Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need supercharger for my IS350

Old 04-25-12, 03:06 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

just an idea but maybe add 2 more injectors?
Old 04-25-12, 03:56 PM
Kingdavid
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikellucci
I'd really like to see someone run over 7 psi on stock compression for more then a few days...piggyback, standalone or magic chip our compression is sky hiiiiiiigh
Funny you should complain about that. Costs about a grand to have a set of low compression pistons made.
Old 04-25-12, 03:58 PM
Kingdavid
Driver

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
well I found a ball bearing gt40 for sale in the local forums that would make for a nice rear mount setup.....just gotta get it going.

I definitely dont think you'll be seeing ANYONE with sustained boost levels above 7 psi without doing internal strengthening. The motor just isnt going to handle it.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...-flywheel.html

About an FE, not an FSE. Heavily modified but states block can be left alone for the most part.
Old 04-26-12, 12:10 PM
Gville350

Received 429 Likes on 383 Posts

Since there aren't any aftermarket alternatives to our stock injectors, I've heard the term "bored-out" injectors before but don't truly understand what all it entails. To me that sounds like increasing the fuel delivery ability of an injector; but I don't know if that will hinder driveability or not. Thoughts on this?
Old 04-26-12, 12:52 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingdavid
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...-flywheel.html

About an FE, not an FSE. Heavily modified but states block can be left alone for the most part.
uhhhh, yeah.....the block would be the least of my concerns. I'm talking about all the strengthening that was necessary for springs, rods, pistons, studs, etc

Not to mention the FE didnt use half port and half direct injection.

Last edited by 06isDriver; 04-26-12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-26-12, 05:02 PM
mbeach
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gville350
Since there aren't any aftermarket alternatives to our stock injectors, I've heard the term "bored-out" injectors before but don't truly understand what all it entails. To me that sounds like increasing the fuel delivery ability of an injector; but I don't know if that will hinder driveability or not. Thoughts on this?
Most of the places I inquired with won't touch the DI injectors. I find it hard to believe it's a one-off unit just for this motor. That just doesn't make (economic) sense.
The more I thought about it, modifying the stock DI injector wouldn't help, as it plays hell with the pulse and pattern. Might loose efficiency in the quest for more fuel.

The port injector is a fairly common unit (also used on the IS-F), but increasing its flow capability does no good since the engine is 100% on the DI injectors at WOT.

The trick would be to keep the port injectors open longer, at a higher rpm. The 80% duty cycle that HKS is seeing is pushing the limits for all but the best injectors, and for sure too long for an in cylinder unit like the one we have.

The computer's too smart for my own good.
Old 04-26-12, 05:50 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why couldnt you do some sort of inline injector at the manifold?? treat it like nitrous, window switches and WOT only.

I think my mapecu has control for additional injectors and some multi stage nitrous activation too.
Old 04-26-12, 07:09 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The trick is really going to be adding another HKS Fcon or Map ECU to the port injectors. have it's own tune. Grrrrr.....this will be impossible to tune.

The only full EMS that I know of that controls 12 injectors is Motec $8k. The injector driver is @ $4k. All the Motec sensors are $2k. But for that price I'll have a full ECU / EMS that will and can emulate and talk Cann bus...

Pocket change ... Fkkkkkkkkkkkk

Im thinking for that much money I could just send my car to Tom's in Japan and have them tune it. Then ship it back.
Old 04-27-12, 06:17 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
The trick is really going to be adding another HKS Fcon or Map ECU to the port injectors. have it's own tune. Grrrrr.....this will be impossible to tune.

The only full EMS that I know of that controls 12 injectors is Motec $8k. The injector driver is @ $4k. All the Motec sensors are $2k. But for that price I'll have a full ECU / EMS that will and can emulate and talk Cann bus...

Pocket change ... Fkkkkkkkkkkkk

Im thinking for that much money I could just send my car to Tom's in Japan and have them tune it. Then ship it back.
I thought the TOMs kit (besides only running like 5.5 psi) required a JDM ECU in the car?

I know the one guy in the UK running one is running a JDM vehicle to do it.

I wasn't aware they could program the port injectors to have their own tune on the stock ECU though- otherwise I'm not sure how that'd fix your fuel problem.

Last edited by Kurtz; 04-27-12 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-27-12, 02:52 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kurtz
I thought the TOMs kit (besides only running like 5.5 psi) required a JDM ECU in the car?

I know the one guy in the UK running one is running a JDM vehicle to do it.

I wasn't aware they could program the port injectors to have their own tune on the stock ECU though- otherwise I'm not sure how that'd fix your fuel problem.

It was just a pun'

I have a JDM ECU in my poss. right now. Not sure what the differance is tho. Or what the big deal is. I have plugged it up and ran it for @ 200 miles with no CEL's or any other issues.

hmmmm( makes HKS350 think what cool features it might unlock) Like rolling the windows up from remote, lol j/king
Old 04-27-12, 05:22 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

^ Josephs car also has the super charger from Toms. JDM ECU required as mentioned above.

Old 04-27-12, 07:10 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
It was just a pun'

I have a JDM ECU in my poss. right now. Not sure what the differance is tho. Or what the big deal is. I have plugged it up and ran it for @ 200 miles with no CEL's or any other issues.

hmmmm( makes HKS350 think what cool features it might unlock) Like rolling the windows up from remote, lol j/king
this is a complete outta you-know-where guess but perhaps it's one of two things:

The JDM ecu doesn't have the same sort of encryption the US one does

or

it does, but a JDM company reprogramming the JDM ECU is able to crack said encryption without running afoul of the DMCA here in the US.
Old 04-27-12, 07:49 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

My awnser is....... They look the same, muhahahaha

No really I'd guess the encryption is not as heavy as the US market.

My US ECU has tamper proof screws, safety measures to ensure I don't get into it. The JDM ECU just phillip head screws.

Something makes me think these JDM ECU are as easy for the Japanses to flash as the Chevy camero ECU is to flash for us.

Last edited by HKS350; 04-27-12 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-28-12, 10:24 AM
6MTIS250
Driver

could that be the jdm ecu have the speed limited at 180km/h , and the US market one doesn't