Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

***HELP*** In need of RMM SC Kit Install Instructions ***HELP***

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-12, 10:34 AM
erknjerk78
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LALEX1
No problem. Wish I couldve helped more. What exactly are you trying to do? I could literally install and uninstall this kit with my eyes closed now.
I'm one step closer bro! I had nothing before. I'm looking for the torque specs. I have to do my 90k and I need to get my charger rebuilt. The seals are bad now, so I was going to send it in to Vortech.
Old 10-10-12, 04:51 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by erknjerk78
I'm one step closer bro! I had nothing before. I'm looking for the torque specs. I have to do my 90k and I need to get my charger rebuilt. The seals are bad now, so I was going to send it in to Vortech.
I got a quick question. How do you know if the seals are blown and the SC needs to be rebuilt if you didn't install it and run it yet?
Old 10-10-12, 05:18 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

check for cracks around the lip seal..

as for the highspeed seal you cant tell unless you install it or remove the impeller.. only way to remove impeller is to open up the crankcase and remove the bears + shaft. At that point you might as well replace it all at once.

this is how i know...

Last edited by vwynn; 10-10-12 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-10-12, 05:19 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

i think i found the other said 2 pages from the copy robertgave me.. i just keep forgetting to snap it lol...

also regarding torque specs.. i dont recall anything having torque numbers... so i just tightened everything until i thought it was tight enough without stripping of course.
Old 10-10-12, 06:10 PM
erknjerk78
Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I got a quick question. How do you know if the seals are blown and the SC needs to be rebuilt if you didn't install it and run it yet?
1) There is oil on the outside of the charger where the two assemblies meet. 2) The charger was installed when I bought the car. To my understanding; this was one of the first kits sold.

Originally Posted by vwynn
i think i found the other said 2 pages from the copy robertgave me.. i just keep forgetting to snap it lol...

also regarding torque specs.. i dont recall anything having torque numbers... so i just tightened everything until i thought it was tight enough without stripping of course.
If you could snap, scan, email, or whatever them that would be great! If there are no torque specs then I'll have to go by feel.
Old 10-11-12, 03:00 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Got it, thanks guys! So, I never installed my SRT kit yet and it looks real clean. Kind of afraid to open it up though. Is there anything else I should look out for? The bearings seem nice and tighght and quiet when I spin the pulley, so I guess this is a good thing. My kit is a little different than the RMM in that mine doesn't have a standalone oil supply...my oil will be supplied by the main engine oil via a steel braided line tapped inro the oil pan. My worst fear is spending money and downtime on the install only to find that it needed to be rebuilt. The last owner said he never even installed it, the owner prior to that said he only had it in for a short while and it worked awrsome with no leaks and original owner Mr Johnson said it it never gave him any problems and was on a non-dailt GS4. Eventhough this kit is almost 10 years old I have a feeling that it wasn't used a lot. I don't mean to thread jack. This thread is helping me out a lot! Thanks all!
Old 10-19-12, 03:53 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Got it, thanks guys! So, I never installed my SRT kit yet and it looks real clean. Kind of afraid to open it up though. Is there anything else I should look out for? The bearings seem nice and tighght and quiet when I spin the pulley, so I guess this is a good thing. My kit is a little different than the RMM in that mine doesn't have a standalone oil supply...my oil will be supplied by the main engine oil via a steel braided line tapped inro the oil pan. My worst fear is spending money and downtime on the install only to find that it needed to be rebuilt. The last owner said he never even installed it, the owner prior to that said he only had it in for a short while and it worked awrsome with no leaks and original owner Mr Johnson said it it never gave him any problems and was on a non-dailt GS4. Eventhough this kit is almost 10 years old I have a feeling that it wasn't used a lot. I don't mean to thread jack. This thread is helping me out a lot! Thanks all!

personally ide install first to see if its solid or not... perdy much only way. unless you open it up and see if its fine. .

RMM uses Vortech V2SQ Superchargers. They tap into the engine's oil supply so youde have to get oil from the engine to the unit and have a drain line.

The Vortech V3 blowers are the one with integrated oil supply.. which i might consider getting later on if i keep the supercharger.

Tapping the oil = tap the oil filter area. Run a T on the oil pressure sensor located at the oil filter unit.

Drain line = Drain it back into the oil level sensor. This involves removing the sensor and drilling out the sensor so you have a nice hole in the middle. Add a barb fitting to it or any fitting you want + JB weld to secure. bolt it back up. If you have big hands... good luck LOL..
Old 10-19-12, 04:31 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
The Vortech V3 blowers are the one with integrated oil supply.. which i might consider getting later on if i keep the supercharger.
you thinking of getting rid of this Vince....?
Old 10-21-12, 09:57 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

possibly. but so far i enjoy the additional power... just i dont enjoy the MPG of the GS400 in general.
Old 10-21-12, 11:17 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Old 10-22-12, 07:39 AM
erknjerk78
Driver

Thanks vwynn! Much appreciated bro!
Old 10-22-12, 08:48 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

no prob. Those were given to me by Rob (LALEX)

didnt have a scanner so i had to take a pic of it on my phone lol