Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Installing Takeda Intake on is250

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-12, 11:52 AM
jgonx213
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohh alright bro! thanks!
Old 08-17-12, 12:01 PM
bboysunone
Driver

Originally Posted by jgonx213

Im having an issue where that tube is keep falling off even with the metal hook...
anyone having that problem?

I m having the same problem. I been driving it without it for a few weeks. I need to get a new hose or new clamp.
Old 08-17-12, 12:14 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bboysunone
I m having the same problem. I been driving it without it for a few weeks. I need to get a new hose or new clamp.
clamp. no new hose needed.
Old 05-29-13, 09:22 PM
Surf247
Driver

Okay I'm having major issues and I'm really frustrated now

My damn windows won't roll down only the driver side front and it doesn't roll down automatically I have to hold it

Another thing is the other bolt in part on the heat blocker won't fit because of some box located down there?!!!!!!

Help!
Old 05-30-13, 05:37 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Surf247

My damn windows won't roll down only the driver side front and it doesn't roll down automatically I have to hold it

Another thing is the other bolt in part on the heat blocker won't fit because of some box located down there?!!!!!!

Help!
I had the same issue, you can either drill a hole for the other bolt, or just leave it on with the one bolt.

I decided to just leave it with one bolt and I havent had any issues
Old 05-30-13, 06:07 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bboysunone
use a zip tie to hold it in place and remove it a day later n it will stay...its bec the pipe swell when it get hot and hold it in

Help!
i moved it out the way and zip tie it to the side...or you can drill new holes...
Old 05-30-13, 07:22 AM
Surf247
Driver

why the f(u)ck does takeda not mention any of this shiiiiiiiiiiit on the install!
Old 05-30-13, 07:40 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

why the f(u)ck does takeda not mention any of this shiiiiiiiiiiit on the install!
Your having issues with the window rolling up because you disconnected the battery right? If so, thats not really Takedas fault because you dont have to disconnect the battery.

And the one missing bolt isnt a big deal, everything thing works perfectly without that one bolt....
Old 05-30-13, 07:56 AM
Surf247
Driver

well the instructions told me too disconnect the battery and the bolt it'd be nice if they mentioned somethingl ike that. lol but thankfully all you guys are awesome and helped me out big time.

i was seriously goin to take it to lexus today and spend wahtever to fix it lol
Old 05-30-13, 10:00 AM
DryEye
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll post this pic up for future reference for people who may/will run into the power window issue after disconnecting the battery.

Old 06-29-14, 04:17 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Guys sorry to bring back such an old thread but I am also having the problem with the bracket near the headlight being blocked by the black box. I removed the black box and zip tied and double taped it to the top of the bracket, however does anyone know what the black box is? It has an electrical connector to it. Rather than leaving one of the heat shield brackets loose, I decided to relocate the black factory box.
Old 07-13-14, 07:05 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Guys sorry to bring back such an old thread but I am also having the problem with the bracket near the headlight being blocked by the black box. I removed the black box and zip tied and double taped it to the top of the bracket, however does anyone know what the black box is? It has an electrical connector to it. Rather than leaving one of the heat shield brackets loose, I decided to relocate the black factory box.
Yup me too... unbolted it, placed the new frame in and then zip tied it to the frame after!Installing Takeda Intake on is250-img_2322.jpg
Old 09-21-14, 11:19 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jgonx213

Im having an issue where that tube is keep falling off even with the metal hook...
anyone having that problem?
I know this an old thread but I wanted to add to it instead of making a new one for a similar issue. My oem vacuum hose was actually a little too short and also kept coming off. I just bought a foot of 5/8 heater hose, straight connector, and 2 clamps. I cut the oem down about 2 inches and it was a perfect snug fit.

I am so glad I bought this intake. The sounds is much better on my IS350 than what I was expecting.

Last edited by MikeFoxx; 09-21-14 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-22-14, 06:58 AM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You dont have to buy a new hose... Just rotate the body of the intake slightly! Thats what I dod, no problems here!
Old 09-22-14, 08:39 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixcision
You dont have to buy a new hose... Just rotate the body of the intake slightly! Thats what I dod, no problems here!
I did that... trust me it wasn't long enough to keep a solid seal. I even unbolted the heat shield and it would barely stay on its own. Once I'd touch it to bolt down it would be toward the edge of the port on the tube. I spent less than $5 to know it will never come off unless I need it to.

The oem was only short by like a 1/4 inch from connecting to the tube on its own... and when i had it on it was on by half an inch. I want it completely against the tube so that engine vibration/road vibration can't knock it loose.

When I was researching Takeda threads it didn't seem like anyone had this issue but I posted it to help anyone who may run into it down the road.

Quick Reply: Installing Takeda Intake on is250