Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

jdm water pump vs usdm water pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-12, 10:14 AM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm water pump vs usdm water pump

well when i did the jdm swap in my gs300 and wanted to swap out water pumps come to find out that the usdm water pump does not match with the jdm motor. now my question is for the near future what manufacture has the water pump replacement and gasket. or is there a cross reference to get it to work. now i did find out that the water pumps for the sc300 and gs300 are 2 different pumps due to the bolt patteren would the sc300 work on the gs300 models?
Old 10-29-12, 11:25 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

You need to clarify which version of which motors you refering to.

The JDM VVTI-GTE pump is the same as the USDM GTE pump, so just go to toyota and buy a new mkiv pump and bolt it on.

The VVTI-GE pump does not fit any version of the GTE because of the head port.

The NON-VVTI JDM Aristo GTE had a hydro fan, and needs a pump swap from a USDM mkiv GTE or JDM VVTI GTE to eliminate that hydro setup.

Again you didn't mention what version of motor your swapped to, but no pumps from any US SC/IS/GS will work on a GTE head directly.

Not sure what 'bolt pattern differences' you describe. The pumps mount to the front of the block and the front of a 2J iza 2J iza 2J.. You can bolt any pump on any 2J, it's the head, fan, and heater tube setups that differ.
Old 10-29-12, 10:42 PM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have purchased a jdm 2jzge vvt-i due to the fact i had a rod knock and purchased a usdm water pump and the setup is slightly different because of the bolt pattern of the jdm block is not lining up with the usdm water pump its off by two bolt holes up top . I figured they were identical water pumps but i might guess wrong. Now is the housing that is in the block that mates with the water pump different from the usdm model as well?

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
You need to clarify which version of which motors you refering to.

The JDM VVTI-GTE pump is the same as the USDM GTE pump, so just go to toyota and buy a new mkiv pump and bolt it on.

The VVTI-GE pump does not fit any version of the GTE because of the head port.

The NON-VVTI JDM Aristo GTE had a hydro fan, and needs a pump swap from a USDM mkiv GTE or JDM VVTI GTE to eliminate that hydro setup.

Again you didn't mention what version of motor your swapped to, but no pumps from any US SC/IS/GS will work on a GTE head directly.

Not sure what 'bolt pattern differences' you describe. The pumps mount to the front of the block and the front of a 2J iza 2J iza 2J.. You can bolt any pump on any 2J, it's the head, fan, and heater tube setups that differ.
Old 10-31-12, 07:47 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Can you post a pic of whats not lining up??