Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

usdm 2jzge vs jdm 2jzge

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-12, 12:39 AM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default usdm 2jzge vs jdm 2jzge

I have done a bit of research on the us and jdm 2j's and just needed you guys input. here is my situation my old us 2j practically is about to give bearings going bad and other things. I have found a complete motor, ecu, ignitor chip, and uncut harness on the jdm 2j for about 1k shipped to my door. Now I plan on running a complete jdm swap because we do not have emissions in KY and was wondering if I would have to change any sensors out which i do know i won't be running maf on it as well if that is possible. I am new to the Lex family and just need some input on what the do's and don'ts are thanks.
Old 10-04-12, 01:26 AM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Sure you could get a usdm 2j for a decent deal. Any other reason you want the jdm?
Old 10-04-12, 03:17 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

why not just swap out the bad parts on your existing motor instead of gambling on an unknown JDM motor that you will have to do work on regardless to make it work?

Work smarter not harder
Old 10-06-12, 12:04 AM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

well due to the fact being is that my oil pump is going bad and also my bearings as well I plan on rebuilding the motor to have spare laying around. And i needed it fast because i can't ride my r6 during fall and winter and also i have a child and looking for a reliable motor to get me going. did not want to invest to much money as it is right now just trying to get the damn thing running and going. i just need some inputs on if i can do the swap without swapping any parts over to run usdm. but if their is chance i have too, it wouldn't matter either way it goes. I just need to know if i would be running into any snags like some parts are not interchangeable egr i know it does not have it on the jdm swap and also maf sensor anything else i should also need to know

Last edited by zenki s14; 10-06-12 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-06-12, 12:06 AM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

so whats the difference if i gamble on an unknown jdm motor everybody else does it when the go with an aristo 2j its a gamble no matter how you look at it.

Originally Posted by 88supramki
why not just swap out the bad parts on your existing motor instead of gambling on an unknown JDM motor that you will have to do work on regardless to make it work?

Work smarter not harder
Old 10-06-12, 03:31 PM
Hardrvin
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

It's a gamble and I lost. Mine had lowish compression in a cylinder and I'm rebuilding it prior to putting it in. Unfortunately not there yet else I'd sell you my original motor.
Old 10-07-12, 12:10 AM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

where did you get your motor from? i know the feeling man i will probably rebuild my old motor completely so i will have an extra spare motor just in case this one fails but will see what happens in the next couple of days. hopefully the jdm swap will go smoothly but we all know nothing goes smoothly.
Originally Posted by Hardrvin
It's a gamble and I lost. Mine had lowish compression in a cylinder and I'm rebuilding it prior to putting it in. Unfortunately not there yet else I'd sell you my original motor.
Old 10-08-12, 07:48 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zenki s14
so whats the difference if i gamble on an unknown jdm motor everybody else does it when the go with an aristo 2j its a gamble no matter how you look at it.
It is a gamble either way. I for one, would not just take the motor off of the pallet and put it in my car. When I eventually do a swap (I'm still a big kid at heart), I'm going to go through the motor and replace as many of the parts as I can. Same parts as 2J NA so if you have warranties on the parts, there's a big chunk of rebuild taken off already (Plus you could do part in hand and give them the finger when they ask you for a core charge).

I personally wouldn't swap like for like...if you are going to swap, make it worth your while.
Old 10-08-12, 11:49 PM
zenki s14
Driver School Candidate

well i have already have brand new parts like timing belt, water pump, tensioner, idler pulley, and serpentine belt tensioner and will be replacing the thermostat as well. i made sure i will be replacing the major components outside the motor, but if you think i should stick with the usdm parts like maf, and throttle body i have no problem doing that any good inputs will be taken in consideration it will arrive sometime later today.