Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

06 IS250 Modding Help And Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-12, 11:06 PM
Vq4life
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 IS250 Modding Help And Suggestions

Alright so i have already ordered my joe z intake pipe then im thinking of ordering a tanabe exhaust invidia mid pipe and some headers . Will this put me over 200whp or about?? i change stock rims to rpf1's and removed anything uneccsory in the trunk and car . Also on the headers do they extended L shape bungs that go into stock place work ?? or will i still get a cel light ?? Also been doing tons of research and cant find anything about nitrous for the 250 only 350 i want to put between a 35-50 shot no more after the mods do the cars run lean ?? ive heard these are natural rich cars also will probaly put 1 step colder plugs just incase . Thanks to anyone for input and help new to the lexus scene
Old 12-06-12, 05:31 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vq4life
Alright so i have already ordered my joe z intake pipe then im thinking of ordering a tanabe exhaust invidia mid pipe and some headers . Will this put me over 200whp or about?? i change stock rims to rpf1's and removed anything uneccsory in the trunk and car . Also on the headers do they extended L shape bungs that go into stock place work ?? or will i still get a cel light ?? Also been doing tons of research and cant find anything about nitrous for the 250 only 350 i want to put between a 35-50 shot no more after the mods do the cars run lean ?? ive heard these are natural rich cars also will probaly put 1 step colder plugs just incase . Thanks to anyone for input and help new to the lexus scene
I hope your not trying to mod this car for power, because its not going to happen. Unless you have a 350 (or want to spend ~5k on a supercharger for ~50hp), the 250 is all show and no go.

I have intake/midpipe/exhaust and I only got ~177whp when I dynoed my car (it probably wasnt very accurate, but the numbers wouldnt change drastically). I only did these mods for sound. You MIGHT hit 200whp only because of the headers.

Search "nitrous" and a few threads will pop up.
Old 12-06-12, 07:23 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Assuming you have a RWD IS250,

204 BHP with 15% power loss ~ 173 WHP
Joe Z ~ 5 WHP
Axleback + Midpipe ~ 10 WHP
Headers ~ 15 WHP

Total ~ 203 WHP + some lighter wheels.......................in the best of the best scenario
Old 12-06-12, 08:43 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazon Amazon

anyone seen these installed? They look hot but wondering how they sound
Old 12-06-12, 09:21 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

^^^^^That's just a muffler, not going to change in sound

Last edited by reyoasian; 12-06-12 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-06-12, 09:33 AM
zydus
Driver School Candidate

I have an 06 IS250 as well. Pretty much all the mods you can do are:

- intake (Joe Z/Fsport for performance, short rams for sound) - better throttle response
- exhaust (axle back depending on loudness and sound desired) - looks
- midpipe (depending on loudness and sound desired) - sound
- headers - some hp but won't really be noticeable i don't think
- suspension (coilovers or sports springs and shocks) - handling
- sway bars - handling

I feel the best mods for the is250 are the changes to the suspension to improve handling instead of trying to increase the hp. The intake and exhaust parts will give you better sound and some HPs as a bonus.
Old 12-06-12, 10:01 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Headers will give you the most hp out of all these mods ~15 but cost at least ~$600 for PPE and its a bit tedious to install in our cars so a shop will charge you quite a bit of labor. Not worth it IMO
Old 12-06-12, 10:03 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

^^ and possible CEL..... -_-
Old 12-06-12, 10:19 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

If u installed Header correctly and wired the o2 sensor simulator there's no cel .
Old 12-06-12, 10:56 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Being one of the most performance modded IS250's, i'll take a shot here...

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Assuming you have a RWD IS250,

204 BHP with 15% power loss ~ 173 WHP
Joe Z ~ 5 WHP
Axleback + Midpipe ~ 10 WHP
Headers ~ 15 WHP

Total ~ 203 WHP + some lighter wheels.......................in the best of the best scenario
Yeah, best scenario indeed, since the numbers dont necessary "stack". I dynoed at 187whp with PPE headers, Fujita intake, joez race exhaust before i installed my supercharger. I was told by the shop their dyno (dynojet w/ 4000lb rollers) reads ~12% lower due to the larger rollers. I would assume their 12% comes from their cars readings on different dynos, but they run 1000whp+ cars, so it's a 12% difference at that amount of power and I'd assume a smaller loss in shown power for my car. I took it with a grain of salt, as I'm not out to brag about a horsepower number i achieved on a car like this.

FWIW a friend dynoed his stock at i think ~183whp somewhere else... all depends on what dyno you run on/want to believe.

Originally Posted by blitz_714
If u installed Header correctly and wired the o2 sensor simulator there's no cel .
Mostly true, for me at least. Before boosting, i had a CEL from headers about 15-30% of the time. Seemed to come on when i drove very conservatively. I didnt much care though.

Overall, ~200whp is nearly achieved/achieved with all bolt ons. Nitrous can be run, my buddy has done that on his 250 with no problems. Just dont go crazy.
Old 12-06-12, 12:05 PM
Vq4life
Driver School Candidate

alright thanx for all the help . Im not trying to make it super fast just want a lil bit more get up and go i was going to get a is350 but had 150k and they wanted 22k for it only one in town i could find ... Im not to worried about the cel just want to be able to pass inspection! lol i had a g35 full exhaust straight piped with 02 extenders and i passed every year due to no cel light they didnt even care about the smell lol Also on the nitrous wont get to crazy learned my lesson along time ago on a 300zx with a 200 shot also which fuel line did he tap ? i heard to the driver side ?? and some say the passanger lol i just want to be carefully really like the car love the ride and the mpg . Also for handling later next year i want to install a vsld i heard that you have to have a doner diff from a is300 to do this also install some sways then cosmetic mods
Old 12-09-12, 07:26 PM
jsibayan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mods Suggestion for Suspension

I have a question related to this thread, if I may. I just installed a set of Megan coilovers, the EZ's and I want some suggestions on sway bars and other related suspension components. While doing some research on bars, struts, sways (front and rear) there various combinations that can be used. From Ultra, Cusco, F-sport, Hotchkis etc. I noticed that there are chasis braces, top and lower from front and rear. Has anyone come up with a formula on which items and combinations used in suspension components and the pros and cons of their installs. I'm "Hella confused" on what to use as far as combinations.

I want better handling on windy highway roads but still have some sort of, so to speak luxury comforts, but I understand that comfort can be sacrificed. Can anyone give me some ideas? I'm itching for some MODS in this area.
Old 12-09-12, 07:36 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jsibayan
I have a question related to this thread, if I may. I just installed a set of Megan coilovers, the EZ's and I want some suggestions on sway bars and other related suspension components. While doing some research on bars, struts, sways (front and rear) there various combinations that can be used. From Ultra, Cusco, F-sport, Hotchkis etc. I noticed that there are chasis braces, top and lower from front and rear. Has anyone come up with a formula on which items and combinations used in suspension components and the pros and cons of their installs. I'm "Hella confused" on what to use as far as combinations.

I want better handling on windy highway roads but still have some sort of, so to speak luxury comforts, but I understand that comfort can be sacrificed. Can anyone give me some ideas? I'm itching for some MODS in this area.
Most of the people on this forum will tell you to at least get the fsport sway bar. Makes a big difference
Old 12-10-12, 03:13 PM
jsibayan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bob4256
Most of the people on this forum will tell you to at least get the fsport sway bar. Makes a big difference
The Front and Rear Sway bars?
Old 12-10-12, 03:55 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jsibayan
The Front and Rear Sway bars?
You can get both, but the rear makes the most difference

Quick Reply: 06 IS250 Modding Help And Suggestions