. or would it defeat the purpose of 3 inch exhaust ?
Old 12-07-12, 08:49 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

There are a few other full 3" exhausts in japan for the aristo, but are not commonly imported like the fujitsubo is. You gotta be patient to find something and will still be spending similar money as the fujitsubo to get it here.

The 2.5 will rob some power, and it will be become much more apparent when trying to make big numbers.

If you expect your car to sound like a crazy awesome supra, do NOT get the Tanabe MT. But if you want a clean, subtle, refined sound and classy looking double walled tips then it is a great choice.

I've run a couple different exhaust combos, but here is a video of my car running a GTE with 3" down/mid pipes and the 2.5" Tanabe Medalion Touring kit.

Old 12-08-12, 12:10 AM
Duymaista
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vert sexy lex man!! just like mine!!! do u know of any good exhaust but quite exhaust?

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
There are a few other full 3" exhausts in japan for the aristo, but are not commonly imported like the fujitsubo is. You gotta be patient to find something and will still be spending similar money as the fujitsubo to get it here.

The 2.5 will rob some power, and it will be become much more apparent when trying to make big numbers.

If you expect your car to sound like a crazy awesome supra, do NOT get the Tanabe MT. But if you want a clean, subtle, refined sound and classy looking double walled tips then it is a great choice.

I've run a couple different exhaust combos, but here is a video of my car running a GTE with 3" down/mid pipes and the 2.5" Tanabe Medalion Touring kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vIXUZH8-9k